PDA

View Full Version : AAA 8 year old?

Edward_call_me_Ed
10-05-2009, 10:13
As I write this I am sipping some AAA 10 Star.

The other day I saw a bottle of AAA 8 year old bourbon. I didn't buy it so I can't comment on the whiskey. Has anyone else seen, heard, or, better, tasted this bottling?

Ed

jburlowski
10-05-2009, 10:34
Don't recall that iteration... could it be an export-only bottling?

DeanSheen
10-05-2009, 11:24
I mistakenly bought a AAA Ten Star here in Ohio in March. I thought it was the Ten Year because I didn't know enough about bourbon at the time to notice the distinction.

I'm not a fan of the Ten Star or the Ten Year. I gave my bottle away to someone who also didn't like it but cut it with coke to finish it. YMMV.

Josh
10-05-2009, 12:13
As I write this I am sipping some AAA 10 Star.

The other day I saw a bottle of AAA 8 year old bourbon. I didn't buy it so I can't comment on the whiskey. Has anyone else seen, heard, or, better, tasted this bottling?

Ed

Interesting. This could very well be an export-only brand. But my bourbon paranoia thinks of the impending loss of OWA's age statement and wonders if a AAA 8 y/o will be replacing the AAA 10 y/o sometime soon.:eek:

callmeox
10-05-2009, 12:25
It took exactly two hours for the paranoia to kick in. :stickpoke:

Josh
10-05-2009, 18:09
It took exactly two hours for the paranoia to kick in. :stickpoke:

Actually it was less than that. I replied almost as soon as I read the post. Good thing I don't smoke pot. Imagine how much worse I'd be!:falling: