PDA

View Full Version : New from Raleigh NC

deaconbones
12-31-2009, 14:54
Happy New Year. Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been reading for a while and have to say I really enjoy all the talk and information.

I've enjoyed Bourbon for a number of years but just recently started expanding on what I try. Can't say I really have a favorite at the moment. I've tried a lot lately including KC, Bulliet, OF86, OGDBIB, MM, Bookers, Charter 101, ETL, ERSB, BT, EC12, and RR Rye.

Our stores are limited so I am looking foward to a trip to South Carolina to add some things to my collection. The list is long.

Take care!

Westernboys
12-31-2009, 15:40
Welcome! I am fairly new myself and have enjoyed trying numerous different pours. I think that is a great way to narrow it to your favorites.

Bruce (Westernboys)

p_elliott
01-01-2010, 00:28
Happy New Year. Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been reading for a while and have to say I really enjoy all the talk and information.

I've enjoyed Bourbon for a number of years but just recently started expanding on what I try. Can't say I really have a favorite at the moment. I've tried a lot lately including KC, Bulliet, OF86, OGDBIB, MM, Bookers, Charter 101, ETL, ERSB, BT, EC12, and RR Rye.

Our stores are limited so I am looking foward to a trip to South Carolina to add some things to my collection. The list is long.

Take care!

Welcome to the site, it looks like you've tried several good bourbons and a couple I'm not too found of but too each their own. I too have the problem of having stores with limited selections but their are internet sites you can order from. Post often on the site, ask questions, give your opinions, make new friends, and have fun. Chat is Thursday and Sunday nights but you never know when someone might be in there so always look. Stop in and chat with us it's a good time. There is lots of info on here so read, read and read and again welcome aboard.

deaconbones
01-01-2010, 06:26
I'm interested in the whole vatting thing. Of the ones I have which would be good to vatt?

I looked into ordering online but shipping was ridiculous. Anyway to make it worth it? Or is that just how it is?

fishnbowljoe
01-05-2010, 12:13
Since I haven't welcomed you yet, check out this post. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=192011#post192011 Cheers! Joe

cas
01-05-2010, 13:37
NC is not a bourbon paradise, the ABC system is pretty limited. A trip to SC, Columbia or Myrtle Beach, maybe Greenville would open things up a lot. The mom and pop stores in SC can be expensive, but some interesting dusties lurk. And Greens or various chains often have a good selection and good prices.
Craig

p_elliott
01-06-2010, 07:40
I'm interested in the whole vatting thing. Of the ones I have which would be good to vatt?

I looked into ordering online but shipping was ridiculous. Anyway to make it worth it? Or is that just how it is?

Calculate what they charge for shipping for instance one place charges the same price for shipping for one bottle as they do for 2 or three. So if you buy three bottles your price for shipping per bottle is less. You may have only wanted one thing but buy two others things that are cheap that you can bunker or drink. Or go in together with some one else or several people usually the more you order the less the shipping per bottle is.

wormil
01-28-2010, 08:53
Unfortunately you can't ship whiskey to North Carolina.

Watrdawg
02-02-2010, 05:14
I'm new also. Only been on the site for a couple of weeks. So far looks great and there is a lot of good reading here. Enjoy, I am