PDA

View Full Version : Hello from WNY

Blasko
06-13-2009, 12:42
Just wanted to say hi from the disfunctional state of NewYork!

I have been a Bourbon fan for 3-4 years now. Knob Creek, Jefferson's and Bulliet being my favorites. A good freind of mine is a dedicated JD fan and convinced me to get a bottle of Gentleman Jack and I (not having any JD in past few years) was struck by the difference in taste. Not sure if I like it yet, I missed the toffey and oak I usually find easily in Knob Creek. I'll give it another try. Cheers...

silverfish
06-13-2009, 13:07
Welcome to the group, Blasko. I'm sitting
here in Lkpt. and have found these forums
to be very informative in my short time here.

Blasko
06-13-2009, 13:22
Rochester here....

I have read quite a bit...tons of great info. BTW the Bills training camp starts in a few weeks. ever make it into the roch area to watch? I may go this year because I hae been furloughed on Mondays. Can't wait to see the TO circus.

fishnbowljoe
06-13-2009, 20:49
Welcome to SB Blasko. JD is okay, but bourbon is a whole lot better. :grin: Almost any bourbon. :slappin: But seriously, welcome to the wonderful world of bourbon. There's a lot of information here to help you get started on your bourbon quest. Hope you have some fun and enjoy it here. Cheers! Joe

silverfish
06-14-2009, 08:03
Rochester here....
BTW the Bills training camp starts in a few weeks. ever make it into the roch area to watch? I may go this year because I hae been furloughed on Mondays. Can't wait to see the TO circus.

I have absolutely ZERO interest in football
(or any sports, for that matter) so no camp
for me. Last time I was in Roch. was a few
years back to visit with a fellow Puli (dog)
owner and pick her brain for grooming tips.

Blasko
06-14-2009, 08:52
Welcome to SB Blasko. JD is okay, but bourbon is a whole lot better. :grin: Almost any bourbon. :slappin: But seriously, welcome to the wonderful world of bourbon. There's a lot of information here to help you get started on your bourbon quest. Hope you have some fun and enjoy it here. Cheers! Joe

I gave GJ another chance last night and I think I'll be passing the bottle to my friend. No that it's bad, just he would enjoy it more. No sense in me wasting it. Had a taste of KC after and it was like welcoming home an old friend :grin: .

Blasko
06-14-2009, 08:54
I have absolutely ZERO interest in football
(or any sports, for that matter) so no camp
for me. Last time I was in Roch. was a few
years back to visit with a fellow Puli (dog)
owner and pick her brain for grooming tips.

Too bad, there is nothing quite like the delicate torture of being a Bills fan. Every year at the end of the season I swear I'll never watch another game but I always come back:lol: .