PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco Liquor Stores

thanson
10-15-2009, 22:26
I'm starting a new job next week that will have me flying to San Francisco a lot. I'm always thankful for the opportunity to shop outside of a control state. Can anyone point me to some well-stocked liquor stores? Mostly, I'm hoping to pick up some BTAC and VW. The local stores haven't given me much hope for this year.

sgtgto
10-15-2009, 23:31
San Francisco Wine Traders, The Cask, K&L Wines, John Walker, Blackwells Wine and Spirits, Mikes Liquors ... and of all places, the Liquid Experience in the hippie district of Haight-Ashbury. Their prices are all over the map, but I found the last 3 years of Stagg for 64$ a bottle a few months ago there.

jinenjo
10-16-2009, 10:23
+1 on K&L wines.

The new batch of BTAC has not hit the shelves here in Nor Cal, as far as I know. If you can make it to the East Bay, I'll put in a plug for Ledger's Liquors on University Ave. in Berkeley (modest walking distance from BART). Our East Bay Study Group just had a barrel proof bottling of Four Roses through their barrel program. Perhaps our captain, Rughi, can give more of the stats on it. 120.8 proof, non-chill filtered, right? Aside from this, he's got a great selection on many whiskeys of many styles.

dohidied
10-16-2009, 10:26
The new batch of BTAC has not hit the shelves here in Nor Cal, as far as I know.

Bottle Barn in Santa Rosa has everything but the Saz 18.

thanson
10-16-2009, 17:58
Thanks for all the help.