PDA

View Full Version : Absolut-ely Odd

smokinjoe
08-20-2009, 10:16
Who knew there is so much thinking going on in the Vodka department?
http://packagingdigest.com/blog/1540000754/post/1350047935.html

CygnusX-1
08-20-2009, 12:22
It says the leather clad bottle with studs is to link the drink with rock music and it turn make the coustomer feel like a rock star. I guess if your dumb enough to think a leather cover for a bottle makes you a rock star your dumb enough to drink vodka!:slappin:(and pay $50+ or whatever it goes for)

Josh
08-20-2009, 12:27
It says the leather clad bottle with studs is to link the drink with rock music and it turn make the coustomer feel like a rock star. I guess if your dumb enough to think a leather cover for a bottle makes you a rock star your dumb enough to drink vodka!:slappin:(and pay $50+ or whatever it goes for)

I'm picturing Rob Halford in a series of print ads for that bottle. How's that for metal don?

silverfish
08-20-2009, 20:02
I'm picturing Rob Halford in a series of print ads for that bottle. How's that for metal don?

That's funny - my first thought was KISS
but I figger they're too busy with M&Ms.

Maybe SPINAL TAP.

ILLfarmboy
08-20-2009, 20:17
When there's no flavor, image is all you've got.

cowdery
08-20-2009, 21:17
Clearly there is only one band for this job: Spinal Tap.

jburlowski
08-21-2009, 15:58
Every time I go into a bar I continue to be amazed at the sheer number of vodkas stocked. Even the humblest bar or mass-market chain restaurant seems to have at least four or five brands; each in the growing multitude of "flavors"

I know there are some "super tasters" out there that can tell the difference, but I'd wager that 98%+ of the public can't. Particularly since the bulk of it is drunk mixed with juice, soda, and god knows what else. I can tell the difference between a cheap, rot-gut, bottom shelf brand and a $15 bottle. But between that and a $30 / 50 /100 bottle? Give me a break.

And the trend of every minor celebrity bringing out their own "label"? Just another sign of the decline of civilization.

Rughi
08-31-2009, 08:10
I found this line in the ad copy that struck my interest:

...Introduced in 1879 as an absolutely pure vodka, made from locally grown wheat and well-water from the town of Ahus in southern Sweden and using a new distilling process called rectification...

Late 1800s new process called rectification? What did that mean to them, a column still? It certainly wasn't adding prune juice.

Roger

cowdery
08-31-2009, 10:24
I found this line in the ad copy that struck my interest:

Late 1800s new process called rectification? What did that mean to them, a column still? It certainly wasn't adding prune juice.

Roger

The column still wasn't exactly new in 1879, but I can't guess what else they mean. "Rectification" at that time did generally mean redistillation or charcoal filitering or both.