PDA

View Full Version : Another Seattleite Jumpin' aboard!

BtownBourbonite
03-10-2009, 20:37
Hi Ladies/Gents...though I honestly assume mainly gents....

My name is Brendan, and I am a relative newbie to the world of bourbon fandom, however as most of my friends know, when I get in to something, I get after it...I have been filling my brain with info, and my cabinet with the good stuff....I look forward to learning more about this fine liquor from y'all, and definitely want to get in the know about where to go in the city and beyond to find those rare bottles of tasty stuff.

I just went to the 4th Ave S location last week....and I was a bad boy. I think they just got in the last 10 bottles of Hirsch 16 they'll ever get in, as I know the last 900 have been bottled and are getting the million dollar treatment.....so I bought one. Yeah, it was $250, but I also know I'll never get another chance. I also got a bottle of Maple Hill, and Maple Hill Rye 23.....for a total of $450. Brutal.

Anyways, thanks for having this awesome site, there's so much to learn!

So, please, hit me up if you'd like, and definitely let me know about the good bourbons I'm missin'!

Cheers,

B~

Luna56
03-10-2009, 23:06
Welcome. I already hate you. :grin:

You've got a lot better selection than we get here in NH. Have at it, and let us know what you think about the great bottles you've got.

You'll find a vigorous community here, full of insight you likely won't get anywhere else. Welcome aboard!

Cheers!

sku
03-13-2009, 11:54
Hi Ladies/Gents...though I honestly assume mainly gents....

My name is Brendan, and I am a relative newbie to the world of bourbon fandom, however as most of my friends know, when I get in to something, I get after it...I have been filling my brain with info, and my cabinet with the good stuff....I look forward to learning more about this fine liquor from y'all, and definitely want to get in the know about where to go in the city and beyond to find those rare bottles of tasty stuff.

I just went to the 4th Ave S location last week....and I was a bad boy. I think they just got in the last 10 bottles of Hirsch 16 they'll ever get in, as I know the last 900 have been bottled and are getting the million dollar treatment.....so I bought one. Yeah, it was $250, but I also know I'll never get another chance. I also got a bottle of Maple Hill, and Maple Hill Rye 23.....for a total of $450. Brutal.

Anyways, thanks for having this awesome site, there's so much to learn!

So, please, hit me up if you'd like, and definitely let me know about the good bourbons I'm missin'!

Cheers,

B~

Is 4th Ave and S a store? What's it called?

fishnbowljoe
03-13-2009, 15:11
Welcome Brendan, Hope you like the site. There are a few other members in your area that might be able to be of some help to you. This place is pretty good about that. Enjoy. Joe

sotnsipper
03-14-2009, 14:40
Welcome to the board. Nice collection you have already! Glad to have you, but yes.....I hate you already too...:lol:

T47
03-16-2009, 07:58
Is 4th Ave and S a store? What's it called?

Itís actually called State Liquor Store 101. But itís the only store on 4th Ave S. down by our sports stadiums so itís easy just to say the 4th Ave store. Itís physically one of the largest as well, being that it supplies many of the area restaurants.

Welcome to SB Brendan, always nice to see more NW folks around! Thats a heck of a "jump in" purchase! There are a few of us here and we usually will share our unusual finds with one another in the Seattle Bourbon Sightings (http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8606&highlight=seattle) link here. Every once in while we get some nice surprises! Enjoy the ride, there is a ton of knowledge here.

:toast: