PDA

View Full Version : Joint effort

Skunk
11-20-2008, 20:38
After meeting a user here (or perhaps the originator (?), alias str8bourbon) on a music/technology forum, I was compelled to join sans lurking. Hopefully I can keep my foot out of my mouth- for a few posts at least.

I'm lucky (depending on your outlook) to have a girlfriend who enjoys bourbon as much as I do. Since she couldn't care less about the technology forum, I thought this would be a good opportunity for us to share virtual quality time.

I suppose saying she enjoys bourbon doesn't tell the whole story. She actually sent in the paperwork for me to be a member of a bourbon society that I can't recall the name of. Mapquested the trip to Bardstown and nearby camping locations so that we could take a cheap camping trip to attend the bourbon fest (unfortunately we didn't make it). She even called the local today to see if they could get any of the four roses because she followed my bookmark here and saw that it was BOTM. That almost transcends luck, verging on fate :-)

Anyway, we hope to meet some of you next year, and I'm very sorry we didn't make it this year (Heather).

-Jeff and Heather

birdman1099
11-20-2008, 20:45
Welcome guys !!!! (even though we have spoke already)

I am jealous that you have a "participating" partner !!!!

I don't have the most impressive bourbon collection, but i may have a few you haven't tried yet.:cool:

you are welcome at the "birdhouse" to have a few whenever you want !!!!

Skunk
11-20-2008, 20:53
I am jealous that you have a "participating" partner !!!!

Thanks birdman. You are more than welcome to share my partner anytime (as far as drinking goes!).

And thanks for the generous offer to try some new stuff. I feel like I should keep an eye out for somethng worthy of bringing, but I'm guessing you've tried everything currently available in the state, which would leave the experimental rum we were talking about. I just can't do that though.

birdman1099
11-20-2008, 20:56
Please do not worry about bringing anything !!!! I have plenty !!!:cool:

Just bring a thirst !!!!:grin:

fyi..... what part of town do you hail ???

spun_cookie
11-20-2008, 20:57
Welcoem Skunk... I will be sure to catch up with you next time I am at the Bird Cage

Skunk
11-20-2008, 21:04
Please do not worry about bringing anything !!!! I have plenty !!!:cool:

Just bring a thirst !!!!:grin:

fyi..... what part of town do you hail ???

We're in Broad Ripple. 63 hundred block of Guilford Ave.

Skunk
11-20-2008, 21:06
Welcoem Skunk... I will be sure to catch up with you next time I am at the Bird Cage

Thanks, but TBH I'm confused. Are you in/from Arizona?

birdman1099
11-20-2008, 21:08
AH !!! Broad ripple. Nice !!!

A trip to plainfield would not be too bad.

Spun Cookie hails from AZ, but is/will be a frequent visitor to the area !!!

spun_cookie
11-20-2008, 21:14
THat and every other area DOH!!!

Skunk
11-20-2008, 21:18
AH !!! Broad ripple. Nice !!!

A trip to plainfield would not be too bad.

Spun Cookie hails from AZ, but is/will be a frequent visitor to the area !!!

Not bad at all. I know the back roads ;-)

That would be great, we should plan in advance so everyone can make it.

I'm really starting to like this site!

birdman1099
11-20-2008, 21:21
Oh, yeah !!!! Now you are talking !!!

Bring 'em on !!!:grin:

gblick
11-21-2008, 07:25
Welcome to SB, Skunk!
This is a fine group here, enjoying the great drink called Bourbon.

floatingfast
11-21-2008, 14:25
Yes. Let's make a plan. I'm ready for the adventure.

Btw, I preferred the Weller to the Stagg-last night. Maybe another tasting is in order, just to be sure.

birdman1099
11-21-2008, 15:11
Btw, I preferred the Weller to the Stagg-last night. Maybe another tasting is in order, just to be sure.

By all means, taste away, but as far as I am concerned, the WLW is unbeatable !!!!:bowdown:

Virus_Of_Life
11-23-2008, 02:11
After meeting a user here (or perhaps the originator (?), alias str8bourbon) on a music/technology forum, I was compelled to join sans lurking. Hopefully I can keep my foot out of my mouth- for a few posts at least.
-Jeff and Heather

Yes. Let's make a plan. I'm ready for the adventure.

Welcome to the board Jeff and Heather. If by chance you meant the originator of this board that would Jbutler and you'll know his posts by "The Boss" he keeps everything running well and we do our best to help. I believe he is a techno guy so that could be him...

Enjoy the site!

Skunk
11-23-2008, 12:58
Welcome to the board Jeff and Heather. If by chance you meant the originator of this board that would Jbutler and you'll know his posts by "The Boss" he keeps everything running well and we do our best to help. I believe he is a techno guy so that could be him...

Enjoy the site!

Thanks Christian.

With all due respect I thought Springsteen was the Boss :-) , but yeah it was Jbutler. I complimented him on the username str*bourbon and it was off-topic from there.