PDA

View Full Version : dreams

twin
04-18-2009, 11:00
My husband & brother in law are avid bourbon drinkers, primarily Makers Mark. They've mentioned that when they drink bourbon they have really crazy dreams at night. Has anyone else experienced this & does anyone know why it happens.

OscarV
04-18-2009, 11:05
This is normal, don't worry about it.
But maybe you can steer them away from that MM and go with WLWeller Special Reserve.
I have found that the dreams are more vivid with the Weller and it cost less than MM to!

fishnbowljoe
04-18-2009, 12:40
After I drink bourbon, (which is almost every day) I always have the same dream. I'm in an aging warehouse with barrels and barrels of bourbon. Every bourbon from every distillery, replete with corresponding Glencairn glasses. There's also all the food and water I need. There's furniture too. A nice living room set, a bedroom set, and a cozy little corner bar. I have a very nice meal, and after eating, it's time to pick a pour. I can't make up my mind. All the different barrels start saying,"Pick me! Pick me!" I still can't decide. Then the barrels start moving. "Pick me! Pick me!" I still can't decide. Then they start closing in on me. "Pick me! Pick me!" They eventually get me cornered in the little corner bar. "Pick me! Pick me!" I still can't decide! Then............I usually wake up, get up and go to the bathroom. On the way back to bed, I check on my stash, smile and head back to bed. :slappin: Joe

barturtle
04-18-2009, 12:50
Ya want crazy dreams, try nicotine patches.

independant
04-18-2009, 14:01
I never had bad dreams after bourbon. I normaly sleep better after a few nips. I did have crazy jacked up dreams when I was taking chantix. It is a stop smoking medication and I had to stop taking it because I didn't like the dreams.

spun_cookie
04-18-2009, 14:11
Alcohol and Sleep
Alcohol often is thought of as a sedative or calming drug. While alcohol may induce sleep, the quality of sleep is often fragmented during the second half of the sleep period. Alcohol increases the number of times you awaken in the later half of the night when the alcohol's relaxing effect wears off. It prevents you from getting the deep sleep and REM sleep you need because alcohol keeps you in the lighter stages of sleep. (http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/drug-alcohol-related)

----------------- -------------- -------------------------

I am having trouble finding the article right now, but there has been tests that show that after drinking, approximately 4hrs later there is an adrenalin spike that will disrupt sleep and/or wake you up.

OscarV
04-18-2009, 14:28
REM

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Rughi
04-18-2009, 15:20
After I drink bourbon, (which is almost every day) I always have the same dream. I'm in an aging warehouse with barrels and barrels of bourbon....All the different barrels start saying,"Pick me! Pick me!"...

I had the experience of being in an aging warehouse and opening up barrels for some barrel purchase samples, and I dream of it since then.
It's every bit as good as you might dream it would be.

Roger

BourbonJoe
04-18-2009, 17:58
I had the experience of being in an aging warehouse and opening up barrels for some barrel purchase samples, and I dream of it since then.
It's every bit as good as you might dream it would be.

Roger

I've had the occasional barrel sample but never a bunch of them in the same setting. Some day perhaps. Keep on dreaming Roger.
Joe :usflag:

Josh
04-19-2009, 18:45
Ever since I read a post where a member described being drenched in bourbon due to a bottling line accident, I've had dreams of that happening to me. Or Scarlett Johansson, or both of us.