PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Louisville

mmetzger34
01-27-2009, 09:27
I am new to the site, but have loved sorting through all the old posts.

I grew up in Louisville, but moved back after two stints in Chicago and one in Pittsburgh.

I love bourbon, and started to really follow the industry again now that I'm back home.

mozilla
01-27-2009, 09:38
Welcome!

You are right...those old posts and threads are fascinating and full of great info. Living in Louisville keeps you close to all the action...that's for sure. Do you go on distillery tours all the time?

Hope to see you here and posting your thoughts often.

mmetzger34
01-27-2009, 09:45
Thanks, mozilla . . .

I embarrassed to say that I haven't been on a distillery tour since I've been back . . . I travel all the time for work, so I am gone most weeks. My weekend's are generally consumed with family time (we have a two year old son).

I met Woodford MD Chris Morris last year at Paul Varga's house (really nice guy), and am flying back to attend a Maker's tasting with Kevin Smith tomorrow . . . I'm gonna hit the "trail" as soon as the weather thaws though . . .

mozilla
01-27-2009, 09:49
I would fear that, if I lived that close to bourbon country...the distillers would all be sick of seeing me at their doors everyday.

PhilsFan
01-27-2009, 14:40
I would fear that, if I lived that close to bourbon country...the distillers would all be sick of seeing me at their doors everyday.

mmetzger, welcome to the sb.com from a fellow Louisvillian! And Jeff,
as long as you keep buying their products, I'm sure they'd forgive you hanging around!

-Joe

ggilbertva
01-27-2009, 14:46
Welcome to SB.com. Have fun trolling through all the old posts. Make liberal use of the search function and if you have any questions you can't seem to find the answer to, feel free to ask any of us bourbonheads.

fishnbowljoe
01-27-2009, 15:15
Welcome mmetzger. If you've lived in Louisville before, no need for me to expound on things much further. Hope you like it here, and have some fun. Joe

Blitz
01-27-2009, 15:48
Welcome. This site has already been a great help in learning about my new hobby.

craigthom
01-30-2009, 05:55

I try to keep a low profile, but the woman in the tasting room at Jim Beam has started recognizing me.

Beam is just too easy. I'm on my way back to Louisville from Bardstown in the afternoon, so I swing in, get my sticker in the Outpost, then go straight to the house for a couple of samples. It takes very little time, since there's no tour. Sometimes I slip in one door for the movie and out the other.