PDA

View Full Version : Georgian in Michigan

RamblinWreck007
02-09-2010, 11:25
Greetings from Ann Arbor, MI.

Born and raised in North Georgia, lived in Atlanta, Boston, and now here.

I had two roommates in college from Lexington, KY and they're the ones who introduced me to good bourbon.

Glad I found this website and hope to keep learning and finding new and interesting things.

CorvallisCracker
02-09-2010, 11:33
I had two roommates in college from Lexington, KY and they're the ones who introduced me to good bourbon.

Excellent. Another successful recruit from the Jägermeister Generation!

Welcome to SB.com.

smokinjoe
02-09-2010, 12:29
For about 60 years people have been leaving Michigan and coming down here. Now, you up and reverse the trend! What the heck are you thinkin'!!! :D But, you're in good hands, as I'll personally vouch for the many fine folks on SB.Com who are in the Mitten. Welcome aboard, and have a good time!
Cheers!

Josh
02-09-2010, 14:48
Hello Ramblin' Wreck! Welcome to The Family. :grin:

We have a strong pack of Bourbon Hounds up here, and several of them live out your way, including a Big Dog.

I'm sure by now, you're aware of A & L, too. They're good folks who make the best of a control-state situation out there. If they don't have it and can't get it, it can't be got.

We get together frequently on a more formal basis and we have also been known to get together for a drink or two on a less formal basis.

Welcome again, and don't be a stranger!:grin:

flsean
02-09-2010, 15:33
Welcome to the boards! Hope your using your bourbon stocks to keep you warm up there.

fishnbowljoe
02-09-2010, 15:56
Welcome to SB Wreck! As previously mentioned, you're in the midst of a good group of members up there in Michigan. Just don't let them con you into giving up a bottle of bourbon for dues. :skep: That comes to me. :slappin: But seriously......welcome aboard. Lot's of good things to be learned and shared amongst the members. Hope you enjoy it here. Cheers! Joe

Special Reserve
02-09-2010, 19:26
RW,

Welcome to SB.

My in laws were from Georgia, came north about 70 years ago.

AA has a handful of good stores. I'm not a big fan of A & L at one time they would advertise that they charged the state minimum but they put a premium on upper shelf products.

Will

Josh
02-09-2010, 19:37
RW,

AA has a handful of good stores. I'm not a big fan of A & L at one time they would advertise that they charged the state minimum but they put a premium on upper shelf products.

Will

Oh yeah, forgot about that.:lol:

OscarV
02-10-2010, 02:23
Greetings from Ann Arbor, MI.

Born and raised in North Georgia,

Welcome aboard.
A Mitten raised 'Bama boy here, but spent the summers of my youth in Alabama.
Until '96 I lived next door in Ypsilanti and spent a lot of time in Ann Arbor, still do.
For some good down home food prepared with flare I would suggest Zingerman's Roadhouse on Jackson Ave.
They have bourbon to.:grin:

RamblinWreck007
02-10-2010, 13:05
Welcome aboard.
A Mitten raised 'Bama boy here, but spent the summers of my youth in Alabama.
Until '96 I lived next door in Ypsilanti and spent a lot of time in Ann Arbor, still do.
For some good down home food prepared with flare I would suggest Zingerman's Roadhouse on Jackson Ave.
They have bourbon to.:grin:

My wife and I have been here a year and are quite fond of Zingerman's. And yes, they do have a fabulous bourbon selection. First time I ever tried a Van Winkle was there.

cas
02-10-2010, 13:46
Well I'm down the road in Saline, moved here from South Carolina almost 4 years ago. There are a few places in town with good selections and generally better prices than A&L. Best to visit them all and see what's around.
Craig

whskylvr
02-10-2010, 13:47
Welcome aboard Wreck!! A wealth of info here.
I have family in the U P Iron Mountain. Great olace to visit especial Lake Antione. (Watch out for the trolls)

So southern boys raised living in Michigan. Sounds like the perfect match for some RED STAGG
isn't Kid (country) Rock promoting this?:slappin: :slappin:

cas
02-10-2010, 13:49
Am I mistaken ... or isn't Kid Rock a MI guy?
Craig

Special Reserve
02-10-2010, 15:15
Kid Rock is from MI.

My nephew was in a bar/restaurant in Dearborn Kid Rock came into the bar, so my nephew goes up to him and offers to buy him a beer. Kid Rock bought a round for the bar. I thought that was pretty cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_rock

whskylvr
02-10-2010, 16:16
Kid Rock is from Michigan. He is a great guy.

I was trying to make a joke because he's promoting RED STAGG
Kinda thought RED STAGG was Michigan's go to Whiskey.

OscarV
02-11-2010, 14:09
Kinda thought RED STAGG was Michigan's go to Whiskey.

MI #1 selling brand is Capt Morgan Spiced Rum.
#1 selling catagory is Canadian whiskey.

BigRich
02-12-2010, 06:32
Welcome to the forum. My college roommate down here actually made the opposite migration from Ann Arbor to GA Tech.

RamblinWreck007
02-12-2010, 16:52
MI #1 selling brand is Capt Morgan Spiced Rum.
#1 selling catagory is Canadian whiskey.

Canadian Whisky? In Michigan? With Hiram Walker right across the Detroit River?

I'm shocked, Shocked! /Capt. Renault