PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Boubon Inclusive Desserts?

barturtle
01-30-2009, 22:10
I know we've got quite the assortment of cooks in the house, so I ask: What's for dessert in BourbonLand?

Crepes and Nutella Ice Cream...yes there is bourbon in both the crepes and the Ice Cream...The warm crepes, the cold ice cream...yummy...

OscarV
01-30-2009, 22:29
Yesterday I stopped at Middle Eastern market for some basmati rice and they had some baklava at the check out counter, (cunning).
So I got several pieces of the pataschio and of the walnut.
Baklava is great with bourbon.

smokinjoe
01-31-2009, 00:02
Brownies....Lots of Brownies...:yum:

Jono
02-01-2009, 18:52
I am enjoying a Market Day blueberry "blossom" tart with vanilla ice cream and my favorite dessert bourbon..Henry McKenna...yummy.

cowdery
02-02-2009, 00:39
Bourbon Bread Pudding.

Bourbon Balls.

hjminard
02-02-2009, 07:36
Pecan pie, including some versions that include Bourbon as an ingredient.

George
02-02-2009, 10:32
I've made a simple variation of bananas foster using bourbon. I really enjoyed it.

barturtle
04-02-2009, 17:16
I came across this (http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/jackdanielscremebrulee.htm) today, and did a search to see if anyone had posted such a recipe, nope, but I did find a thread (http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1139&highlight=Creme+Brulee) where Jeff was looking for one....They have the ingredients right, but the title is incorrect.

NeoTexan
04-03-2009, 04:35
TomH makes a very excellent version of Bananas Foster using bourbon.

George
04-03-2009, 07:12
It's a little early in the day for dessert, but man, these things sound awesome. :yum:

TomH
04-03-2009, 09:03

It's not me.....it's the Stagg.

BTW, on a recent Food Detectives they said that flaming only removes about 25% of the alcohol....so I guess that means the remaining alcohol is just a little over 100 proof.

Tom

Observation: I don't trust any creme brulee recipe that calls for burning the sugar in a broiler rather than using a torch.

TomH
04-03-2009, 09:05

It's not me.....it's the Stagg.

BTW, on a recent Food Detectives they said that flaming only removes about 25% of the alcohol....so I guess that means the remaining alcohol is just a little over 100 proof.

Tom

Observation: I don't trust any creme brulee recipe that calls for burning the sugar in a broiler rather than using a torch.

barturtle
04-03-2009, 09:33

I completely didn't notice that...but then considering a lot of people think a teensy butane torch is acceptable, I just bypass the finishing instructions anyway and grab my propane torch.

barturtle
04-04-2009, 22:52
Desert of the day:

Barturtle Brand Mint Julep Ice Cream

conclusion: needs more bourbon, but otherwise quite mint julep-y...perhaps just a touch of bourbon whipped cream would bring it into balance.

dean_martin
04-29-2009, 18:47
Bourbon Bread Pudding.

My wife made a bread pudding over the weekend with 2 sauces:

spiced rum (Sailor Jerry's)
bourbon (EC 12)

Both were excellent with the bourbon sauce winning by a nose.

tommyboy38
05-06-2009, 11:43
I had a most excellent bourbon bread pudding at Ruth Chris in DC last summer while on a trip with my wife. I usually don't go to classy joints but the BBP was OUTSTANDING!!! and almost enough to make me go back.