PDA

View Full Version : Noob from Delmarva

euchre
02-15-2010, 15:59
Hi All,

After touring the Jack Daniel's distillery recently I've decided to try some whiskeys. So far I've had JD and Maker's Mark. The Maker's Mark is more to my liking.

I'm anxious to try some others mentioned in this forum.

tom

SMOWK
02-15-2010, 16:35
Hi All,

After touring the Jack Daniel's distillery recently I've decided to try some whiskeys. So far I've had JD and Maker's Mark. The Maker's Mark is more to my liking.

I'm anxious to try some others mentioned in this forum.

tom

I too am from this so called Delmarva. Welcome.

fishnbowljoe
02-16-2010, 21:28
Welcome to SB Tom. Maker's Mark is a decent bourbon. I think I can safely say that it was a starter bourbon for more than a few folks on the site. Myself included. :rolleyes: I have a few helpful hints for you. Do a little searching in the history of some of the threads. Lot's of good info. There's a couple of threads about bourbons and ryes for beginners that might be of particular interest to you. Check out the makers icon on the start page. You can check out each of the distilleries websites to find out more about them. Such as, where they are located, and what bourbons they produce. Keep posting. Let us know your bourbon experiences. Official chats are Thursday and Sunday nights, but you never know when folks might pop in for a chat. Hope you enjoy yourself here at SB. Cheers! Joe

euchre
02-17-2010, 18:42
Thanks for the warm welcome, Joe. I'll definitely follow your suggestions.

Tonight I tried Gentleman Jack (not too bad, more to my liking than JD) and Knob Creek (no thanks). These were the only two I could find in miniatures at our county liquor dispensary. I'm going to have to visit Delaware or another county in MD for more selection.

SMOWK
02-17-2010, 19:03
I just suggested via PM that Euchre make a trip about a half hour away to visit my bunker. Not a whole lot open currently, but that can always change.

Any other Delmarvans in the forum, please come visit.

p_elliott
02-18-2010, 07:36
Smowk that's a generous solution to his problem.

Euchre Welcome to the site I would take Smowk up on his offer it's a good way to learn about bourbon is to have someone guide you through their bunker. Do a lot of reading on the site, ask as many questions as you want we never get tired of them. Do as Joe said come join us in chat it's the gazebo at the top of the main forum page. Have fun and make some new friends.

euchre
02-18-2010, 16:40
Thanks Smo, I appreciate the invitation.