PDA

View Full Version : What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

Pages : [1] 2

funknik
12-14-2008, 21:15
I thought I would start a thread in answer to "What did you purchase?"....so here it is, what did you see and want, but not buy today?

Visiting my first really great liquor store for bourbon yesterday (Julio's in MA), I had to pass up quite a few and also to go smaller than I wanted to get more bottles.....

I really wanted the PVW 15 but settled for the Lot B instead (even though the wife offed to get the Pappy's for Christmas, I was good -- maybe I can cash in later)
I also got the FR SmB instead of Julio's barrel SB.
There were so many, but others I wanted to try were Rockhill Farms, George Dickel Barrell Select TN Whiskey, Michter's Rye and the Black Maple bourbons....next time.

Tell me what you had to pass up....

Attila
12-14-2008, 22:32
i passed up Weller Centennial. its killing me.

Josh
12-15-2008, 11:53
Great idea for a thread!

Over the weekend, ended up passing up the following:
Ritt BIB
Dant BIB
Brown BIB
Jefferson's, both expressions
Michter's American Whiskey (sampled some though, blech!)
T.W. Samuels
KY's Tavern & Vintage
Noah's Creek.
Some $45 gift box with a small bottle of OF with a glass and some stuff about Repeal. (Is this the OF Repeal Bourbon or is it just another cheezy gift pack?)
The usual "I'm a cheap bastard" suspects, PVW's, BTAC, etc.

I feel good about my choices.

funknik
12-15-2008, 13:09
Great idea for a thread!
Some $45 gift box with a small bottle of OF with a glass and some stuff about Repeal. (Is this the OF Repeal Bourbon or is it just another cheezy gift pack?)
I also saw the OF repeal pack, but for $24...even at the low price, a 350ml is not really what I was shopping for....also had to pass up the Antique Collection for $47.99/bottle (I know. I'm crazy) Handy, Sazerac 18, WLarueW and Eagle Rare 17. C'est La Vie.

OscarV
12-15-2008, 15:04
the Antique Collection for $47.99/bottle

Are you serious?
You must be mistaken.

funknik
12-15-2008, 15:09
Are you serious?
You must be mistaken.
It has been known to happen...are the bottles I listed the correct bottles?

here's the NH Liquor store product search link...
http://www.nh.gov/liquor/products.shtml

OscarV
12-15-2008, 15:14
It has been known to happen...are the bottles I listed the correct bottles?

here's the NH Liquor store product search link...
http://www.nh.gov/liquor/products.shtml

I just looked up WLarueW on that link, it was listed as 121.9 proof which was the 2005 release, but they could just be repeating the proof and sure as heck it is listed at $47.99.
Here in MI if you could find it the minimum is $61.00.

funknik
12-15-2008, 15:24
I just looked up WLarueW on that link, it was listed as 121.9 proof which was the 2005 release, but they could just be repeating the proof and sure as heck it is listed at $47.99.
Here in MI if you could find it the minimum is $61.00.
Glad to know I wasn't mistaken -- that keeps my perfect streak alive!:rolleyes:

:grin::grin:

There are a lot of these floating around the NH liquor store system...if I was a rich man, I would have picked up one of each, but I was on a mission for different stuff.

OscarV
12-15-2008, 15:29
Glad to know I wasn't mistaken -- that keeps my perfect streak alive!:rolleyes:

:grin::grin:

There are a lot of these floating around the NH liquor store system...if I was a rich man, I would have picked up one of each, but I was on a mission for different stuff.

But have you actually seen any of the bottles.
I just looked up George T Stagg and they had the Spring 2005 bottle listed, but none available.
Maybe they have not updated their info since '05 and don't carry the stuff at all anymore,.... but you did see them, right?

ThomasH
12-15-2008, 15:40
I just looked on the NH liquor website and there are 18 bottles of WLW statewide!

Thomas

OscarV
12-15-2008, 15:42
I just looked on the NH liquor website and there are 18 bottles of WLW statewide!

Thomas

Hey Thomas, you up for a NH-Roadtrip?:grin:

funknik
12-15-2008, 15:48
But have you actually seen any of the bottles.
I just looked up George T Stagg and they had the Spring 2005 bottle listed, but none available.
Maybe they have not updated their info since '05 and don't carry the stuff at all anymore,.... but you did see them, right?

Absolutely -- they were in this wooden crate display and my wife said, "cute are you going to get one of these?"
I should've said "yes" but instead I held out for Julio's.
Once again I was on a mission.....if you make a NH roadtrip save some for us New Englanders....:grin:

funknik
12-15-2008, 17:16
Hey Thomas, you up for a NH-Roadtrip?:grin:
Oscar, you're giving me the itch, man....I may need to drive back down there and buy the lot of these....

barturtle
12-15-2008, 17:24
I thought I would start a thread in answer to "What did you purchase?"....so here it is, what did you see and want, but not buy today?

People really pass up bourbon that they want? Seems to me that you didn't really want it all that much...:falling:

polyamnesia
12-15-2008, 17:28
when i got the Sazerac 6, i saw the on-sale Ridgemonet Reserve...which i've had once and it was really super...$23.99.....$4 off...but i thought, man, i would rather get the Handy Saz...which i will NOT pass up on tomorrow!

Vange
12-16-2008, 13:02
Passed up WR Sweet Mash, dont think I regretted it............yet

chilidawg7
12-16-2008, 18:48
Saw a bottle of (ri)^1 on the shelf but passed it up. I'd like to try it, but wasn't ready to pony up the $49.99 they were asking for it.

http://press.ri1whiskey.com/images/uploads/35b527876968cd213013f286b1498755.jpg

funknik
12-16-2008, 19:08
Saw a bottle of (ri)^1 on the shelf but passed it up. I'd like to try it, but wasn't ready to pony up the $49.99 they were asking for it.

I passed this same one up at Julio's this weekend -- don't know anything about it.

callmeox
12-16-2008, 20:07
My local store has sold 9 bottles of the ri1 from the 12 that they took delivery on. :skep:

bvscfanatic
12-16-2008, 20:21
I don't HAVE to pass up ANYTHING. I answer only to myself, and I probably can afford at least one bottle of anything from the local potables purveyor that isn't kept behind the counter in a locked display case.

But I often pass up bourbons that I suspect are overpriced and/or over-hyped.

On the other hand, I HAVE learned (the hard way) not to be TOO much of a tightwad. No bourbon is a bargain if you have to hold your nose to swallow it.

But as long as I can find enough mid-shelf boubons that are perfectly enjoyable to sip neat, I'll probably pass up most of the top shelf stuff.

luv2hunt
12-16-2008, 21:50
On the other hand, I HAVE learned (the hard way) not to be TOO much of a tightwad. No bourbon is a bargain if you have to hold your nose to swallow it.

LMAO! I have no idea who you are, but your remark is exactly why you stay away from the "bottom" shelf. :slappin:

Dawn

Skunk
12-17-2008, 06:49
LMAO! I have no idea who you are, but your remark is exactly why you stay away from the "bottom" shelf. :slappin:

Dawn

I suppose a thank you is in order, because I found three liters of Eagle Rare 101 from Frankfort on the bottom shelf of a well known liquor store on Main in Greenwood, for what I consider giveaway prices. It certainly doesn't drink like bottom shelf whiskey though :-)

Never neglect the bottom shelf!

bvscfanatic
12-17-2008, 07:22
I suppose a thank you is in order, because I found three liters of Eagle Rare 101 from Frankfort on the bottom shelf of a well known liquor store on Main in Greenwood, for what I consider giveaway prices. It certainly doesn't drink like bottom shelf whiskey though :-)

Never neglect, but always scrutinize!!!

funknik
12-17-2008, 22:53

you never know what you my find or where you may find it....:deadhorse:

Old Lamplighter
12-17-2008, 23:05
Passed on a first year (06) T H Handy. I'm a bit more choosy when it comes to ryes. Tried a number of them but VWFRR is the only one I've gone back for more of. At $64, it is hard to go out on a limb for the Handy although there is an abundance of upbeat reactions to it found here.

luv2hunt
12-18-2008, 08:31

That one's not usually on the bottom shelf, so yeah, I'll admit you gotta know what you're looking at. Indy's bottom shelves hold quite a bit of that "walkers deluxe". Go ahead.....give that one a try!

Willie's bottle of Old Whiskey River is in the middle shelf....that one's yummy too.

Love ya,

Dawn

OscarV
12-18-2008, 13:17
There is a store in Ypsilanti that has a bottle of the '08 GTStagg, it really seems to out of place because of what part of town it's in.
I have now passed it up for three consecutive Thursdays.

polyamnesia
12-18-2008, 14:40
well, looks like NOW that the whole BTAC collection can be found in my county and the neighboring one of Chester, i will have to pass up on ANY of them...

i wanted to get one of each...or at least the HANDY...but.................

the crucial, outdated circuit board for our heater melted down and had to be replaced...at least it was done within the day...but an HVAC tech recognized the problem....was lucky to find a neo-replacement...but another technician had to come out at 8pm....was there until 11pm....

total cost: $700+ .... :hot: ... talk about bad timing! :(

i guess i can go get that Benchmark at $9.99 now...:cry:

barturtle
12-18-2008, 15:01
total cost: $700+ .... :hot: ... talk about bad timing! :(

i guess i can go get that Benchmark at $9.99 now...:cry:

Ah, but you get to amortize that over the next 20 years so it's only $2.92 a month...so you only have to give up a stick of gum every day for the next 20 years to cover that expense...:grin:

polyamnesia
12-18-2008, 15:25
Ah, but you get to amortize that over the next 20 years so it's only $2.92 a month...so you only have to give up a stick of gum every day for the next 20 years to cover that expense...:grin:

yeah, i am thinking what little things i can cut out...in the long run...and just go GIT that bottle of....

well, in the spirit of what is to be passed up (instead of what-should-i-GIT!), i'll ask this: which 4 BTACs should i pass on?

i hope no one says the Handy....:rolleyes:

OscarV
12-18-2008, 16:20
yeah, i am thinking what little things i can cut out...in the long run...and just go GIT that bottle of....

well, in the spirit of what is to be passed up (instead of what-should-i-GIT!), i'll ask this: which 4 BTACs should i pass on?

i hope no one says the Handy....:rolleyes:

OH Hell No Not The Handy!!!!!

