PDA

View Full Version : Hello from LA

BunkerBooze
02-18-2009, 10:28
Hello Everyone:

This is my first post and wanted to say hello from Los Angeles :cool:. I have been collecting bourbons and ryes for the past couple of years along with drinking them.

Are there any die hard fans (like me) in collecting bourbons and ryes regardless of the U.S. economy???

Let me know and thanks.

Squash
02-18-2009, 11:26
I spent way too much on my recent collection.

Josh
02-18-2009, 11:32
Absolutely! Although my wife is getting a pay cut soon. Thus I am buying all the expensive bottles now while we can afford it.

funknik
02-18-2009, 11:37
Absolutely! Although my wife is getting a pay cut soon. Thus I am buying all the expensive bottles now while we can afford it.
I'm with Josh -- lifestyle changes are always possible, so I'm stocking up while I can....also, i've been doing quite a bit of dusty hunting and buying everything I find....luckily I have depleted most of the stores in my area, so that's money I won't have to spend again -- I now probably have at least a year's worth of quality whiskey, so I can stop buying anytime I want.....

Really.....I can stop any time I want.....

...seriously....

:rolleyes:

Blitz
02-18-2009, 18:17
How is the economy going to get better unless we spend our hard earned money on wonderful American products, like bourbon? I'm doing my part.

Welcome bunk.

fishnbowljoe
02-18-2009, 21:06
Welcome BB. I've turned into one of those diehards the past few months. I recently got an attendance bonus from work. I spent it all on bourbon. :grin: I will say that some was not for me, and some was for trades. Still, it was a bit. My goal is to bunker some favorites, and try a new one now and then. It just doesn't seem to work out that way. It's really easy to get carried away. Wait till you find a few dusties. That's a whole 'nother ball game. Read some threads, check some old ones, pay attention and ask questions. This is a great place, with great people. Hope you like it here. Joe

p_elliott
02-19-2009, 01:56
Hello Everyone:

This is my first post and wanted to say hello from Los Angeles :cool:. I have been collecting bourbons and ryes for the past couple of years along with drinking them.

Are there any die hard fans (like me) in collecting bourbons and ryes regardless of the U.S. economy???

Let me know and thanks.

Welcome aboard you wouldn't believe the collections some of the people on here have. See the post show us your stash. Not me I live in a control state I only have a limited collection. I like you like the rye's so do a lot of other people on here. Post often give us your opinions ask questions post notes have fun make friends it's all good here.

Virus_Of_Life
02-23-2009, 12:09
Welcome Bunker, where about's in Los Angeles are you? I recently moved (back) to Portland from 5 years in the Orange County area. I did a lot of hunting around and was able to find some pretty good things, but didn't get up into LA County nearly as much as I would have liked.