PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from NC

Watrdawg
01-25-2010, 14:54
Hello Everyone,

I just found the site today and really look forward to browsing through it. I love a good bourbon on the rocks or just neat. So far Makers Mark is my preferred brand but I'm always trying out new brands. A good bourbon is a good bourbon regardless of the name as far as I'm concerned. No prejudices one way or the other.

tsangster
01-25-2010, 16:03
Greetings. Don't suppose you're a duck hunter?

Watrdawg
01-25-2010, 20:18
Definitely a duck hunter. I also run my dog in hunt tests and field trials. Do you duck hunt also?

Josh
01-25-2010, 20:40
Welcome Watrdawg! I like your "no-prejudices" attitude.

I don't hunt ducks, but I enjoy eating them. I actually cooked one tonight with an Evan Williams Honey Reserve glaze. It was mad tasty.

Sorry, I get chatty when I'm on my second drink of the night. Welcome again, and enjoy the journey!

GOCOUGS2002
01-25-2010, 21:42
Welcome! Don't worry, I was once a one or two bourbon guy then I found this place and have so much bourbon my wife doesn't know what to do with me. I'll just continue to drink until she figures it out...

tsangster
01-26-2010, 06:25
Definitely a duck hunter. I also run my dog in hunt tests and field trials. Do you duck hunt also?

I wish. Ducks are few and far between around here. I run the occasional hunt test.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/tsangster_photo/PorterSH.jpg

p_elliott
01-26-2010, 08:47
I wish. Ducks are few and far between around here. I run the occasional hunt test.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/tsangster_photo/PorterSH.jpg

That's to bad Tom we have Duck's and especially geese up the wazoo here just short on bourbon. Live on the Missouri water way lots of water fowl. Nice looking dog by the way.

p_elliott
01-26-2010, 08:54
Hello Everyone,

I just found the site today and really look forward to browsing through it. I love a good bourbon on the rocks or just neat. So far Makers Mark is my preferred brand but I'm always trying out new brands. A good bourbon is a good bourbon regardless of the name as far as I'm concerned. No prejudices one way or the other.

Welcome to the site, it's good you have no prejudices so that means you can try them all which is what you should do. Have a good time on the site do a lot of reading, chat with people make some new friends, post often, have some fun. Stop into chat (the gazebo) we have a lot of fun in there it's officially Thursday and Sunday but lately it's been every night.

Watrdawg
01-26-2010, 14:19
Thanks Everyone!

I'm always interested in trying a new libation!!:cool:

Tsangster, Good looking dog!! Sorry to hear about the lack of ducks. I hunt a good bit near our coast and we usually have a good number of ducks. All depends upon the weather up north though.

Here's a couple of pics of my hunting buddy.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/h2odog/digital1465.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/h2odog/digital1467.jpg

fishnbowljoe
01-26-2010, 16:12
Welcome to SB Jim. I like your "no prejudice" attitude too. As a few of us might say,"It's all good!" :grin: MM was my starter bourbon too. I think a lot of us have that in common. MM is good, but there's a lot of tasty stuff out there. That said, I still will always have at least one bottle of MM on hand. Anyway, I hope you have a good time here on the site. Like I have said many times, good folks, good bourbon, and good times. Have fun. Cheers. Joe

PS. I agree, nice looking dog.

tsangster
01-26-2010, 16:21
Congrats on qualifying for the Master National! The brown dog in the picture is senior titled. Hope to try for Master this year if I can get in some quality training. Also have a black dog that I hope to run in field trials some day.

If you make it to one of the Atlanta Retriever Club events look me up. I'm usually around somewhere - setting up, marshalling, gunning, getting in the way, etc.

tsangster
01-26-2010, 16:24
That's to bad Tom we have Duck's and especially geese up the wazoo here just short on bourbon. Live on the Missouri water way lots of water fowl. Nice looking dog by the way.

Some time before I get too old I'm going to head out your way for duck, geese and pheasant. Thanks for the head's up on bourbon availability. Now I know to bring my own.

Watrdawg
01-26-2010, 18:35
Tom,

Thanks on the Master National congrats. I hear the Atlanta Retriever club is a good one. I have an 8mth old black dog that we'll be running derbies with come spring. I'm sure we'll head down your way.

I started out with MM. I like Knob Creek, Woodford, WT Rare Breed and Select. I like Bookers but that is what I would definitely call a "sippin whiskey!!" Has a nice kick at the end. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about bourbons and tasting as many as possible. One of my favorite things to do after a duck hunt, after the guns have been put up is to hit the flask and light up a cigar. It's going to be fun trying out all that is out there.

p_elliott
01-27-2010, 07:37
Some time before I get too old I'm going to head out your way for duck, geese and pheasant. Thanks for the head's up on bourbon availability. Now I know to bring my own.

SW Iowa has always been known for it's pheasant hunting but the last several years it's not been so good. Some people blame the raccoons, others blame the turkeys, while others have just blamed the weather. What ever the cause the pheasant numbers are down and aren't getting better. Now you want to do some turkey hunting or white tail deer we have tons of them and they're big corn fed ones.