PDA

View Full Version : Returning after a LONG absense

Nick
11-09-2008, 11:31
I was talking Whiskey with someone the other day and remembered this site. It used to be one of my top sites, but I haven't log in (according to my profile) in almost 4 years, it has probably been even longer since I posted anything.

So I thought I would say hi.

So, hi!

I picked up a bottle of Buffalo Trace the other day and am looking forward to giving it a shot. The last time I was here it was well thought of but not available in California.

funknik
11-09-2008, 11:44
I'm new here, but welcome back! Buffalo Trace is also unavailable in Maine where I live, but it's at the top of my list for bottles to try...let me know how it goes.

Guinness Guy
11-09-2008, 12:01
Hey Nick, welcome back, i myself am new to the site. I only tried Bourbon for the first time a few days ago after finding this site. Buffalo Trace was the first bourbon i tried, and to be honest, it was everything i was hoping. Im not yet experienced enough to describe the aromas and flavors to you, but it was extremely pleasant to drink. Hope you enjoy your tipple...

ACDetroit
11-09-2008, 12:12
He Nick, I guess in respect to your membership number! I'm new here as well, welcome back I look forward to you participation in the future.

Enjoy the BT and don't forget to come back :grin: and give us your review of it!

Cheers!
Tony

Edit - Dave, thanks for the heads up I rarely look at that, sounds like I need a nice pour for this one? For post number 1000, I'll pour a little Willett's 25 yr old Cali Bottle or as Oscar calls it the Chocolate Monster.

Cheers and thanks again Dave!

Tony

bluesbassdad
11-09-2008, 12:29
He Nick, I guess in respect to your membership number! I'm new here as well, welcome back I look forward to you participation in the future.

Enjoy the BT and don't forget to come back :grin: and give us your review of it!

Cheers!
Tony

Hey, Tony! You just hit 1,000 posts!

Nick,

Welcome back! Give us a few more days to taper off and recuperate from the intense discussions of the Presidential election. (Unless you have a strong constitution, don't go near the Politics, Religion and Controversy forum for at least the next month. :grin: )

Some folks who were regulars here four years ago are seldom heard from now. However, new arrivals have pretty much taken up the slack.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

Nick
11-09-2008, 14:00
Hey, Tony! You just hit 1,000 posts!

Nick,

Welcome back! Give us a few more days to taper off and recuperate from the intense discussions of the Presidential election. (Unless you have a strong constitution, don't go near the Politics, Religion and Controversy forum for at least the next month. :grin: )

Some folks who were regulars here four years ago are seldom heard from now. However, new arrivals have pretty much taken up the slack.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

Hey, I remember you from way back when. Good to know some of the old folks are still around.

I plan to give the BT a sample tonight, I will be sure to post my thoughts.

branch_water
11-09-2008, 14:43
Hey Nick, welcome back. Im really new to bourbon but i learn a lot from the vets(you as well, i take it) here. I actually just tried BT for the first time last night. It was awesome, and at $22 a bottle, there is little room for complaint. I detected a spiciness with traces of vanilla. I also detected what i believe is rye. If im way off here, someone please tell me. It wont hurt my feelings; i want to learn.

sku
11-09-2008, 15:42
Hey Nick, always good to see another Angeleno on the boards. I'm a fan of BT. I used to have to have friend bring it from Tennessee. They started carrying it in California about a year ago.

ratcheer
11-09-2008, 16:22
Welcome back, Nick. Try to drop by more often. :bigeyes:

Tim

fishnbowljoe
11-09-2008, 20:36
Welcome back to the fold Nick. Hope to see some posts. Joe

pepcycle
11-10-2008, 10:06
Nick,
Good to hear from you.
This site is addicting. As addicting, if not more, than its namesake.

A few of us real oldies are still hangin' around.