PDA

View Full Version : Georgia boy livin' in the Philippines.

livingincebu
01-15-2010, 03:34
Howdy,

I just wanted to take some time to introduce myself to the members here. Although I have been registered on the forums for some time, I have never posted before now. Anyway, I'm Paul.

I live in Cebu Province Philippines, but originally hail from Savannah, Georgia. I have lived in the Philippines for a bit over eight years running.

Although my favorite drinks are from Lynchburg, Tennessee, I hope I will still be welcome here. :)

Thanks,

ratcheer
01-15-2010, 03:50
Sure, You are most welcome here. We will try to help you find better whiskey to drink, though. :slappin:

Tim

p_elliott
01-15-2010, 04:19
Welcome aboard, I'm glad you finally decided to post. It was nice to chat with you for the short time this morning/evening. I hope you find time to post more often and find something better to drink than JD or scotch :grin: .You may have to come back to to GA.

fishnbowljoe
01-17-2010, 18:29
Welcome aboard Paul. I'm not sure, but you may be our first member in the Philippines. Cool. It's always nice to get input from different places. Speaking of which, what bourbons are available to you there? I saw that you mentioned Tennessee whiskey. Jack I presume? That's okay. Heck, I'm forced to drink JB at times. :skep: What can I say? Jack, Jim? :slappin: It's all good. Hope you enjoy yourself here. Joe

livingincebu
01-18-2010, 21:03
Speaking of which, what bourbons are available to you there? I saw that you mentioned Tennessee whiskey. Jack I presume? That's okay. Heck, I'm forced to drink JB at times. :skep: What can I say? Jack, Jim? :slappin: It's all good. Hope you enjoy yourself here. Joe

Jack and Jim are available here, readily. I buy my Jack Daniel's, typically, by the case - wholesale. It costs me Php (Philippine Peso) 740 per liter, or about $15.81 USD, currently. Does anyone know the current cost of a liter of Jack Daniel's in the US? I am just curious.

There are a variety of other spirits that are imported as well. Here is a photo to show you we aren't completely dry here :) :

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/uploads/1240182462/gallery_180_48289.jpg

That is a photo of a friend's bar at his resort (Secret Cove) on Camiguin Island, just off the north coast of Mindanao, here in the Philippines.

flsean
01-24-2010, 02:57
Jack and Jim are available here, readily. I buy my Jack Daniel's, typically, by the case - wholesale. It costs me Php (Philippine Peso) 740 per liter, or about $15.81 USD, currently. Does anyone know the current cost of a liter of Jack Daniel's in the US? I am just curious.

There are a variety of other spirits that are imported as well. Here is a photo to show you we aren't completely dry here :) :

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/uploads/1240182462/gallery_180_48289.jpg

That is a photo of a friend's bar at his resort (Secret Cove) on Camiguin Island, just off the north coast of Mindanao, here in the Philippines.

Wow, that is a much bigger selection than I would have expected. I didn't think I'd see the bottles of Ardbeg and Laphroaig sitting on the top shelf there.

Welcome as well, from another rookie.

callmeox
01-24-2010, 07:33

Welcome to the forum!

A liter of JD black label in Ohio runs about $33.00 with taxes included, so that's a great price.

spun_cookie
01-24-2010, 08:47
Welcomeand nice little bar to pull from. Look forward toyour over seas bourbon adventure

p_elliott
01-25-2010, 08:13
Hey guys looks like a trip to the Philippines is in order.