I am not a rye guy,....but this year's Handy is the bottle of the year!
Or even the year and a half!!!!

polyamnesia
12-18-2008, 17:04
OH Hell No Not The Handy!!!!!

thanks...that made up my mind...there are only two in a nearby county...i hope one is there by 6pm tomorrow.....!

seems there is plenty of Stagg for the moment to 'pass up' for the week...but then again, holiday shoppers are out and about!

chilidawg7
12-31-2008, 14:52
Ran across my first bottle of Black Maple Hill today. If memory serves me, the age statement was 11 years old. The price was a little steep ($49.99) for my liking, so I passed.

Special Reserve
12-31-2008, 15:54
One of those expensive speciality bottlings from Woodford Reserve.

fishnbowljoe
12-31-2008, 16:50
Two liquor stores.:grin: I did visit a couple stores today, but I'm holding off getting anything for a couple of weeks. Joe

jburlowski
01-02-2009, 11:59

Hmmm... I'm not a rye guy either. But I bought a 2008 Handy to hold as a birthday present for a friend.

Perhaps he would enjoy something else instead... (e.g., a slightly-used JB Distillers Series).

funknik
01-05-2009, 18:44
At the NH Liquor store the other day I had to pass up EC18 for $25.99, EWSB98 for $23.99 & Jefferson's for $24.99.

Josh
01-06-2009, 07:44
When I was in Chi-town last week I passed up a bottle of Binny's hand select baby Saz, b/c I was afraid it would put us over the limit on our luggage. It still haunts me like the ghost of New Year's Eve past.

jimibourbonhammered
01-06-2009, 08:27
Not recently, but I keep passing up on a bottle of Noah's Mill. I'm really curious to pick one up, but for some reason this seems like it may be a GTS or Booker's clone. Any thoughts on it?

polyamnesia
01-06-2009, 18:50
everything.

until next week or so...heater breakdown, new cat getting spayed....we're running the bills high! glad i got a bottle to seep/sip me through to the weekend....might have to turn to Benchmark...

if only i could learn to bunker....

funknik
01-08-2009, 13:43
Passed up on EWSB 1.16.97 and also Ancient Age 1.75...don't think this one is available in ME anymore, must have been sitting around a while. Anyway, I was intrigued but didn't wanna drop $20 on a plastic bottled handle of 80 proof whiskey I probably wouldn't dig too much.

spun_cookie
01-08-2009, 14:52
Look for teh old Glass handles of teh 86 proof AA. I got lucky on two finds in CA after Chrsitmas and they are tasty. I was very surprised....

... and good rule of thumb, if the bourbon is in plastic, leave it.

mozilla
01-08-2009, 15:11
Just because a dusty is in plastic doesn't mean it's worthless or bad. I have had plenty of dusty handles that were outstanding...Yellowstone being one of them.

Sure, I know that older plastic is not as durrable as the new stuff, but it won't stop me from purchasing a wanted label.

spun_cookie
01-08-2009, 15:24
I will give you that... but you really need to look at that plastic... If it had been in teh sunlight for a long time, the browns not the bourbon baby... and not going to taste good... if it has been in a dark area for a long, long time and it was 25 yrs old... maybe... if it was chep I would get it

ACDetroit
01-08-2009, 17:18
I'm not even sure I can count this as passing! The price was silly and I laughed more so than passed!

1969 WT 8 yr old in the wooden crate / Baccarat decanter

This beautiful piece of work can be yours...not mine for a meager $975 + tax :hot:

I can not do it! If you want it PM me!

Special Reserve
01-08-2009, 17:34
Tony,

I've passed one of those up at $600 plus tax.

It's nice to know that you have limits.:lol:

Will

funknik
02-02-2009, 13:07
On Friday, in the midst of my dusty hunting, I passed up a chance to buy some WTKS. I didn't inspect them too closely as I was soon blinded by the light of 5 BHC bottles, so I purchased those instead, but they were wooden tops -- probably not too old (all of the Rare Breed's were WT03RB). Interestingly, my usual liquor store (the largest in the state) has been out of the WTKS for as long as I can remember -- at least a few months since I've seen a bottle on the shelf there. I wonder why that is.....
Anyway, the grocery store where I DID see the WTKS was located on Garden Street and I was laughing before I got there that I would have named it Garden Variety, but it was anything but. If I get a hankerin' for some WTKS before my usual place restocks, I'll have to revisit.

kickert
02-02-2009, 15:08
I was soon blinded by the light of 5 BHC bottles, so I purchased those instead

Dang Andy, you are going crazy with the BHC stuff. Which were these?

ILLfarmboy
02-02-2009, 15:08
I didn't "have" to pass it up, but I did.

I came across a couple OF Repeal sets for twenty bucks apiece. If I were an Old Forester fan I would have bought one, but I'm not. I almost bought it just for the glass and to see if the whiskey in the bottle was enough different from OF 100 to make the purchase worth it. But in the end I left it on the shelf. Twenty dollars for a 375 of something I doubt I'd like very much and one glass was just too much.

Buffalo Bill
02-03-2009, 18:43

I'm having a hard time too... perhaps I'm judgmental to the marketing scheme? Ain't historical!!!

BB

Blitz
02-03-2009, 19:27
My local superstore, Binny's, has 1.75 Makers Mark on sale for $34.00. Great price, but there are so many others I want to try before I have MM again.

polyamnesia
02-03-2009, 20:20
i had to pass up on the ON SALE AGAIN (!) WT RYE....because, well, the last STAGG in PA i special ordered (thus hijacked from across the state from a Steelers' fan!) came in....

not a bad thing today but i will have to return NEXT paycheck for that WT Rye at $17.99....baby saz is quite nice, but this blows it away.

funknik
02-03-2009, 20:40
Dang Andy, you are going crazy with the BHC stuff. Which were these?
3 OCPR slope shoulders & 2 VSOFs. I also do not like the looks of the (ri)1, however you type it, Jim Beam $45 rye. Eff that, I say....looks like designer vodka in that crap bottle and it's only $3 less than Handy...no matter how good it may be, it's not gonna be better than the Handy. Plus, I haven't read a positive review of it yet. It just came to ME last week and I will continue to pass it up.

The Boozer
02-04-2009, 18:08
My local superstore, Binny's, has 1.75 Makers Mark on sale for $34.00. Great price, but there are so many others I want to try before I have MM again.

You guys in Chicago are sooo lucky, MM for $34. In MI, the State minimum is $52.99 for 1.75. I also saw Knob Creek for like $42 /1.75 @ Binny's or Sam's online. In my crappy state its $64.95 for 1.75.:smiley_acbt:
TJ

wskybnt
02-04-2009, 19:10
Had to pass up on alot today. Went in a local store, had to pass on Lot B, Pappy 23 ($249 yea, right), but mostly was 2 big 1.75's of OC Classic 90 black labels that i wanted.....

I did get a bottle of ETL, that I havent had in a while...

Josh
02-06-2009, 08:46
Yesterday went on a hunt and the the only prey I saw was a black-labelled WT 80 which I passed up. Oh, that and some heffalumps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heffalump).

funknik
02-06-2009, 09:34
Passed up an EWSB 1997 Vintage bottled June 2007...I know where there are two more bottled in January 2007....haven't sprung for them yet....I'm not really looking to start a collection of these and I haven't heard if any years are better than others. Also, even though they are all 1998s, EWSB is $5-7 cheaper in NH.

gblick
02-06-2009, 11:54
I found myself in a store today thinking seriously about springing for a bottle of Thomas Handy '08, but I chickened out because I didn't want to spend that much on something I've never tasted. So instead I splurged on something I know I like, the WLW'08.

ggilbertva
02-06-2009, 12:37
Gus,

If you like a Rye whiskey, the Handy is fantastic. I've loved the Handy since they introduced it in '06.

ILLfarmboy
02-06-2009, 17:17
I second that.

Plus, if you like Sazerac Rye, its a given you'll like Handy.

gblick
02-07-2009, 13:42
Thanks, maybe I'll give the Handy a try before it sells out.

funknik
02-07-2009, 13:45
Thanks, maybe I'll give the Handy a try before it sells out.
Gus, do not miss out on the Handy! Today I passed up Buffalo Trace (which I can't get in my neck) and the Sazerac 18 in favor of two Handys.

fishnbowljoe
02-08-2009, 20:07
I passed up 3-Weller Centennials, 1-WTKS Pewter Top, and 5-VSOF BHC. Joe

spun_cookie
02-08-2009, 20:11
I passed up 3-Weller Centennials, 1-WTKS Pewter Top, and 5-VSOF BHC. Joe

Are you trying to hurn me :slappin:

Attila
02-11-2009, 06:55
I keep passing up on a bottle of Noah's Mill. I'm really curious to pick one up, but for some reason this seems like it may be a GTS or Booker's clone. Any thoughts on it?

