PDA

View Full Version : Old Mr. Boston Bourbon

NeoTexan
02-28-2009, 12:51
What can anyone tell me regarding this bottling?
Says:
Bottled by Mr. Boston Distiller
Boston MA, Albany GA, Owensboro KY

Has a tax stamp but no date or DSP

mozilla
02-28-2009, 15:58
I know that Barton bought the rights to the Mr Boston name about the sametime they picked up some other Glenmore labels. So, I would check with either Barton or Glenmore histories.

craigthom
02-28-2009, 18:11
I think Albany is Viking, birthplace (but not current home) of Georgia Moon, which also belongs to Barton. Or did. It probably belongs to Sazerac now.

Josh
03-01-2009, 13:12
I think Albany is Viking, birthplace (but not current home) of Georgia Moon, which also belongs to Barton. Or did. It probably belongs to Sazerac now.

I thought GM was put out by HH.

bonneamie
03-01-2009, 13:45
GM is a HH product http://www.heaven-hill.com/brands-otherwhiskey.html

smokinjoe
03-01-2009, 14:00
Note that Craig states that Viking was the "birthplace (but not current home)", of GM. I think Craig is pointing out that Georgia Moon was introduced by the Viking Distillery in Albany many decades ago. Heaven Hill does own the brand now, though.

Josh
03-02-2009, 09:34
Note that Craig states that Viking was the "birthplace (but not current home)", of GM. I think Craig is pointing out that Georgia Moon was introduced by the Viking Distillery in Albany many decades ago. Heaven Hill does own the brand now, though.

I thought he was also saying it is currently owned by Barton, an easy mistake to make since B'town appears on the bottle. Didn't mean to sound nit-picky, tho. Sorry about that, Craig.