PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

CaptainQ
02-23-2010, 18:03
Hello to everyone from yet another Washingtonian, Seattle to be exact. This forum has been such the treasure trove of information for me so far that I had to sign up and introduce myself.

I have enjoyed bourbon for many years(Crown Royal mostly), but I was really into wine and single malt Scotch until a buddy of mine visited Kentucky two years ago and brought back a bottle of PVW20 and let me taste some. Holy crap! That doesn't taste like Jim Beam. Now I'm hooked.

It's very frustrating to live in a control state and be a bourbon lover. I have made all the rounds to state run liqour stores tracking down bottles to add to the stash. Hopefully things will change for the better sooner. It's so hard to read the forum and see how lucky some of you folks are with the selections available to you. Spoiled I say!

I'd like to shout out to member sgtgto for his excellent advise on Olivers Twist. Been there twice now and tried the FRSB and AHH16. Thanks!

My good deed as a new member was to instruct another new member, derevaun, to the whereabouts of a local bottle of EVSB. Glad you found it!

Favorite pour right now, Weller Antique 107, good stuff right there.

Glad to be here. Cheers,
Dave

Odiedog52
02-23-2010, 20:18
Welcome! I'm new here .. But also from WA (Puyallup to be exact). I'm stationed in NC for another 6 months so I haven't had to deal with WA liquor stores yet .. But many online retailers ship to WA! Just an option, so you can track down some different bottles :)

CorvallisCracker
02-24-2010, 10:47
I have enjoyed bourbon for many years(Crown Royal mostly),

I happened to be sipping some WTRB when I read that. Do you have any idea how much it hurts to have 108 proof whiskey coming outta your nose?

a buddy of mine visited Kentucky two years ago and brought back a bottle of PVW20 and let me taste some. Holy crap! That doesn't taste like Jim Beam.

No, it doesn't, for a whole bunch of reasons.

It's very frustrating to live in a control state and be a bourbon lover.

Yes, it is. FYI, Oregon is a control state as well (I got the impression, from the PM you sent me, that you didn't know that).

My good deed as a new member was to instruct another new member, derevaun, to the whereabouts of a local bottle of EVSB. Glad you found it!

Good for you! And welcome to SB.com!

DeanSheen
02-24-2010, 11:27
Welcome to unlurk status.

Watch your wallet and be wary of words like dusty, limited, and bunker if you wish to keep your sanity.

Just a heads up, Crown isn't bourbon, it's Candian Whiskey.

CaptainQ
02-24-2010, 12:01
Sorry about the bourbon nostril burn CC. My bad as I should have said whiskey, chock that one up to bourbon on the brain.

Thanks for the welcome DS. My wallet is already much lighter and not a dusty in sight!

Josh
02-24-2010, 12:32
Welcome cap'n! We got some good members up there so you're in good hands, I assure you.

post early and often, and even late if you have to!

fishnbowljoe
02-24-2010, 14:23
Welcome to the boards Dave. Glad to have you. Getting your first real intro into bourbon with Pappy 20 is a heck of a way to start. :bigeyes: Looks like you had a few since then. OWA 107 is a pretty good bourbon to have as a favorite. It's a pretty darn good pour. I really like all the Weller line.

The gazebo is our chat room. Official chats are Thursday and Sunday nights, but you never know when folks might be there. So, with that said, looking forward to your posts, and by all means stop in to chat some time. Cheers! Joe

BigRich
02-25-2010, 07:14
Welcome aboard. It's always good to see new folks.