Well, I had a glass neat last night. It was very nice, the initial flavors were dominated by maple and the finish was very pleasantly and assertivley tobacco. KBD does a very fine job with this.

I dont know how this could be a clone of either GTS or Bookers.

Squash
02-11-2009, 09:32
I have tried the Noah's Mill as well as GTS and Booker's. They are not clones, although the high proof does lend them to some similarity in overall feel. I would say that Noah's Mill is somewhere between the GTS and Booker's in taste profile...if you like either of these, the Noah's Mill is well worth it...it is priced slightly below Booker's where I live.

sotnsipper
02-22-2009, 10:21
I was in a store last night and happened to glance at the sop shelf. I happened across 5 bottles that I have been searching for for a while, and I know some of you have also. On the shelf set these 5 bottles, in this order(from left to right).

1. I.W. Harper 15yr old
2. Weller Centennial
3. Old Charter Proprietor's Reserve 13 year old
4. George Dickel Special Barrel Reserve
5. Very Special Old Fitzgerald

I almost climbed the shelf to get to them. I was hoping they were being sold by the bottle. No such luck. $400 for all of them. Since that was a little (a lot) out of my price range, I ran to the truck crying.......

ggilbertva
02-22-2009, 10:27
So I assume they all had the BHC logo on the necks?

callmeox
02-22-2009, 10:30
At 80 bucks each, they will sit there for a long time too. :skep:

sotnsipper
02-22-2009, 10:37
So I assume they all had the BHC logo on the necks?

I believe they did (I did not really climb he shelf :lol:). They were in a wooden display tray. Had a metal label under each bottle on the wood with the name. I did not pay much attention to the labeling on the neck, I just know you do not see these bottles anywhere around here and I got excited.

At 80 bucks each, they will sit there for a long time too. :skep:

I tried to talk the guy out of any of the bottles individually and he would not budge. Would not come off the price either......oh well.

ggilbertva
02-22-2009, 10:55
Is this (http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2369&d=1141256577)what it looked like? If so, too bad it's so pricey. Those are nice finds. That Weller Cent is good SW whiskey.

sotnsipper
02-22-2009, 10:59
Is this (http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2369&d=1141256577)what it looked like? If so, too bad it's so pricey. Those are nice finds. That Weller Cent is good SW whiskey.

Yes, it is exactly what I saw. I am assuming this pic is taken in your house right? I did not leave without a fight over the price for this set. He said the only one people ever ask for is the GD. I told him I would take the rest off his hands and I would leave the GD.....still no:hot:.

ggilbertva
02-22-2009, 11:08
The picture is from a post here on SB. Well, I hope the guy likes looking at the bottles day in and day out as they may sit there a very long time. Even if you offered him $300, that still more than nothing.

Maybe give it a couple of months and go back and ask again. You may wear him down.

sotnsipper
02-22-2009, 11:27
The picture is from a post here on SB. Well, I hope the guy likes looking at the bottles day in and day out as they may sit there a very long time. Even if you offered him $300, that still more than nothing.

Maybe give it a couple of months and go back and ask again. You may wear him down.

Yeah, I am hoping they sit till they have to get rid of them. I would think a "reasonable" price would be in the $200 range. Still, that is $40 a bottle. I do not know what these bottles sell for except the VSOF (~$38). I am assuming that is about the going price for the rest of them.

Buffalo Bill
02-24-2009, 07:56
Beam Black at $19.99*I really like the Distiller's Series though... just can't get it around here. BB

p_elliott
03-01-2009, 00:24
I had an Ezra Brooks 12 yr SB in my hand today to buy and at the last min put it back. After reading tasting notes on it on another site tonight I wish now I had gotten it. Well next time I'm in MO I'll get it.

JamesW
03-01-2009, 19:09
Stagg '08 and ER17 '08. Over $60 each is too pricey in my books. They are decent pours but not worth the hefty tag me thinks...

funknik
03-13-2009, 09:56
I left a cherry wood topped WTKS from Feb '07 in lieu of some BHC VSOF. I don't think I'll miss the Wild Turkey.

fishnbowljoe
03-14-2009, 07:54
Delivered a special bottle of bourbon to the manager at Everett's Thursday night. Was he ever a happy man. (Thanks Oscar, and Tony too) I'm still waiting on their single barrel bottling of Weller SR. I almost bit the bullet and bought a bottle of Pappy 20. Was $139.00, on sale for $109.00. Decided to pass and wait on the Weller SR. First time I've ever left a liquor store with more money in my pocket than what I came in with. I got home and the wife asked me what I bought. Told her nothing and had more money than I started with. She said "Who are you and where's my husband?" :slappin: Gotta love it. Joe

funknik
03-24-2009, 08:28
I passed up a Dickel Barrel Select for $39.99 at a store in Massachussetts. I really like Dickel, but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on this one -- it's a lower proof than the Dickel No.12 and it costs three times as much. The only reason I even thought about it is because I never see them anywhere -- maybe someday if I get desperate for somehting new to try, but I kind of doubt it.

squire
03-27-2009, 10:59
The new Beam rye, r1, is on the local shelf at $62.99, which is a $20 whiskey in a $40 bottle. I shall continue to pass.

funknik
03-27-2009, 13:36
I didn't have to, but I passed on a WTRR90. I went to my local specifically looking for it, had it in my hand and didn't pull the trigger. I'm slipping.

squire
03-27-2009, 13:59
The other day I passed on the Parker Heritage collection. It is priced at $65 which may be a good price.

funknik
04-04-2009, 21:44
Passed up a few things today: a couple different '07 WTKS, 1997 EWSB, VA Gentleman 80, WT Rye 101 and especially Old Fitz 1849 which I really wanted to try. BUT . . . Weller Antique was only a dollar more and too hard to resist. Amazingly, the WTRRR90 & WTRye 101 were both selling for the same price . . . it's the only time I've seen the 101 in New England.

funknik
04-05-2009, 07:20
Oh, yeah, I also passed up Saz 18 @ $59, Lot 'B' Autumn '08 for $48 and Kappy's Single Barrel ERSB . . . wanted the Lot 'B' but I have a hard time spending $50 on it when I can get PVW for $50 and Lot 'B' for $40 in NH in the fall. Just have to wait.

squire
04-06-2009, 17:19
Still passing on Parkers.

smokinjoe
04-06-2009, 17:29
Still passing on Parkers.

Still passing on that, eh? Is it the latest 27yr release, or last years Barrel Proof? For $65, I'd get either one of them. The barrel proof is outstanding, and well worth the $65, IMO. And, that is the lowest price I think I've heard for it. If it's the 27yr, hurry and grab it, because that retailer has it priced about $120 too low! :D

squire
04-06-2009, 17:37
Don't know the proof, will check.

funknik
04-23-2009, 11:45
I have been periodically watching the NH Liquor site to monitor the 4 remaining PVW 20s . . . it seems they all sold on Sunday . . . maybe to the same person? They had been sitting since before Christmas and I had almost gotten up the courage (with me recent raise) to buy one. I was sort of relieved and simultaneously disappointed to see they'd gone. That's $100 I won't get a chance to spent until November or so.

boone
04-23-2009, 11:54
I stopped in at a old liquor store yesterday...Whewwwwwwwwwww the cigarette smoke was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Old geezers at the bar gaukin' that ole gauk :bigeyes: Only had a couple of shelves with the standard alkie lineup. Then, I look up and there's this table (dirty) with two Maker's Mark (2005) silver bottles. I think it's Affirmed? They are dirty, one looked as if they tried to clean it too much and marked the paint just a bit. They had a price tag of $47.00 each. I passed, not a serious MM collector.

OscarV
04-23-2009, 13:13
The other day I passed on the Parker Heritage collection. It is priced at $65 which may be a good price.

Seriously, is that the 2008 Parker's at 96 proof?
If it is then they have it marked wrong.
It goes for $180.00 to $200.00.
I'd get it.

fishnbowljoe
04-23-2009, 14:04
27 bottles of Rittenhouse Rye 23 year old. Joe

Joshua
04-23-2009, 14:21
The drink of the month, OF Birthday Bourbon. Maybe next week I'll go snag it if I hear it's worthwhile.

smokinjoe
04-23-2009, 15:34
27 bottles of Rittenhouse Rye 23 year old. Joe

:D

Come on, Joe! You can get a Bunker Improvement Loan to cover it. It's an investment!

fishnbowljoe
04-24-2009, 06:25
Okay Joe, I'll fess up. I passed on 27, but bought 4. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: Just have to figure out how to get them home in one piece. I've packed one or two in my luggage before, but not 4. If I wasn't flying home, I was seriously thinking about buying more/all. Joe

p_elliott
04-24-2009, 08:25
I have been periodically watching the NH Liquor site to monitor the 4 remaining PVW 20s . . . it seems they all sold on Sunday . . . maybe to the same person? They had been sitting since before Christmas and I had almost gotten up the courage (with me recent raise) to buy one. I was sort of relieved and simultaneously disappointed to see they'd gone. That's $100 I won't get a chance to spent until November or so.

