PDA

View Full Version : Forty Creek Port Wood

velocci
09-28-2009, 06:59
Hi all, what does everything think of this Canadian Whisky? Is it worth the $70 Canadian price tag?

Megawatt
09-28-2009, 16:24
Hi all, what does everything think of this Canadian Whisky? Is it worth the $70 Canadian price tag?

According to the website it is limited to 3000 bottles and only available in Ontario. It is not on the LCBO website so I guess it hasn't been released yet.

My guess is that this will be good whisky but only really "worth it" in terms of it being a limited product. You are probably paying quite a bit for exclusivity. Of course you can say the same thing about many whiskies at that price range. If you try it, do let us know!

velocci
09-29-2009, 07:17
it is available through Kittling Ridge stores.

According to the website it is limited to 3000 bottles and only available in Ontario. It is not on the LCBO website so I guess it hasn't been released yet.

My guess is that this will be good whisky but only really "worth it" in terms of it being a limited product. You are probably paying quite a bit for exclusivity. Of course you can say the same thing about many whiskies at that price range. If you try it, do let us know!

Megawatt
09-29-2009, 09:15
it is available through Kittling Ridge stores.
Do you mean online or actual stores? I have not heard of them.

butephoto
09-29-2009, 09:49
I'm a big fan of scotch whiskies matured in port casks but I'm wondering if this might overpower the lighter rye?

velocci
09-29-2009, 10:24
they have actual stores. if you go to their site, they list them.

Do you mean online or actual stores? I have not heard of them.