PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Iowa

Drunkonjack
04-19-2009, 18:31
Hello fello drinkers . I live in Iowa and all there is to do is drink . So I'm interested in learning how to do it better.

ILLfarmboy
04-19-2009, 18:55
Hi Drunkonjack.

Welcome aboard. You will find a wealth of information here. Where abouts in Iowa do you live?

Drunkonjack
04-19-2009, 19:15
Clinton , Just about 30 miles north of the Quad Cities.

ILLfarmboy
04-19-2009, 19:28
I do quite a bit of shopping in the Quad Cities. If you can't find a particular bourbon in Clinton or elsewhere on the Iowa side, I can just about tell you where you can find it on the Illinois side. The Hy Vee in Milan just started carrying Weller 12. That's the first time Ive seen it in the QC area.

Drunkonjack
04-20-2009, 03:34
I do quite a bit of shopping in the Quad Cities. If you can't find a particular bourbon in Clinton or elsewhere on the Iowa side, I can just about tell you where you can find it on the Illinois side. The Hy Vee in Milan just started carrying Weller 12. That's the first time Ive seen it in the QC area.

Thanks Brad :cool:

I just went to Napperville and visited a friend and we went to Binnys and I purchased 6 bottles of stuff. One I like alot is Four Roses . Ican't find thay localy.

p_elliott
04-20-2009, 06:35
Finally another member from Iowa, welcome aboard. I live in the SW corner of Iowa. Four Roses is only sold in a limited number of states and Iowa isn't one of them. Iowa has a pretty limited selection of bourbon being the control state that it is. But you've probably noticed that for yourself. I usually jump down to Missouri to buy most of my bourbon or buy WT 101 in Iowa. I see you like to run to Chicago area to be able to extend your choices. If your curious what can be purchased in Iowa here's the site http://www.iowaabd.com/alcohol/search_products.jsp The list isn't totally up to date like under WT they don't list WTRB although as you know you can buy it in Iowa but it gives you a good idea. You don't live to far from Brad he can hook you up with some good bourbon hunting spots for sure. Post often, make some new friends and have fun. Official chat nights are Sunday and Thursday but chat is available anytime stop in it's a lot of fun. If you have any questions someone on here can answer them, but give us your opinions too tell us what you've tried what you liked and why. Didn't like and why.

B3Nut
04-20-2009, 06:41
Welcome aboard! You'll find a lot of good info and nice folk around here.

TP

Maddog918
04-21-2009, 16:31
Hello fello drinkers . I live in Iowa and all there is to do is drink . So I'm interested in learning how to do it better.

My wife is from Iowa but she don't drink. So I have to drink for her. She is from the Quad Cities. Welcome aboard.

Drunkonjack
04-21-2009, 18:40
My wife is from Iowa but she don't drink. So I have to drink for her. She is from the Quad Cities. Welcome aboard.

Funny , Mine don't drink either.

So I get hers :grin:

fishnbowljoe
04-21-2009, 18:58
Funny , Mine don't drink either.

So I get hers :grin:

Yep. You'll fit right in here. :lol: Welcome aboard. Joe