Andy

Having just acquired a bottle of this and having my first pour last Saturday night you should have pulled the trigger on this one. It's undescribable and the smoooooothest bourbon you'll ever have. I'm glad I bought mine. But the spring release just came out.
Paul

Vange
04-24-2009, 08:28
The PVW 20 is my favorite bourbon to date and I bunkered some based on a thread Chuck had initiated awhile ago (I cant recall it right now). It is still SW whisky, but I am sure even after the SW whisky runs out PVW will remain in the marketplace, but will it still be as good?? This thought made me jump the gun and order a case of 12 bottles.

p_elliott
04-24-2009, 08:30
Okay Joe, I'll fess up. I passed on 27, but bought 4. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: Just have to figure out how to get them home in one piece. I've packed one or two in my luggage before, but not 4. If I wasn't flying home, I was seriously thinking about buying more/all. Joe

Buy them and mail them to yourself

funknik
04-24-2009, 08:44
Andy

Having just acquired a bottle of this and having my first pour last Saturday night you should have pulled the trigger on this one. It's undescribable and the smoooooothest bourbon you'll ever have. I'm glad I bought mine. But the spring release just came out.
Yeah, I probably should have, but I'll have another chance . . . they don't stock this is NH regularly, just at the holidays, so I'll have to wait -- Spring release is not an option. I have had the PVW20 before and thought it was really good, but not really worth the price at that time in my bourbon journey -- at this point, all logic has gone out the window with regards to price. Still, with 7 bottles of 12yr SW juice in the bunker, I'm reticent to jump on a $100 bottle. This is all rhetoric of course, since I'll probably end up buying one soon enough. :grin:

p_elliott
04-24-2009, 09:01
The PVW 20 is my favorite bourbon to date and I bunkered some based on a thread Chuck had initiated awhile ago (I cant recall it right now). It is still SW whisky, but I am sure even after the SW whisky runs out PVW will remain in the marketplace, but will it still be as good?? This thought made me jump the gun and order a case of 12 bottles.

That's some serious jack!

Vange
04-24-2009, 09:16
Shhh, dont tell my wife! I think they were $75 a pop.
It was frivolous, I must admit.

funknik
04-24-2009, 09:17
Your secret is safe with me . . . that's a great price, though!

Vange
04-24-2009, 09:22
It was about a year ago now when I made that purchase. I guess since then its jumped $20 a bottle.

On a side note, I got my 18 bottles of Hirsch 16 gold foil for all under 50 a pop, but that was 3 or so years ago.

Those are the only 2 bourbons I have heavily bunkered and itll probably stay that way.

p_elliott
04-24-2009, 09:35

That's still a lot of jack but they have jumped $25 a bottle in the long run it was a good buy. I just loved my PVWFR 20 It's great stuff it took a lot of will power not to drink it all in one night.

Vange
04-24-2009, 09:39
That's still a lot of jack

I agree it was a LOT to spend at once, but it is my favorite bourbon to date and I want to be able to enjoy it "forever".

DeanSheen
04-27-2009, 08:28
On the way back from the sampler I passed on a VWFRR @ $55 before tax. Guess it was better than the $72 bottle I saw in Bardstown but I just wasnt up for spending $59 for it after tax.

It was kindof hard to walk away.

p_elliott
04-27-2009, 08:41
On the way back from the sampler I passed on a VWFRR @ $55 before tax. Guess it was better than the $72 bottle I saw in Bardstown but I just wasnt up for spending $59 for it after tax.

It was kindof hard to walk away.

You should have bought it it's going every where else at $100 bottle. That was half off I would have bought 2.

DeanSheen
04-27-2009, 09:04
There was only 1 left.

$100 is just silly.

I had spent a ton in the last two weeks on bottles for the bunker so the premium prices have been wearing on me. I got a OGD 114 & VOB BIB instead for $36 out the door.

Hell I could have gotten 2 OGD 114 & 1 VOB BIB for the same price as 1 VWFRR from that store.

MikeDS
04-27-2009, 13:55
I passed up Four Roses small batch today for $24.99 (which I highly prefer to the single barrel) for the Old Forester "Repeal" gift set. I can live with that...this time.

OscarV
04-27-2009, 14:27
Like every other Monday when I deliver their non-alcohol O'Doul's to them, I passed on a lot of lovely ladies.
The establishment is Deja Vu, in MI you can't serve alcohol at a place that features totally nude dancing.

MikeDS
04-27-2009, 15:11
Whoops I meant $26.99. Silly me.

ggilbertva
04-27-2009, 17:42
You should have bought it it's going every where else at $100 bottle. That was half off I would have bought 2.

$100 a bottle for VWFRR? Holy smokes! I found three bottles in MD about a week ago for $49.50 each. Yes, I bought them.

B3Nut
04-27-2009, 17:43
Didn't buy today but am thinking of grabbing it next week...EWSB 1999, hand selected barrel by Steve's Wine, Beer, and Liquor in Madison. The tasting notes spoke of citrus and caramel. On sale for $21.99...it's tempting. I didn't pass on the Peychaud's bitters, though...been looking for a bottle. :)

p_elliott
04-28-2009, 09:31
$100 a bottle for VWFRR? Holy smokes! I found three bottles in MD about a week ago for $49.50 each. Yes, I bought them.

My Bad I thought he said PVWFR 20 excuse me. I need to read closer.

Virus_Of_Life
05-05-2009, 15:50
While in NorCal for a wedding and in search of OF Birthday Bourbon I came across some WTRR 101. It was very reasonably priced at $25.99, but I just don't like it. If anyone in the Sacramento area (or anywhere else in NorCal desparate enough for the drive) is interested PM me and I'll tell the location. There was at least 6 bottles.

Alas I never did find any OFBB, so It looks like I am ordering some from Binny's. That's bad, orders from Binny's are never small nor cheap!

Virus_Of_Life
05-05-2009, 16:07
Oh, also passed up a couple bottles of Four Roses Mariage at $89.99 completely uninterested! Was very disappointed to see the Small Batch was up to $39.99 a bottle!! I am sorry FR, but at that price I'm much a less of a fan.

Special Reserve
05-05-2009, 16:18
Over the past three weeks or so, I passed on a couple of EWSB 92, EWSB 94, and an old BT Benchmark.

First was the 94 I just wasn't interested at the time, the Benchmark had a fair amount of evaporation, and the 92 was about 15% above state minimum so I passed.

Did I make any mistakes?

Thanks.

Will

DeanSheen
05-05-2009, 17:21
I bought a case in Bardstown and it worked out to $23/ea for buying 6.

Now I realize thats a good deal. 40 bucks though is just a bit too steep.

Oh, also passed up a couple bottles of Four Roses Mariage at $89.99 completely uninterested! Was very disappointed to see the Small Batch was up to $39.99 a bottle!! I am sorry FR, but at that price I'm much a less of a fan.

independant
05-07-2009, 00:52
I have a bottle of OFBB I have been watching for a while at my local store. I already have an open one and one in my bunker so every time I go I pick up something new instead and leave that one for next week. Its hard to pull the trigger on something you already have when there are so many you don't.

tommyboy38
05-07-2009, 10:06
I passed up on some 2007 release VWFRR. I picked up a few bottles and when I returned a few days later, there were six more in it's place. It was $40 but I'm not sure how many to bunker at this point.

DeanSheen
05-07-2009, 10:18
^ $40 ea. Man, I'd be in heaven.

independant
05-07-2009, 17:02
An update on my last post on here. I went into the ABC store today and they now have three bottles of OFBB on the shelf. If anyone is interested in these let me know I think I may pick up another one tomorrow.

ILLfarmboy
05-07-2009, 19:40
I passed on another bottle of Weller 12 ( I had picked up some a while back) After picking up a couple bottles of EL Tesoro Platinum and fixin's for Margaritas, another 26 bucks seemed a little too much to add to the grocery bill.

Special Reserve
05-11-2009, 17:02
Yesterday while trolling for bourbon, I passed on a RHF with the cheesy plastic medallion, a Hancock Reserve in a round "wooden" holder that closed, and a Distillers Masterpiece for $250.00. I just didn't want to spend that kind of money for the Masterpiece, I have one RHF with a cheese plastic medallion and Hancock Reserve is not really worth $55, even though the wooden case was rather nice.

Will

independant
06-15-2009, 23:05
I passed up a 1.75 of ER10/90 that came with its own cradle over the weekend. I was with my wife looking at it and she kept saying where would you put it. I didn't see where I was going to put it had to do with me buying it. :)
Oh well she won and I left it there. Lesson one don't go shopping with the wife.

Eth3rStrik3r
06-22-2009, 10:36
Went to Binnys the other day, and noticed they had a good amount of WLW on the shelves. Didn't check the price or dates on them, but I really should have paid more attention to em.

OscarV
06-22-2009, 14:34
Went to Binnys the other day, and noticed they had a good amount of WLW on the shelves. Didn't check the price or dates on them, but I really should have paid more attention to em.

Not jumping in to your business, but you just glanced over some WLW's?

OK, keep working on it, we here at SB.com will get you straighten out!:grin:

Joshua
06-22-2009, 14:48
$80 for Ritt 23, $70 for Ritt 21. A bunch in the Minneapolis area if anyone is interested, I'll point you in the right direction

OscarV
06-22-2009, 14:50
$80 for Ritt 23, $70 for Ritt 21. A bunch in the Minneapolis area if anyone is interested, I'll point you in the right direction

I'll pass but those are super prices!
Around here they were like $150.00 and $180.00.

Eth3rStrik3r
06-22-2009, 15:34
Not jumping in to your business, but you just glanced over some WLW's?

OK, keep working on it, we here at SB.com will get you straighten out!:grin:

Ha, the thing is, knowing the going price, I would rather get a couple bottles of bourbon that I haven't tried yet, then get only 1 that I haven't tried yet. Next time I head to Binny's, ill probably pick one up though.

tommyboy38
06-22-2009, 21:15
You better ....or ELSE!!!!

