PDA

View Full Version : A Test That turned out Great-?- Peanut Liqour & Rittenhouse Rye 80 proof

dave ziegler
01-03-2009, 16:35
Well tonight I decided to try something I have wanted to so I brought out my Modern Bottle of 80 proof Rittenhouse Rye and put about a shot and half of it and a shot of my Vintage Peanut Liqour on Ice and All I can say is it is like Rye Bread with fresh peanut Butter with a great kick!

The smells of Peanuts and Rye come jumping out of the Ice as I sip and it looks like it is time for second one it is so smooth.

I wish I had a bottle of Our Original Rittenhouse to use in it but this KY Rittenhouse is awesome stuff. I just thought if Scotch tasted so Dam good with it, then Rye should to and it is one of the best experiments I have tried.

So I toast Mr Neuman with my Next one for all the years He ran the greatest Distilling Company in The History of Pa for Me.

Now What The Heck do I call it as the One with Scotch is called the Endinburg Express, How about a Reading Flyer in memory of The Reading Railroad that my Grandfather worked on.
Dave Z
-------------------------------------------------------
It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
----------------------------------------------------------
America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

Dramiel McHinson
01-04-2009, 17:52
Wow! I didn't even know they made peanut liquour. It's like an adult peanut butter sandwich except easier to chew and swallow. If you added a dash of blackberry schnapps or just grape juice you could call it a PB&J.

Jono
01-05-2009, 15:03
Dave, even though this is not the same peanut liqour...I wonder if there is some similarity in taste...not sure how much of the rum comes through.

http://www.castriescreme.com/

There are alot of peanut butter and pb&j martinin recipes online...but they use various liquors.

Rughi
01-10-2009, 15:35
Is the peanut liquor (liqueur?) readily available these days? I like the sound of the Reading Flyer.

It's not really the same, but this reminds me of the Fitzgerald bottling that Cliff christened the Cracker Jack (http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13930&highlight=jack#post13930), which was a UD Bernheim-distilled / HH Bardstown-bottled product.

I'd be interested if anyone who was in on the Cracker Jack phenomenon could comment on it versus current HH Fitzgerald.

Roger