PDA

View Full Version : New from Perth, Australia

spy247
12-07-2009, 22:31
Hi All,

Just joined up. Been a big bourbon drinker for many years and love collecting the many bottlings.

I love Bourbon so much I even visited Kentucky and the distilleries.

Looking forward to checking out all the great info here.

Pieface
12-07-2009, 23:30
You're making me jealous here Spy!

You've done the distilleries, had BT hunted down and have a whiskey bar up your sleeve.

What are your favourite pours? Need to work out if you need to visit my bunker or I yours :grin: ;)

Great to see a local on the board, hope to see you post often and don't be shy - drop into the gazebo (chat) :D

HighTower
12-08-2009, 03:50
Welcome Spy.....

The Aussie population grows!!!
I see you love the good stuff!

If you ever need anything from this side of the pond just yell!

Cheers :grin:

Scott

Stones
12-08-2009, 16:57
Welcome Spy!!!

I remember that old comic strip Spy v Spy in Mad magazine... any connection to your name?

How many members is that in the Perth fraternity now?
As a moderator (Scottie/Cam) are you able to see how many members there are in Aust without trawling through the entire list?
:skep:

fishnbowljoe
12-09-2009, 15:33
Welcome to SB Spy. Nice to have another member from OZ. We have a few good members down there, so you have some company to help you along the way. Looking forward to your posts. Maybe we'll see you in the chat room on occasion. Cheers! Joe

Vosgar
12-09-2009, 21:28
Great to have you with us Spy. If you ever come to the States again, visit Chicago and we'll see about having a get together at our favorite liquor store, Binny's. There's quite a few SB members in the area and I'm sure we could use a good excuse to have another tasting!

spy247
12-09-2009, 22:07
Hi Pieface,

My fav pours are BT,WT101 and MM (the missus loves it) but on special occassions I whip out the OGD and SW.

Yes we will have to have a meet and greet soon.

spun_cookie
12-09-2009, 22:12
i know for a fact if yo make it to Morgan's... he may break out some Stag and WLW... :D

spy247
12-09-2009, 22:14
Welcome Spy!!!

I remember that old comic strip Spy v Spy in Mad magazine... any connection to your name?

How many members is that in the Perth fraternity now?
As a moderator (Scottie/Cam) are you able to see how many members there are in Aust without trawling through the entire list?
:skep:
Hi Stones,

I do remember the spy v spy comic. That was funny stuff.
I got my name from my fav band 24-7 Spyz. They're heavy but Soulfull.

spy247
12-09-2009, 22:33
Great to have you with us Spy. If you ever come to the States again, visit Chicago and we'll see about having a get together at our favorite liquor store, Binny's. There's quite a few SB members in the area and I'm sure we could use a good excuse to have another tasting!
Hi Vosgar,

I was there in May this year. I loved Chicago - architecuture is amazing and you guys do love beer and sport. How imposing is Soldier Field !

I missed on Binnys as I ran out of time. Coincidently Binnys was highly recommened to me by the tour guide from Buffalo Trace. Seems he always stocks up there when he is in town.

sailor22
12-14-2009, 09:02
Welcome Spy - great to see so many Ozzies on here.

BTW say hi to Stoner and Mladdin and tell Mat we miss him.

steve