Khari
06-22-2009, 22:19
I passed up both PVW 20 and 23. I regret it now and am considering driving the hundred or so miles to get them.

independant
06-23-2009, 00:43
I passed up both PVW 20 and 23. I regret it now and am considering driving the hundred or so miles to get them.

What were they priced at?

Khari
06-24-2009, 11:22
What were they priced at?

The 20 was $99 and the 23 was $179.

callmeox
06-24-2009, 21:41
I passed on a 1.75 of EC 12 at the glorious sale price of 31 bucks.

jburlowski
06-25-2009, 18:29
The 20 was $99 and the 23 was $179.

Rest assured, you made the right decision.

TNbourbon
06-25-2009, 21:18
Well, I didn't HAVE to pass them up (what am I saying -- sure I did, I didn't have that kind of money?!:bigeyes:) but I left on a shelf last week some $199 Parker's 27yo (is that the correct age?), several '08 William Larue Wellers, a line to the back of the shelf of the most recent Four Roses Mariage, Pogue, some '08 Sazerac 18yo, Pappy 15, Highland Park 18 and 25 yos SMSWs, and even a few Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 10/101s (ya know -- I might just have to go back for those).
Don't bother PM'ing me -- I won't go back for them unless I really want them. I just don't seem to care who (other than me, I mean) winds up with stuff. Stuff happens, ya know?..
(By the way, I was looking for reasonably-priced A.H. Hirsch 16yo, which I'd seen before in these stores, but not anymore...)

independant
06-25-2009, 22:19
Don't bother PM'ing me -- I won't go back for them unless I really want them.

Aww please go back for me. :) was all this in one store it sounds like a gold mine

funknik
06-29-2009, 08:00
As a side note, I was told that NY prices were really high and that I would have a hard time there, but I have to VEHEMENTLY disagree! Mass & CT prices are much more inflated and ridiculous, which is why I had such a hard time shopping in NY.

I left a lot of things I wanted and picked up a bunch of cheapo stuff that I can't find up my way instead -- I left: Johhny Drum 86, Weller 12 (in a handle -- my cousin just brought me 2 750s up from Boston and one of the 750s cost the same as a handle in NY -- grrrr!), of the KBD small batch I picked Noah's Mill over Vintage, Rye & Rowan's Creek, I left Corner Creek, 4R Yellow label (which I can get in MA), Old Fitz Prime (opted for an 1849), a dark top, embossed turkey WTKS (for $50 in CT, forget it!), and most painfully a WT American Spirit - - I have been wanting one very badly, but just couldn't pull the trigger at $90 - - maybe next time...this store is right near my family's house in NY so I'll know where to find it . . . I'll probably be dreaming about that American Spirit, hopefully the BTAC & Noah's Mill I scored will help me forget.

tommyboy38
06-29-2009, 23:16
I passed up the opportunity to go shopping for whiskey. I had to sit around and wait for the Satellite TV repair guy for hours.

Josh
07-09-2009, 11:47
Keep forgetting to post this, while on the big wine trip to the Finger Lakes, I passed up a few things, the most notable of which was an almost complete (-1 pawn) Old Crow Chess Set at an antique shop. They were asking $400 for it. Some of them were unopened and many of them still had whiskey in them.

The owners claimed they would dump them before selling them but they were most likely teasing me. They also had a lot of Ezra Brooks memorabilia which I also passed up.

barturtle
07-09-2009, 19:49
Some Hirsch 16 foil, $230:lol:

BTAC 2008, minus Stagg $62 each:yum:

Stones
07-10-2009, 00:33
Stagg 08 - $400 - Drinx Morningside shop (Brisbane)... :slappin:

gblick
07-10-2009, 07:26
Yesterday I passed on an old half-bottle (didn't check to see if units were in Englich or metric) with a faux tax strip of Four Roses, not the bourbon but the blended whiskey.

Russellc
07-17-2009, 12:51
This hurts.....Whils going through Southern Illinois, passed on four bottles of Lot B....44 bucks a piece....What the hell was I thinking? Crap, they even had some Eagle Rare 17 year old, 59.00. What was I thinking?

Russellc

smokinjoe
07-17-2009, 13:58
This hurts.....Whils going through Southern Illinois, passed on four bottles of Lot B....44 bucks a piece....What the hell was I thinking? Crap, they even had some Eagle Rare 17 year old, 59.00. What was I thinking?

Russellc

I'm usually with my wife, when I swallow my brain like that in a liquor store. So, I suspect Mrs C. was with you. :D

tommyboy38
07-17-2009, 18:13
I don't think I passed up much. I came home with 23 bottles of whiskey.
My wife is getting a bit worried. I told her it wasn't all for me.

hectic1
07-17-2009, 18:43
I don't think I passed up much. I came home with 23 bottles of whiskey.
My wife is getting a bit worried. I told her it wasn't all for me. Did you get a head start on Binny's 15% off weekend? I was at my local Binny's today stalking my prey for this weekends sale! I saw a bottle of Pappy 15 and a lot b or two that had my name on them! :)

docbible
08-31-2009, 09:47
In Franklin TN this weekend I left Pappy 20, weller SR in the new bottle (looks like BT is using the same weller 12 bottle), WLW 08,and Handy 08. Could not find any jefferson presidential. tim

ErichPryde
09-01-2009, 11:54
In Franklin TN this weekend I left Pappy 20

I passed up a bottle of pappy 20 today as well. it was priced at 79.99+tax in a small "mom and pop" joint. the lady said it had been there for several years... judging by the dust, I'd have to agree.

I'm thinking about going back for it, but 80 bucks is a lot to spend on a bottle of whiskey...

hectic1
09-01-2009, 12:37
I passed up a bottle of pappy 20 today as well. it was priced at 79.99+tax in a small "mom and pop" joint. the lady said it had been there for several years... judging by the dust, I'd have to agree.

I'm thinking about going back for it, but 80 bucks is a lot to spend on a bottle of whiskey...
That's a good deal for that Pappy...if you want to ship it to Chicago I'm sure I could put it to use! ;)

hectic1
09-01-2009, 13:36
Passed on a WTKS platinum top today...I could only fit one bottle in the bag and that was taken by the Ridgewood Reserve that I found. :(

p_elliott
09-02-2009, 08:55

That's a good buy go back for that one, that's going to be good juice!

DeanSheen
09-02-2009, 10:09
Passed on a WTKS platinum top today...I could only fit one bottle in the bag and that was taken by the Ridgewood Reserve that I found. :(

That is a sad story indeed. Maybe we should start a new thread for ocassions such as these.

Rake
09-11-2009, 23:09
BTAC Handy '06.

I have a feeling I'll be heading back to that particular store soon.

Josh
09-12-2009, 12:38
passed up an 09 OFBB and 2 08 Wm. Larue Wellers. May go back for the wellers at some point. Now that I've been put on a budget, I figure I can wait a few weeks to grab one or two of the 09 OFBBs. Or until next weekend. :grin:

Skunk
09-12-2009, 19:11
Nothing today, but two days ago passed on OCPR (squat bottle) because it was $45, and a week ago passed on o8 GTS because it was $80.

ODaniel
09-12-2009, 20:33
A huge bourbon aisle in Liquor Barn where I just got hired :D

I was eying some Eagle Rare Single Barrel. Not sure what I should get next. I have OGD 114 and OFS 107. I'm thinking Hancock's Reserve if it's still $29. I really want to try ER SB, OWA, and ETL. I wish I got a better discount than 5%, but hey it's better than nothing.

HipFlask
09-13-2009, 01:30
PVW 15 yr for $79.99. I hope it was mismarked. And Lot B for $49.99. Ended it up with Ritt BIB and WT RB.

unclebunk
09-13-2009, 02:43
What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

Breakfast...after consuming half a bottle of vintage Walker's Deluxe (1965) last night. :lol:

OscarV
09-13-2009, 07:57
What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

Breakfast...after consuming half a bottle of vintage Walker's Deluxe (1965) last night. :lol:

Been there.
Done that.:crazy:

Drazzamatazz
09-13-2009, 12:30
Van Winkle Lot B, was just running in a store to try and get some Dogfish Head Punkin and scrolled by the bourbon section. $50

Also quickly spotted two W.L. Wellers, I believe it was the Centennial and Special Reserve, didn't see prices on either.

Oh yeah, Elmer T. Lee for $32, seems like that might be high but this is the first place I've seen in in Rhode Island.

I have this feeling deep down inside that I should go back and get them all, they are all bourbon I was unable to find in Maine/New Hampshire.

unclebunk
09-13-2009, 12:48
Van Winkle Lot B, was just running in a store to try and get some Dogfish Head Punkin and scrolled by the bourbon section. $50

Also quickly spotted two W.L. Wellers, I believe it was the Centennial and Special Reserve, didn't see prices on either.

Oh yeah, Elmer T. Lee for $32, seems like that might be high but this is the first place I've seen in in Rhode Island.

I have this feeling deep down inside that I should go back and get them all, they are all bourbon I was unable to find in Maine/New Hampshire.

If you only get one of these, make it the Weller Centennial. You'll come across the others much more often but the WC is long gone and well worth getting.

Drazzamatazz
09-13-2009, 17:03
Advice taken, and while I don't know what I could have missed, I am very happy with the Centennial.

The WC is all gone you say? They had two more bottles on the shelves at the store I went to, might have to go back for them.

Special Reserve
09-13-2009, 17:11
... They had two more bottles on the shelves at the store I went to, might have to go back for them.

That would be wise. It's high on my always purchase when seen list.

unclebunk
09-13-2009, 18:48
Advice taken, and while I don't know what I could have missed, I am very happy with the Centennial.

The WC is all gone you say? They had two more bottles on the shelves at the store I went to, might have to go back for them.

Are you sure it's the Weller Centennial and not another Weller product? If you found three bottles of WC on a shelf in the same store you've got the golden touch when it comes to dusty hunting! Someone else here can tell you when the last bottling of the WC occurred but it's been many years as I recall. How much are they, by the way? If they are $40-ish or less you've hit the jackpot!

Drazzamatazz
09-14-2009, 12:27
Looks just like this,
http://www.beveragewarehouse.com/images/products/3642.jpg
Just looked at it in my cabinet to make certain.

They are $36.

unclebunk
09-14-2009, 12:50
Looks just like this,
http://www.beveragewarehouse.com/images/products/3642.jpg
Just looked at it in my cabinet to make certain.

They are $36.

That's fantastic! At $36 you should definitely buy all three bottles and just sip them slowly over time. I've got one on the bar which I only touch on special occasions and another one bunkered which will stay put for some time in the distant future.

hectic1
09-14-2009, 13:13
That's fantastic! At $36 you should definitely buy all three bottles and just sip them slowly over time. I've got one on the bar which I only touch on special occasions and another one bunkered which will stay put for some time in the distant future. I agree...this and ER 101 are my two that I have been searching for with no luck! Buy them all and I'll buy any that you don't want! LOL! :D

JamesW
09-19-2009, 08:11
I saw 2 WLW 2008 @ 70, 1 Handy 2008 @ $55 and 2 ER17 2008 @$63. I was very tempted to get some but I know if I wait a bit I can get them chaper on the new release from a few discount places I know. I was very tempted with the Handy and may go back since the price was reasonable and I'm all out of it. I still hava few of the Wellers and ER17's in the bunker to hold me over.

callmeox
09-19-2009, 09:22
A bunch of stores here in Festival land received their Van Winkle allocations over the last few days. I've left a bunch of Pappy 15, 20 and Lot B. behind as I cruise the stores.

Still no sign of the Parkers Heritage 50th bottling, though.

sailor22
09-19-2009, 11:31
How much were the 15 and 20's going for?

callmeox
09-19-2009, 13:17
The 15's were anywhere from 52 to 65 and the 20's were in the 90's.

OscarV
10-13-2009, 12:14
It's not what I passed up today but what passed me up today.
I stopped at my favorite liquor store to get a bottle of Elijah Craig 18yo cuz the recent EC12 is very good and I am now understanding Parker's bourbons better,
but they were out.
The guy said that they had 5 bottles sitting on the shelf for months and in the last week and a half they all sold.
So I thought I'd like to get a Pappy 15 since I opened a Weller Centennial Whitehouse yesterday that reminds me of Pappy15 so I wanted to do a comparision, but they were out of that also.

But I did not pass on a WTRB 50ml for the illegal drive home.

BBQ+Bourbon
10-13-2009, 21:14
As a certifiable OWA maniac, I am slightly saddened to report that I passed up an 03 OWA 375 today. The clerk could not find a price nor contact the proprietor. My suggestion was that he ring up a WSR and add a dollar but he couldn't oblige.

I have set up a ring wherein I could have a good supply of 1L bottles of 06 OWA coming my way. Fair trade.

hectic1
10-18-2009, 11:25
Passed on Saz 18, Handy, and ER17 from the 2009 collection...at $69.99 they're priced to high IMO for what you get. I would rather get lot B, Pappy 15, or a couple bottles of WL Weller 12 for that price. :( The only two BTAC that I would consider at that price would be the GTS or WLW.

loose proton
10-18-2009, 14:55
It's not what I passed up today but what passed me up today.
I stopped at my favorite liquor store to get a bottle of Elijah Craig 18yo
It sounds like maybe you've not sampled an 18 before? (remember, that's legal age:rolleyes: ). I think a jug of 12yr is one of the best values for $$ and the 18 is much tastier and the next best value out there.

smokinjoe
10-18-2009, 15:24
Passed on Saz 18, Handy, and ER17 from the 2009 collection...at $69.99 they're priced to high IMO for what you get. I would rather get lot B, Pappy 15, or a couple bottles of WL Weller 12 for that price. :( The only two BTAC that I would consider at that price would be the GTS or WLW.

I certainly won't try to tell you what it's "worth" should be to you. But, if you like rye, then the Handy is an absolute STEAL at $69.99. What you get is an un-cut, unfiltered, Nuclear Powered, Hit me in the nose and make my eyes water, Titan of a rye. There's more lip smackin flavor in one bottle of Handy, than in 10 cases of many other ryes. To me, it may be the best product coming out of BT. It's an awesome pour.

hectic1
10-18-2009, 18:13
I certainly won't try to tell you what it's "worth" should be to you. But, if you like rye, then the Handy is an absolute STEAL at $69.99. What you get is an un-cut, unfiltered, Nuclear Powered, Hit me in the nose and make my eyes water, Titan of a rye. There's more lip smackin flavor in one bottle of Handy, than in 10 cases of many other ryes. To me, it may be the best product coming out of BT. It's an awesome pour. I can get the 2008 Handy for $64.99...I'm just pissed that in a MAJOR RECESSION prices on bourbon have been spinning out of contol! :hot:

MrAtomic
10-20-2009, 15:23
Well,

I just got back from browsing three local liquor stores. On one hand, I'm happy to see that nearby stores are stocking more and more limited-release bourbons, but some of the prices are staggering. I passed up two '09 Staggs at $72.99, an '08 Stagg at $65.99, a Van Winkle Rye for $79.99 (a bit less than twice what I paid a couple of years ago), and a PVW 20 at a very depressing $129.99.

For the past 5-6 years I've generally bought a few bottles from the BTAC (and enjoyed them), but I had surprisingly little trouble walking away from them today. I understand that Stagg, Weller, and Handy are barrel-proof and in a sense, provide more whiskey per dollar than a lower-proof expression (depending upon the level of dilution when drinking). That said, I'd rather have 3 bottles of Binny's Hand-Picked ETL, Weller 12, or Buffalo Trace. If I'm buying an annual release, my focus would be on hoarding a few extra bottle of '08 OFBB, which really hits my sweet spot.

For what it's worth, I ended up buying a Wild Turkey Rye for $22.00.

onmytrack
10-20-2009, 20:30
Passed on an '09 Handy @ $59.99 and a PVW 23 that was "only" $179.99. Thinking real hard about going back for the Pappy. I'd really like to find one more '09 WLW.

Jim

BBQ+Bourbon
10-20-2009, 21:14
I passed on a JRPS today at $81. The price is good around here but I have three bunkered already and at the rate I drink rare whiskey, that's a good supply. I drink good, midshelf whiskey and keep the rare goods around for special days.

For the time being, I will probably focus on stocking up on some favorites like OGD114 and OWA.

p_elliott
10-21-2009, 11:13
Passed on an '09 Handy @ $59.99 and a PVW 23 that was "only" $179.99. Thinking real hard about going back for the Pappy. I'd really like to find one more '09 WLW.

Jim

That's good prices on both of those if you can afford them.

jburlowski
10-21-2009, 15:35
I passed on a JRPS today at $81. The price is good around here but I have three bunkered already and at the rate I drink rare whiskey, that's a good supply. I drink good, midshelf whiskey and keep the rare goods around for special days.

If you do it right, every day is a special day.

As Martha says, "It's all good."

ILLfarmboy
10-21-2009, 15:43
WTAS, $98.99

Were I flush with cash, I might have pulled the trigger............

CajunKY
10-21-2009, 19:23
Berheim Wheat Whiskey for $33.99 with a $15.00 mail in rebate.

fishnbowljoe
10-21-2009, 21:19
If you do it right, every day is a special day.

As Martha says, "It's all good."

God Bless Martha. :grin: Cheers. Joe

JamesW
10-23-2009, 16:01
Passed on a Parkers Heritage at $80 (I love this stuff but I'm saving my $$$ for the 2009 BTAC's). Picked up 1 but left 2 WLW 2008 @55 on the shelf (waiting on the 09's for $52 somewhere else).... Left a Pappy 23 @ only $180. Left some Lot B's at $43 (great price but I have 3 bunkered and like higher proofs more....)

But I did get all the ORVW 10/107's they had, leaving a piddly 10/90 to the next guy @ $30

CajunKY
10-23-2009, 20:44
Passed up handles of Weller 12 at $51, and another bottle of ORVW 10/107 at $35.

JamesW
10-24-2009, 06:19
Passed up handles of Weller 12 at $51, and another bottle of ORVW 10/107 at $35.

Weller 12 @ $51? Geez, are prices really moving that fast? They were $30 here last year.

jburlowski
10-24-2009, 06:48
Weller 12 @ $51? Geez, are prices really moving that fast? They were $30 here last year.

$30 for Weller 12, 1.75L handles?

gblick
10-24-2009, 16:23
$30 for Weller 12, 1.75L handles?The handles of W12 can still be found for around $33 in some stores here in Houston. The old gray-label ones (bottled in 2000) that I found about a week ago were only $30.99, but that's the lowest I've seen recently and that's why I bought them.

JamesW
10-24-2009, 18:52
$30 for Weller 12, 1.75L handles?

Never seen the 1.75L, didn't even know they made them.... that's not a bad price then.

