PDA

View Full Version : Maine to New York

funknik
06-15-2009, 09:03
I'm going to be heading to upstate NY for my sister's High School graduation in a couple of weeks . . . this trip will put me through Western Mass and Connecticut also . . . I know nobody wants to reveal their dusty spots (& that's fine), but anywhere with an especially good selection that I should hit up on the way through or while I'm in NY??? Looking for things I can't get around here mostly (and of course if I find any dusties (especially Turkeys) then woo-hoo). . . I'll be near Poughkeepsie I believe.

Thanks in advance!!

:woohoo:

OscarV
06-15-2009, 14:12
Are you going thru New Hampshire?
If so pick up that new Maker's Mark Commemortive Bottle honoring that state's 75 anniversary of their Liquor Control Comission.

On second thought just cruz onto NY.:rolleyes:

fishnbowljoe
06-15-2009, 14:25
Are you going thru New Hampshire?
If so pick up that new Maker's Mark Commemortive Bottle honoring that state's 75 anniversary of their Liquor Control Comission.

On second thought just cruz onto NY.:rolleyes:

Oscar, You just aren't right. :slappin: Joe

OscarV
06-15-2009, 14:28
Oscar, You just aren't right. :slappin: Joe

My Mama told me that once.

OscarV
06-16-2009, 12:01
But seriously, I can name a few in NY.

The Preimer Group has a few stores,

3445 Delaware Ave
Kenmore -OR- Buffalo 14217 (same zip for both cities)

7980 Transit Rd
Williamsville 14221

3410 Amelia Dr
Orchard Park 14127

Lisa's Liquor Barn
2157 Penfield Rd
Penfield 14526

Whitehouse Liquor
1720 Monroe Ave
Rochester 14618 (just a few miles from Lisa's)

silverfish
06-17-2009, 06:57

The Preimer Group has a few stores,

I'll second the Premiere Group - I've been to
the Wmsvl store and it's just huge. They had
bottles of the '08 BTAC there as of a few
months back. I'll be going that way this wknd
and plan to stop in and check 'em out.

funknik
06-17-2009, 11:33
Oscar, I appreciate your efforts, but all of these stores are farther away from where I'll be than Maine is.

Josh
06-20-2009, 08:30
Oscar, I appreciate your efforts, but all of these stores are farther away from where I'll be than Maine is.

The little lady and I are going to the finger lakes for some wine-ing in a couple weeks and we're going to be cutting thru Canada and coming out in Buffalo, so those all work great for us!

Thanks Oscar.

silverfish
06-20-2009, 16:31
I was able to stop by the Wmsvl Premier store
today. Picked up two bottles of 144.8 proof
Stagg (2007 I think - I mistyped when I said
2008 above) and one each of 17 Year Vintage
Bourbon, Rowan's Creek (Batch QBC No. 06-70)
and Van Winkle Special Reserve 12 Year "Lot B".

There were at least 6 bottles of the '07 Stagg
left on the shelf after I grabbed mine.

callmeox
06-20-2009, 17:06
...and you will probably see them on eBay in a week or so once the lurkers read your post. :skep:

funknik
06-28-2009, 13:08
Thanks to Awax1978 I did pick up a couple great BTAC bottles and had some dusty luck and also grabbed some bottles that I can't get anywhere around here -- they might not be too interesting, but I'll post a pic in the Purchased Today thread . . .

Everything comes at a cost, though . . . when I got to NY I was blindsided in a driveway by a runaway Dodge Ram that left the road and sent to the hospital . . . my wife's car will undoubtedly be sent to the junkyard . . . I am fine, but well rattled and feeling very lucky to be alive!

Josh
06-28-2009, 13:21
Thanks to Awax1978 I did pick up a couple great BTAC bottles and had some dusty luck and also grabbed some bottles that I can't get anywhere around here -- they might not be too interesting, but I'll post a pic in the Purchased Today thread . . .

Everything comes at a cost, though . . . when I got to NY I was blindsided in a driveway by a runaway Dodge Ram that left the road and sent to the hospital . . . my wife's car will undoubtedly be sent to the junkyard . . . I am fine, but well rattled and feeling very lucky to be alive!

Wow, that's frightening. Glad you're in one piece. Don't want our funknik going the way of Ed, Farrah, Michael, and Billy Mays! Get better, and remember the importance of medicinal whiskey:grin:

OscarV
06-28-2009, 14:18
Wow! I can't tell what kind of car that was.

Awax1978
06-28-2009, 17:59
Wow - Andy, I hope you are okay..I'm glad you found the Weller's but I could have sent them to you if the end result was going to be an unrecognizable car! Thank God you are still alive!

independant
06-28-2009, 18:13
I'm glad you found the bottles but I am really glad you are ok.

ThomasH
06-28-2009, 18:34
I'm glad your ok and hope all your bottles are too. Too bad about the car though!

Thoas

tommyboy38
06-28-2009, 19:20
I was going to make a joke about the bottles also but someone beat me to it.

Andy, I'm glad you're unharmed.