PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Kentucky

trx450
01-07-2009, 17:22
I've been lurking around on this site for a few weeks now and i am really impressed with all of the useful information and knowledge here .Being from Kentucky and employed at Jim Beam's Frankfort location(Old Grand Dad), i really enjoy reading about the history and all of the diferent types of bourbon.This site is perfect!!

kickert
01-07-2009, 18:04
I've been lurking around on this site for a few weeks now and i am really impressed with all of the useful information and knowledge here .Being from Kentucky and employed at Jim Beam's Frankfort location(Old Grand Dad), i really enjoy reading about the history and all of the diferent types of bourbon.This site is perfect!!

Sounds like you are in the thick of things. What do you do at Beam? What are the perks?

trx450
01-07-2009, 18:59
I work in the shipping department.As for the perks, the pay is great and they do give us free alcohol once a month,but it is usually something other than bourbon.....tequila,vodka,schnapps,rum etc.

spun_cookie
01-07-2009, 20:13
Welcome trx... nothing like having another inside man to the group. Look forward to your posts and knowledge.

fishnbowljoe
01-07-2009, 21:01
Welcome trx. I agree with what spun_cookie said. I think it's great to have people in the "industry" as members. It's always good to get a take on things from the inside. It can be educational and eye opening. I also look forward to your posts and participation here at SB. So, lets pop the bung, and get this party rolling.:woohoo: Hope you have some fun while you're at it. Joe

p_elliott
01-08-2009, 00:32
I work in the shipping department.As for the perks, the pay is great and they do give us free alcohol once a month,but it is usually something other than bourbon...

Well that sucks, anyway welcome aboard post often and have fun .

Josh
01-08-2009, 10:28
Welcome trx. I agree with what spun_cookie said. I think it's great to have people in the "industry" as members. It's always good to get a take on things from the inside. It can be educational and eye opening. I also look forward to your posts and participation here at SB. So, lets pop the bung, and get this party rolling.:woohoo: Hope you have some fun while you're at it. Joe

Heheheh. He said "bung".

Anyway, let me extend my welcome as well, trx450. It's a good bunch o' folks round here. And I never worked at a distillery, but I did recently learn that a great-uncle of mine was a moonshiner, so that's something I guess. Anyway, welcome aboard!