CajunKY
10-24-2009, 20:12
$30 for a handle of Weller 12, buy all that you can, right now.

JamesW
10-24-2009, 20:16
$30 for a handle of Weller 12, buy all that you can, right now.

Just to clarify... I said I saw Weller 12 @ $30 in response to your report of $51. I thought you were talking about the 750ml not 1.75L. I didn't know that Wellers came in handles. At $51 I'd buy that handle.

theDon
10-24-2009, 20:26
Yeah it's $31.99 here a handle. $51 is absurd. I could ship you some for less than that.

CajunKY
10-24-2009, 21:03
Yeah it's $31.99 here a handle. $51 is absurd. I could ship you some for less than that.

Where do I send my address to?

theDon
10-24-2009, 21:14
Where do I send my address to?

Seriously, you too? There is no way in Kentucky you are paying $51 a 1.75 right? I was just talking about a savings of maybe $5 if that dude is paying $51. You gotta be gettin it for less.

Can't you just back your truck up to the distillery and they pump some in plastic jugs for you. No, that's not how it works? That's the picture I paint of Kentucky in my mind. The rivers flow brown (with bourbon) and you can just stick your face in and get your fill.

JamesW
10-26-2009, 19:56
Seriously, you too? There is no way in Kentucky you are paying $51 a 1.75 right? I was just talking about a savings of maybe $5 if that dude is paying $51. You gotta be gettin it for less.

Can't you just back your truck up to the distillery and they pump some in plastic jugs for you. No, that's not how it works? That's the picture I paint of Kentucky in my mind. The rivers flow brown (with bourbon) and you can just stick your face in and get your fill.

That's always been the way I envisioned Kentucky :lol:

DeanSheen
10-26-2009, 21:22
WLW '09 $76.......... pass

Joshua
10-26-2009, 21:27
1962 Old Fitz. I'm still heartbroken. The guy loved the decanter in the store, had it for display, and refused to break the seal to empty the juice out for me. He didn't care about the juice in that, or his 10+ old Beam decanters either....

So I'm going to keep busting my ass to find empty decanters, trade him empty nice decanters for the 62 old fitz juice.

sailor22
10-27-2009, 08:14
That's a heart breaker.
Tell him the juice inside represents the heart and soul of the guy who was the master distiller - the decanter represents a marketing graduates idea. Your interested in the accomplishment of the distiller and want to celebrate it before it goes bad. He can continue to appreciate the product of the marketing department.

It works for me sometimes.:rolleyes:

ACDetroit
10-30-2009, 19:59
I'm not sure I passed! I just flat out refused to pay the crazy price on the (6) old Wild Turkey Flasks with the 86.8 proof juice in them today! Guy wants $29.99 +tax each! I wanted to ask him if he realizes there's only 200ml in the flask the size of a 375ml bottle. Needless to say I walked, but I know where they are and one day I'll get in there when the kid is there and get those bastages!

Tony

spun_cookie
10-30-2009, 20:25
I'm not sure I passed! I just flat out refused to pay the crazy price on the (6) old Wild Turkey Flasks with the 86.8 proof juice in them today! Guy wants $29.99 +tax each! I wanted to ask him if he realizes there's only 200ml in the flask the size of a 375ml bottle. Needless to say I walked, but I know where they are and one day I'll get in there when the kid is there and get those bastages!

Tony

that is nucking futs... I would have told him to pound sand too... I had a guy try to get $150 per WT decanter... I held back my laughter....

BBQ+Bourbon
11-01-2009, 14:27
Weller 12 handles run about $35 around here but you have to search a little. I found one 88/00 bottle for that money and am hunting for more.

If you think we're paying too much, check out ebay. ORVW 23 are closing at $225 and one guy is asking $15,000 for a bottle of Mountain Dew because it has a clear bottle:rolleyes:. Next time you think your bourbon supply is overpriced, look up your bottle on ebay and take comfort in knowing somebody else paid WAAAAYYYY more.

IronHead
11-08-2009, 16:14
I was in Gatlinburg, TN this weekend and wandered into a store that had OFBB '08, Weller 12 (can't find it anywhere in L'ville) and a WTAS priced at 99 bucks.

Special Reserve
11-08-2009, 17:54
All of the current BTAC at $99.99/bottle. This was at a store that usually charges the state minimum. Go figure.

Capitalism isn't it great!:hot:

funknik
11-08-2009, 19:22
All of the current BTAC at $99.99/bottle. This was at a store that usually charges the state minimum. Go figure.

Capitalism isn't it great!:hot:That's outrageous! Will they actually get rid of them at that price? Makes me feel blessed to have access to the NH Liquor store where they're $52.

Josh
11-08-2009, 19:33
That's outrageous! Will they actually get rid of them at that price? Makes me feel blessed to have access to the NH Liquor store where they're $52.

Makes me feel better about paying $75 for one recently!

Anyway, on that same, ill-fated trip, I passed up a Rittenhouse 21 (which I have NEVER seen in this state!) and yet another Hancock in the wooden tube but with a sticker on the outside, unlike the previous one I found. I also passed up a WR seasoned wood, and the entire 2009 BTAC except the aforementioned Handy. And about 3 08 OFBBs and 2 OWA 7 y/o

bonneamie
11-08-2009, 20:16
Just wonderin'--why was it an ill-fated trip?

Josh
11-08-2009, 20:21
Just wonderin'--why was it an ill-fated trip?

For the following reasons:
1) Didn't find half the stuff I was looking for and
B) overpaid for that Handy

but the companionship was good :grin:

OscarV
11-08-2009, 20:50
Anyway, on that same, ill-fated trip, I passed up a Rittenhouse 21 (which I have NEVER seen in this state!)

Is this MI your'e talking about?
I've seen 'em around here.

Special Reserve
11-09-2009, 04:12
That's outrageous! Will they actually get rid of them at that price? Makes me feel blessed to have access to the NH Liquor store where they're $52.

It is otherwise a good store. Usually state minimum pricing. I'll be back because its a local store for me.

Josh
11-09-2009, 05:51
Is this MI your'e talking about?
I've seen 'em around here.

yeah. for whatever reason, I think the stores in this area don't stock it, or sold out of them quickly. It also strikes me as odd that neither the Rittenhouse BiB or 80 proof are carried in the state, but the 21 is available.:hot:

AVB
11-09-2009, 05:58
I had to pass up the Jefferson 17 since I was buying a complete BTAC. $300 was all there was in the kitty.

OscarV
11-09-2009, 07:22
It also strikes me as odd that neither the Rittenhouse BiB or 80 proof are carried in the state, but the 21 is available.:hot:

Yeah it is odd, I don't get it.
BTW have you seen any of the new WT Tradition 14yo here in the Winter Wonderland AKA The Great Lake State?

p_elliott
11-09-2009, 08:05

Capitalism isn't it great!:hot:

Did you tell them to go do you know what to themselves?:hot:

Josh
11-09-2009, 11:48
Yeah it is odd, I don't get it.
BTW have you seen any of the new WT Tradition 14yo here in the Winter Wonderland AKA The Great Lake State?

I haven't seen it yet. I haven't really been looking, though. I'll give a heads up if I see some.

SMOWK
11-09-2009, 15:44
Are you serious?
You must be mistaken.

In a recent thread I mentioned I was able to pick up 2 cases of Stagg and 2 bottles of the Handy for $39.50/bottle. It was marked wholesale through the local LCB due to me working for a restaurant. I bought all I could, as they were only allotted 2 cases of each of the BTACs.

I missed the WLW by about a week, and I'm not a big fan of the others under 100 proof.

Special Reserve
11-09-2009, 16:33
Did you tell them to go do you know what to themselves?:hot:

I was polite. But I did remind them what the state price was. As noted above, passed them up.

BBQ+Bourbon
11-09-2009, 18:27
I didn't have to, but I passed up a WTKS 101 proof with the dark brown cap. I'd like to try that one, but not for $50.

Ruby K
11-10-2009, 22:55
weller centenial. but i'll be back for it.

birdman1099
11-10-2009, 23:54
i would hope so.....:skep:

Ruby K
11-11-2009, 00:18

yeah, wife was giving me the stink eye as i was peeking at the bottle. already called em and had em put it aside for me, though. :cool:

MJL
11-11-2009, 08:08
I have been passing up evey bottle for the last year or so. I likely have enough bourbon and rum on hand to get me through the next few years but still like to pick up the occiasonal bargain or older bottle. I just have been holding back for the last year or so due to money constraints. I am enjoying drinking what I have on hand and will be buying more when I find more room and more money!

OscarV
11-11-2009, 13:11
weller centenial. but i'll be back for it.

Uh?!?

Ditto!!

yeah, wife was giving me the stink eye as i was peeking at the bottle. already called em and had em put it aside for me, though. :cool:

Good man, you fit in nice here!

fishnbowljoe
11-11-2009, 15:10

Ahhhh. The dreaded wife look. Know it well. :rolleyes: Joe

callmeox
11-11-2009, 18:03
I went to Erie, PA today to participate in a non-bourbon hobby (Geocaching) and of course I had to check out the PALCB site for any bargains before we departed. I spied Rock Hill Farms on clearance for $36.00 and a store near where we were going had a bottle in stock.

Well, the bottle wasn't on the shelf when I got there and when I asked the manager about it, he told me that they were holding it for another customer.

Really.

It's safe to say that I will no longer patronize the PALCB stores when I visit.

