PDA

View Full Version : Ladies of the Temperance Movement

OscarV
09-26-2009, 13:20
Here is a great pic of the Ladies of the Temperance Movement.
After checking out these babes I'm glad I have plenty of bourbon bunkered away to poison my lips.

ratcheer
09-26-2009, 14:57
Indeed. Your comment reminds me of something Churchill once said. He was speaking before some sort of crowd when a woman stood up and shouted, "If you were my husband, I'd poison you!" Churchill stopped and replied, "If you were my wife, I'd take it."

Tim

ILLfarmboy
09-26-2009, 17:51
I wonder how many, if any, in that group were married. 'Cuz they look like a gaggle of bitter old maids.

Luna56
09-26-2009, 19:34
Sorry to drag the thread off topic; Churchill had some of the greatest quotes of all time and was a notorious imbiber.

We all probably remember the story about the time, while attending some party or function, he came out of the bathroom before he'd zipped up. A woman saw him and confidentially remarked, "Why, Mr. Churchill, your thing is sticking out!" Churchill's reply: "Madam, don't flatter yourself. It is HANGING out."

Cheers!

Indeed. Your comment reminds me of something Churchill once said. He was speaking before some sort of crowd when a woman stood up and shouted, "If you were my husband, I'd poison you!" Churchill stopped and replied, "If you were my wife, I'd take it."

Tim

IronHead
09-27-2009, 08:28
"Lips that touch liquor shall not touch ours"

PASS THE BOOZE!!!

Another great Churchill story was after he had made some off hand comment to a woman she said, "Sir, you're drunk?" to which he replied "Yes madam, and you're ugly. But in the morning I'll be sober."

smokinjoe
09-27-2009, 08:48
FUGLY, just Fugly.

Most of them look like ugly men dressed in drag.

:puke:

Virus_Of_Life
09-28-2009, 04:19
FUGLY, just Fugly.

Most of them look like ugly men dressed in drag.

Yep, I agree.

I still hold fast to my belief that prohibition brought on the great depression. Worst mistake this country ever made!

unclebunk
09-28-2009, 06:45
Here is a great pic of the Ladies of the Temperance Movement.
After checking out these babes I'm glad I have plenty of bourbon bunkered away to poison my lips.

Holy shit! That's my mother-in-law kneeling on the bottom left of the photograph! (Well, at least it looks like the old crow displaying her usual mug piece after she's seen me stagger in from a night at the Irish Times Pub.) :lol:

Jono
09-28-2009, 07:58
Some of the 72 virgins that await jihadists....

I bet they advocated temperence in all areas of life...if not straight out celibacy.

OscarV
09-29-2009, 12:38

Jono, that's your best post ever!
I'm not being cynical or just b.s.'ing.
That was f'ing rich.

RWBadley
09-29-2009, 16:23

Yeah, lost in translation: it wasn't 'virgins' they would receive, it was 'raisins' :slappin: