PDA

View Full Version : Four Roses in Oklahoma City!

BeeEss
10-08-2008, 12:55
Last Saturday I popped in to a liquor store on the way to a friend's house to grab a few beers for the game. I always check out the bourbon selection at this particular store, because I've made a few good dusty bottle finds there in the past (I think the owner may be a bit of a bourbon enthusiast - their selection is generally wider than a lot of places.) Anyhow, this time they had three different expressions of Four Roses - the Yellow, the Single Barrel, and (IIRC) the Limited Edition.

Our liquor laws here are structured in such a way that (if I'm remembering this right) package stores can only purchase from authorized suppliers. Basically, that dictates what you can and can't get - if an approved supplier doesn't carry it, your store can't order it and you don't get to buy it within state lines. Since I've done quite a bit of shopping and never seen Four Roses products before, my guess is that the catalog must have expanded recently. Hooray for us!

So the question is this - which one should I try first? Obviously, they are at different price points, but is there one of those three that stands over the others? I wanted to get one of each, but that didn't exactly win approval from the Financial Department, so I figure I'll try one at a time.

Thanks much!

--b

Rughi
10-08-2008, 13:09
I like the yellow and Single Barrel better, for what they are, than the Small Batch - but that presumption will be retested this weekend.

Since the relaunch of domestic Four Roses, I think they have had the most consistently high quality products in the industry. You can't go wrong, in my opinion.

Roger

jbewley
10-09-2008, 07:31
Wow.. which liquor store was it, if you don't mind me asking? I'd love to try Four Roses, but haven't found it in OK yet..

- Jeff

tsangster
10-09-2008, 11:45
Recently showed up in GA as well.

OscarV
10-09-2008, 12:48
C'mon Kirin, give Michigan some love.

BeeEss
10-09-2008, 14:07
Hey, jbewley:

It was Sam's Wholesale Liquor, which is just west of I-44 on NW 23rd (almost to Portland.) They had about 8-10 bottles of each expression last Saturday. I'm going to try to swing by this weekend to pick up one or two bottles.

--b

DoubleT
10-10-2008, 14:50
Hey, jbewley:

It was Sam's Wholesale Liquor, which is just west of I-44 on NW 23rd (almost to Portland.) They had about 8-10 bottles of each expression last Saturday. I'm going to try to swing by this weekend to pick up one or two bottles.

--b
Well, don't buy them all. I want to get that way Saturday and pick up a bottle or two myself. Also I have an e-mail request into Byron's at 23rd & Broadway to see if they will be carrying this as well in case Sam's getting this was an accident. We can hope it wasn't.

BeeEss
10-10-2008, 15:45
No problem. I just got back from Sam's, and they still have plenty left. :D I picked up the yellow label and the Single Barrel. Incidentally, not to dig on the staff at Sam's, but don't expect stellar service if you go during a busy time. I'm not sure anyone who worked there even knew what it was I was buying.

Let me know what you find out about Byron's. Let's hope it wasn't a freaky accident - if it was we may have to do some stockpiling ;)

--b