CygnusX-1
11-14-2009, 19:28
One of the ABCs by my house had the new WTT 14 year, $131. Damn it was hard to leave behind but i just dont have the funds right now:cry:

Josh
11-14-2009, 20:22
One of the ABCs by my house had the new WTT 14 year, $131. Damn it was hard to leave behind but i just dont have the funds right now:cry:

I passed up a PHC today, with the white-ish label today. $135. That's why I passed it up.

Ruby K
11-14-2009, 23:51
Uh?!?

Ditto!!

Good man, you fit in nice here!

Acquired yesterday, and cracked open late for a taste. couldn't help it! my bunker remains one bottle of pappy 20, one bottle of gold foil hirsch. Everything else is open.

Bentrod
11-16-2009, 16:16
I went to Erie, PA today to participate in a non-bourbon hobby (Geocaching) and of course I had to check out the PALCB site for any bargains before we departed. I spied Rock Hill Farms on clearance for $36.00 and a store near where we were going had a bottle in stock.

Well, the bottle wasn't on the shelf when I got there and when I asked the manager about it, he told me that they were holding it for another customer.

Really.

It's safe to say that I will no longer patronize the PALCB stores when I visit.

Had the exact same thing happen to me in mid-September. PA was closing out the Rare Breed for $21.99. I was making a trip through PA on business and used the PLCB website to identify stores that still had inventory. All 4 stores that I visited gave me the same story. The store in State College did give up the 2 bottles that they had been holding when I pressed them on the issue. The other 3 stores could not have cared less.

smokinjoe
11-16-2009, 18:23
My daughter is doing a report on Abraham Lincoln, so I thought I'd pick up a bottle of Knob Creek. Ya knooooowwwww, as a learrrrrrning tool, and I'm big on education. :D Yeah, that's the ticket....But, as it was nearly $30, and the shortage will be over this month :rolleyes:, I passed.

No harm though, as my local store has recently added the Two Hearted Ale to their Bell's lineup. Picked up a six pack, and saved myself $20. Brilliant!!!

IronHead
11-16-2009, 18:35
I loooooove Two Hearted. Hops are good!

independant
11-16-2009, 20:32
Way to many to list. On a recent trip up to DC I was directed by Greg to a store that he said had a good selection of current offerings. Man was he ever telling the truth. If it is currently on the market this store had it. Outside of Ky this is the best store I have ever been in. To bad I had just about burned through my bourbon budget or I would have taken a lot more home with me.

Ruby K
11-16-2009, 22:27
My daughter is doing a report on Abraham Lincoln, so I thought I'd pick up a bottle of Knob Creek. Ya knooooowwwww, as a learrrrrrning tool, and I'm big on education. :D Yeah, that's the ticket....But, as it was nearly $30, and the shortage will be over this month :rolleyes:, I passed.

No harm though, as my local store has recently added the Two Hearted Ale to their Bell's lineup. Picked up a six pack, and saved myself $20. Brilliant!!!

Oh man, i wish icould find KC for nearly 30 bucks. Post shortage, I've seen it over 40 up here.

p_elliott
11-17-2009, 08:12
Oh man, i wish icould find KC for nearly 30 bucks. Post shortage, I've seen it over 40 up here.

Where's up here? You might put this info on your profile.

JamesW
11-19-2009, 09:40
Passed on 2 PVW15's at 63...It's my favorite and I may go back but I still have a bunch (5 or so) that I only paid $50 for so it hurts to pay that much now. Also passed on a 2009 Stagg at $70 (have 3 in the bunker) and 2 lot B's at $52 (also have 3 of these bunkered).

funknik
11-19-2009, 09:45
Passed on 2 PVW15's at 63...It's my favorite and I may go back but I still have a bunch (5 or so) that I only paid $50 for so it hurts to pay that much now. Also passed on a 2009 Stagg at $70 (have 3 in the bunker) and 2 lot B's at $52 (also have 3 of these bunkered).
I love the VW expressions but see them very rarely -- you obviously know where to go to find them. The $50 price tag can be had in NH, but they get one small shipment a year. It's too expensive for me to buy regularly, but if I knew where to pick some up, I would stash it as I could afford to. I do know a couple of places in Mass, maybe they're the same places you're going to.

The Boozer
11-19-2009, 10:05
Makes me feel better about paying $75 for one recently!

Anyway, on that same, ill-fated trip, I passed up a Rittenhouse 21 (which I have NEVER seen in this state!) and yet another Hancock in the wooden tube but with a sticker on the outside, unlike the previous one I found. I also passed up a WR seasoned wood, and the entire 2009 BTAC except the aforementioned Handy. And about 3 08 OFBBs and 2 OWA 7 y/o

Did manage to pick up a 09 Handy @ State min, but passed on the 2nd one and a Saz 17 09'. Not enough cash in the pocket. Will likely be going pack but the store is a trip. Not seen any WLW or Stagg, anywhere in State.
TJ

JamesW
11-19-2009, 13:02
I love the VW expressions but see them very rarely -- you obviously know where to go to find them. The $50 price tag can be had in NH, but they get one small shipment a year. It's too expensive for me to buy regularly, but if I knew where to pick some up, I would stash it as I could afford to. I do know a couple of places in Mass, maybe they're the same places you're going to.

I've never seen a Van Winkle product in NH. The place I saw these has had the Lot B's before but never the PVW15's. I think they have them now as a result of my asking for some a long while back. I'm still debating on getting them. I know that the prices have skyrocketed again on these and I may never get more at that price (or any price perhaps).

I'm getting most of my stuff in Western MA (Julio's too if I can get out there), RI, NY (Albany area), & Western NH. Any other locales you want to suggest?

funknik
11-19-2009, 13:08
I've never seen a Van Winkle product in NH. The place I saw these has had the Lot B's before but never the PVW15's. I think they have them now as a result of my asking for some a long while back. I'm still debating on getting them. I know that the prices have skyrocketed again on these and I may never get more at that price (or any price perhaps).

I'm getting most of my stuff in Western MA (Julio's too if I can get out there), RI, NY (Albany area), & Western NH. Any other locales you want to suggest?
Looks like you have a much wider area that you purchase in than me, James -- I should be asking you where I should shop . . . I'm up here in the Bourbon Desert of Maine . . . I sometimes make it to the NH stores (as I said, they get one VW shipment a year, all allocated to the flagship store) & more rarely than that, make it to Julio's. I've found a couple places outside of Boston on 128 that I can find some stuff fairly reasonably, too, but don't get down there much.

JamesW
11-19-2009, 13:41
Looks like you have a much wider area that you purchase in than me, James -- I should be asking you where I should shop . . . I'm up here in the Bourbon Desert of Maine . . . I sometimes make it to the NH stores (as I said, they get one VW shipment a year, all allocated to the flagship store) & more rarely than that, make it to Julio's. I've found a couple places outside of Boston on 128 that I can find some stuff fairly reasonably, too, but don't get down there much.

I was told we could special order cases through NH. Maybe we should go in with some folks in our area. They could ship to a store near you and a store near me. Just a thought.... I'd take 3 PVW15's if they were $50....

funknik
11-19-2009, 14:34
I was told we could special order cases through NH. Maybe we should go in with some folks in our area. They could ship to a store near you and a store near me. Just a thought.... I'd take 3 PVW15's if they were $50....
I've already talked about this with a whiskey buddy nearby . . . I'd be more interested in the Lot 'B' since it's only $41, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. I'll also let you know if/when the VWs show up this year after I get mine . . . it's a pretty tight window of about 3 weeks when they're around, but they get the Lot 'B', PVW 15 & PVW20.

JamesW
11-19-2009, 14:49
I've already talked about this with a whiskey buddy nearby . . . I'd be more interested in the Lot 'B' since it's only $41, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. I'll also let you know if/when the VWs show up this year after I get mine . . . it's a pretty tight window of about 3 weeks when they're around, but they get the Lot 'B', PVW 15 & PVW20.

Thanks, I'll do the same when I see 'em!

George
11-19-2009, 16:44
I had an interesting visit to a local store today. I'm going to post a note about it in another thread.

Oh, it has to do with passing something up. :cool:

JamesW
11-21-2009, 12:19
Passed on a Pappy 23 for 180. I have one (unopened) and so while the price is nice, I can't justify it. Also, a couple of Pappy 20's for $74 which is also great but again, I have 3 bunkered and I'm just not drinking it like I used to at those prices.

funknik
11-21-2009, 12:25
Passed on a Pappy 23 for 180. I have one (unopened) and so while the price is nice, I can't justify it. Also, a couple of Pappy 20's for $74 which is also great but again, I have 3 bunkered and I'm just not drinking it like I used to at those prices.Wow, those ae great prices! Even I might grab a PVW20 for $74 !!! :bigeyes:

I passed up a EWSB '97 & '98 today. They've been sitting there for a while, so I doubt they're moving anytime soon, but I did want them. I can't get by the $28 price tag on this when EC12 is $18.

JamesW
11-25-2009, 09:30
Passed on a WR Seasoned Oak at $89, the owner offered it to me at $75 but I still passed. He also had some Staggs at $69 and PVW15 at $69, ORVW 10/107 $39 etc... all at the high end of the pricing I usually see.

Passed on everything.

ACDetroit
11-25-2009, 16:17
Not sure if I can call it passed up but I did leave them on the shelf. I ran across 2 bottles of "Kentucky Silk" today, never seen them before so I inspected the bottle says natural flavors on it but it was 60 proof? Bottling was from Frankfort but something about Ohio on it as well, whatever the case may be I left both of them on the shelf. I rarely drink 80 proofer so 60 was way out of the question.

Tony