PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Corsair

Andrew
01-13-2009, 15:17
Hey gang!

I'm the other founder of the Corsair distillery in Bowling Green, KY. (first intro thread (http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11531)) I'm the day-to-day operations guy and still jockey at the distillery.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. As maker of a product, it's a bit intimidating to participate in an educated, opinionated community. We at least have the respite of barrel-aging! I expect our first production run of bourbon will go in barrels Feb or March of this year -- we're busy distilling our unaged spirits for our retail launch at the moment.

As for day-to-day whiskey preferences, I enjoy trying anything and everything. If I wandered into a store for a "regular" purchase, I'd be walking out with Four Roses Small Batch and Russell's Reserve Rye. Looking across the pond, I'm rather fond of Bunnahabhain, Penderyn if I can find it, and I mourn the loss of Loch Dhu.

Best,
A

Virus_Of_Life
01-13-2009, 18:10
Welcome Andrew! Glad to see you on the site and I think I can say pretty confidently that, as you've likely already seen, you'll get nothing but positive encouragement from the members of this board.

Cheers!

mozilla
03-25-2009, 10:49
I am just getting around to some of these threads.

Welcome to the site. We definitely have lots of opinions here. Our common thread is our love of Ky whisky.

Best of luck with y'alls new adventure. Post y'alls progress as much as possible.

fishnbowljoe
03-25-2009, 22:08
Welcome Andrew. Hope you enjoy the site. You have my utmost respect and best wishes for good luck in your venture with the Corsair distillery. It's nice that people/distillers think enough to value the opinions of us so called bourbon "connoisseurs". To me, it means a lot that you value the opinions of those of us that have an affinity for bourbon. I wish you all the success in the world. Keep up the good work. It's all good! Joe

squire
03-28-2009, 09:56
Welcome aboard Andrew, any chance of touring your facility next time I'm in the area.

Lost Pollito
10-30-2009, 22:10
Hey gang!

I'm the other founder of the Corsair distillery in Bowling Green, KY. (first intro thread (http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11531)) and I mourn the loss of Loch Dhu.

Best,
A
I had this last night and applaud its absence. Get some Mannochmore...add caramel for color and bingo! I do not understand the longing for this gimmick. It was wretched. However, I'm curious to taste your spirits.:cool: Sorry...I had the Loch last night.... searched the site and got this thread. Why do you like the Dhu? Am I missing something?

Josh
10-31-2009, 00:15
I had this last night and applaud its absence. Get some Mannochmore...add caramel for color and bingo! I do not understand the longing for this gimmick. It was wretched. However, I'm curious to taste your spirits.:cool: Sorry...I had the Loch last night.... searched the site and got this thread. Why do you like the Dhu? Am I missing something?
:drinking::icon_pidu::drink::toast:

:slappin:

silverfish
04-16-2010, 07:34
Corsair expands into California and Oregon

link (http://www.corsairartisan.com/2010/04/15/corsair-expands-into-california-and-oregon/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+corsairartisan+%28Corsair+Art isan+Distillery%29)

sku
04-16-2010, 10:09
I hear about this from the distribution rep. Anyone taste it or have any thoughts on it?