PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for having me!

WinkyB
03-01-2010, 07:40
Hey everybody, new guy from Richmond, VA. Just learning to really appreciate the finer tastes of bourbon. Got a couple of ABC stores (that's what we call'em round these parts) within a few miles of the homestead. Nice selections there too.

So I've started my "bourbon journey". I decided to branch out from my usual whiskeys - mostly Gentlemen Jack and George Dickel-12 and find some good bourbons. I would tell you which ones I've tried already, but I don't want to bore you pros with my blabbering.

What? Too late for that already right... :slappin:

Okay, I'm gonna do some reading and enjoy the site for awhile.

Thanks again!!!

p_elliott
03-01-2010, 08:00
Welcome to the site, nice to see you decided to move up from Tennessee whiskey to bourbon (that will start an argument or two). You will not bore us telling us what you have tried quite the contrary we love to here that stuff. Tell what you have tried what you liked and didn't like and why and why not. Ask as many questions as you like and post your opinions. Official chat( the gazebo) is Thursday and Sunday nights but you never know when some of us might be in there ( it says at the bottom of the main forum page) so stop in and join us it's lots of fun. Enjoy the site read and learn have fun make some new friends.

ggilbertva
03-01-2010, 08:29
Welcome from NoVA. Enjoy, read as much as you can and post questions as you see fit. Welcome to Bourbon.

independant
03-01-2010, 17:35
Welcome from another fellow Virginian. Good to have you.

fishnbowljoe
03-01-2010, 19:45
Welcome to SB. You should go ahead and let us know what bourbons you've already tried. Heck, we all blabber. :grin: Some more than others. :lol: Which reminds me..... There I go again. :rolleyes:

Go ahead and let er' rip Winky. That's why we're here. Share your experiences with us, and we can get a better idea of who you are. It could also help with bourbon recommendations and other things as well. Sit back, have some fun and enjoy. Cheers! Joe

WinkyB
03-02-2010, 10:38
Welcome to SB. You should go ahead and let us know what bourbons you've already tried. Heck, we all blabber. :grin: Some more than others. :lol: Which reminds me..... There I go again. :rolleyes:

Go ahead and let er' rip Winky. That's why we're here. Share your experiences with us, and we can get a better idea of who you are. It could also help with bourbon recommendations and other things as well. Sit back, have some fun and enjoy. Cheers! Joe

Thanks for the welcome folks! You're a very hospitable bunch. I like that!:grin:

Okay so I've been trying a few bourbons. Where should I post my thoughts? Limited they may be... There's a tasting forum and a bourbon discussion forum. I guess the tasting forum?

fishnbowljoe
03-02-2010, 14:25
Thanks for the welcome folks! You're a very hospitable bunch. I like that!:grin:

Okay so I've been trying a few bourbons. Where should I post my thoughts? Limited they may be... There's a tasting forum and a bourbon discussion forum. I guess the tasting forum?

The tasting forum would be one place. We also have a chat room. Official chats are Thursday and Sunday nights, but it seems that lately there have been folks stopping in pretty much every night. You could also take a look through some old threads. Maybe something you want to post about has a thread that is still active. Joe