PDA

View Full Version : I'm crazy about this place!

T Comp
10-07-2009, 20:00
All I can say is that I've always preferred reading over writing (and arithmetic) so please excuse my grand total of one post in a year and a half. A good chance I'll always be a novice but will keep visiting a couple times a day. Of course I'm also really crazy about drinking bourbon so what I have learned here, as the ad says, is priceless. I was half way serious about wine for more than a few years but have fallen hard for pours of great American Whiskeys. It's been about a year of buying, hunting and tasting with the words of "haven't you bought enough already" now echoing as a refrain around the house. I already have whiskey nervosa and yeah I also worship at the altar of Stitzel-Weller but many many others are also worthy of genuflection. I enjoy cheapies as much as high end and still waiting for that first bottled in bond that disappoints ($8.49 for Old Heaven Hill BIB, compliments of the Rite Aid in Henderson Kentucky is simply ridiculous.... and hey from my house it's less than 6 hours down Highway 41). It's been a great journey so far, thanks and trust me you'll never see anything from my stash on e-bay.

fishnbowljoe
10-07-2009, 20:28
Thad, what are you doing Saturday? Binny's south loop ain't that far away. :grin: By the way, what a freakin' great post. Probably puts into words what a lot of us go, or have gone through. Cheers brother. It's all good. Joe

Pieface
10-08-2009, 01:38
You covered it off so well there isn't much to say T Comp. Hope you post more often from here on in :cool:

tommyboy38
10-09-2009, 08:25
Looks like I have some more competition hunting for dusties around Chicago.
What's your favorie "old" whiskey that you've had so far?
I'm also a big fan of the SW whiskies and have picked up a few during my hunting trips.

T Comp
10-10-2009, 06:27
Looks like I have some more competition hunting for dusties around Chicago.
What's your favorie "old" whiskey that you've had so far?
I'm also a big fan of the SW whiskies and have picked up a few during my hunting trips.

Tommyboy, Looks like we'll meet today and we can tell of our adventures. I'm leaving my kilt at home though and wearing pants with underwear :grin:.