PDA

View Full Version : Best Store for Bourbon in Chicago

pangkarra
11-13-2009, 05:51
Hi, I'm moving to Chicago soon from Southern Indiana. I've enjoyed an excellent bourbon selection Southern Indiana and would like to know what are the best shops for bourbon in Chicago, specifically the western suburbs but anywhere in the city is great!

unclebunk
11-13-2009, 07:11
It's hard to beat Binny's for overall great selection and good prices. But you'll find other nice stores to visit if you hunt around. Good luck!

smokinjoe
11-13-2009, 07:27
Binny's. Arguably, the best store in the USofA.

wildcat13
11-13-2009, 07:31
I am in the Naperville area - I am a big fan of Binny's.

CajunKY
11-13-2009, 08:44
Binny's. Arguably, the best store in the USofA.

Well I wouldn't go that far......

HoosierBoozer
11-13-2009, 10:46
Please share, what were your favorite bourbon hunting spots in southern Indiana? I plan on passing through there soon.

smokinjoe
11-13-2009, 11:49
Well I wouldn't go that far......

Well, I've since argued with myself on this....and, yep....Best in the USofA. Of course, YMMV.

hectic1
11-13-2009, 12:18
I would probably have to agree with Joe here Clay...I've been to hundreds of stores and I don't think i have seen a store with Binny's selection...you might be able to get more of the "special" releases due to your proximity to the distilleries but for one store Binny's has an amazing selection of liquor.

CajunKY
11-13-2009, 12:56
Don't get me wrong guys, I think Binny's is the Cat's Pajamas. I just think for the hard to find bourbons and overall selection there are some fantastic shops out there, albeit smaller. I was really impressed with Liquor World in Bardstown, as well as some of the other shops in the area. Julio's in Mass. also has a great selection. Bottom line, Binny's is a great store and should serve anyone well. Didn't mean to get off topic.

-Clay

fishnbowljoe
11-13-2009, 15:18
Well, I can't add any more than what's already been said. Binny's. What area of Chicago are you moving to? I'm in Rockford, about 70 miles or so northeast of Chicago. If I want something special, I have to go to Binny's, or Everett's in South Beloit. For a fairly good sized city, the liquor stores in Rockford (for the most part) don't have all that much when it comes to bourbon. Let us know when you're moving. We'll have a party. :grin: Cheers. Joe

Vosgar
11-13-2009, 20:19
Well, I can't add any more than what's already been said. Binny's. What area of Chicago are you moving to? I'm in Rockford, about 70 miles or so northeast of Chicago. If I want something special, I have to go to Binny's, or Everett's in South Beloit. For a fairly good sized city, the liquor stores in Rockford (for the most part) don't have all that much when it comes to bourbon. Let us know when you're moving. We'll have a party. :grin: Cheers. Joe

Hey buddy - you may want to re-think which direction you live from Chicago. When did happy hour start today?:drink:

cowdery
11-13-2009, 20:50
He was referring to the Lost City of East Rockford, which long ago sank beneath the waves of Lake Michigan and its long war with Waukegan.

fishnbowljoe
11-13-2009, 21:09
Doh! :skep: I forgot which way I was facing. Make that 70 mile northwest of Chicago. Gary, Chuck, thanks for taking it easy on me. Joe

Josh
11-14-2009, 19:15

Hey buddy - you may want to re-think which direction you live from Chicago. When did happy hour start today?:drink:

He was referring to the Lost City of East Rockford, which long ago sank beneath the waves of Lake Michigan and its long war with Waukegan.

Paper Lace: "The Night Chicago Died"

"Daddy was a cop
On the East Side of Chicago
Back in the USA
Back in the bad old days..."