PDA

View Full Version : Hi all from Indiana

hairbag
09-22-2009, 10:11
Hi all:grin:

My girlfriend and I made the trip to Bardstown a couple of weekends ago and the bourbon fire was lit so to speak. :hot: We made it to Heaven Hill and Maker's Mark during our stay. We hope to return and visit all the stops on the Bourbon Trail. :cool:
I've looked around the board a bit and have already learned a few cool things. I hope to learn more.
Thanks
HB

Dr. François
09-22-2009, 10:20
Hello and welcome.

This is a great place to learn.

What are your favorite bourbons right now? It's worth it to write them down so you can revisit the list in a year. I'd be surprised if half of your current favorites are still on the list 12 months from now.

birdman1099
09-22-2009, 16:53
Welcome, fellow Hoosier.....:grin:

You are in for quite a journey... buckle up and hunker down !!!!

p.s. are the one taking all the OWA out of INDY?????:skep: :smiley_acbt:

Skunk
09-22-2009, 19:07
Welcome aboard (fellow Hoosier!).

This is definitely the place to get your degree in American Whiskey History and Appreciation. Is the GF also seeking her degree, or at least willing to sit in on a couple classes with you?

Skunk
09-22-2009, 19:12
p.s. are the one taking all the OWA out of INDY?????:skep: :smiley_acbt:

:rolleyes:
Not that there was much to begin with, but I've been giving everything I've seen from o6 or earlier a loving home.

Josh
09-22-2009, 19:14
Welcome aboard (fellow Hoosier!).

This is definitely the place to get your degree in American Whiskey History and Appreciation. Is the GF also seeking her degree, or at least willing to sit in on a couple classes with you?

Welcome! I'm a transplanted Hoosier myself, originally from the Northside of Indianapolis, Skunk's neighborhood actually. But I have a lot of connections to the SW quadrant of Indiana. My grandfather was from Shelburn, my dad grew up in Sullivan and I have an aunt who actually lives in Worthington currently.

Anyway, welcome to SB.com, it's a great place!

birdman1099
09-23-2009, 05:17
:rolleyes:
Not that there was much to begin with, but I've been giving everything I've seen from o6 or earlier a loving home.

Ha Ha Ha.. I should have guesed !!!:slappin:

Thanks for leaving me the one 07.....:rolleyes: :grin:

hairbag
09-24-2009, 05:04
Thanks all for the welcome. :bowdown:
My bourbon collection so far is: BT, WTRB(unopened so far), EWSB from 96(my favorite so far), FRSmB(also unopened). Last New Year's we finished off a bottle of EC 12. I plan on my collection to continue to grow not only with bourbon but other spirits as well. :drink:

are the one taking all the OWA out of INDY?????:skep: :smiley_acbt:
I didn't see OWA on the list, what does it stand for?
The GF enjoys a good drink as well. :toast:
It's nice to see someone who has heard of Worthington on here. :lol:
Thanks again
HB

CygnusX-1
09-24-2009, 13:41
I didn't see OWA on the list, what does it stand for?

HB

OWA= Old Weller Antiuqe

fishnbowljoe
09-24-2009, 15:22
Welcome aboard HB. I too am a transplanted Hoosier. Born and raised in Indy. I'm pretty sure I've been through Worthington a time or two. In my younger days I did a little amateur caving down in that part of the state. I also used to fish the strip pits down in Linton occasionally. I had a friend whose grandparents had a place down by Nashville/Brown County State Park. Spent many a weekend around Bedford, Bloomington and Oolitic. Nothing like a refreshing swim in the old stone quarries. (As long as you didn't get caught.:lol: )

Anyway, welcome to the wonderful world of bourbon. There are quite a few Hoosiers on the boards. All good folks. You're in good hands. Keep posting, and let us know how things are going. Cheers! Joe

jburlowski
09-24-2009, 16:51
Welcome to the best bourbon site on the web!

If you haven't already, check out the links at the top of this forum. One of the most useful, lists the shorthand notations used here to designate the various brands / bottlings:
http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=43&a=8

bigman
09-26-2009, 15:15
Welcome from yet another fellow Indiana resident however one who is reluctant to identify as a Hoosier, what with being from the Lafayette area, and having attended the other school and all.

Josh
09-26-2009, 21:02
Welcome from yet another fellow Indiana resident however one who is reluctant to identify as a Hoosier, what with being from the Lafayette area, and having attended the other school and all.

Hoosier by birth, Boilermaker by the grace of God.:grin:

hairbag
09-27-2009, 04:27
Thanks again for the welcomes. :cool:
I went to IU, but I'm not much of a sports fan so I'll just stay out of the rivalries. :skep:
The GF and I hit a few package stores on the way to Terre Haute and back yesterday. I picked up a 1/5 of Rock and Rye for around $9 off a clearance rack, a bottle of Old Overholt Rye, A liter of 10 high(for cooking or so we told ourselves:horseshit: ), a 1/5 of DX Vodka(that I'm going to infuse with hot peppers:hot: ), and last but not least a pint of WR.

HB