PDA

View Full Version : Pleased to meet you

Ultra
03-01-2010, 10:31
I just realized I have never done the proper introductions. Shame on me.

My name is Charlie. I own a pizzeria in Hillman Mi. I am a proud to be a member of the forum. I have been in many a forum over the years and own one of my own. www.autopuzzles.com (http://www.autopuzzles.com) Check it out if you are into cars.

I enjoy spirits of all kinds and am currently attempting to purchase a tavern north of Alpena Mi. If I get it I will take it to around 50 bourbons stocked on the shelves guys and gals. If that happens you will here about it here at SB.

Here is a list of the Whiskeys currently open in my bar in my basement:

Bourbon

Bulleit
Wild Turkey 101
Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit
Woodford Reserve
Jim Beam
Jim Beam Black 8 yr
Henry McKenna BIB 10 yr Single Barrel
Old Grand Dad BIB
Old Grand Dad 114
Old Forester Birthday Bourbon
Old Forester (86 proof)
Old Forrester Signature bourbon
Old Charter 10 yr
Basil Hayden 8 yr
Evan Williams Single Barrel 1997
Evan Williams Single Barrel 2000
Ezra B. 12 year old
Ezra Brooks
Elmer T Lee
Buffalo Trace
Eagle Rare 10 yr
Fighting Cock
Elijah Craig 12 yr
Elijah Craig 18 yr
Bookers
George T Stagg 2009 15 yr old Uncut and Unfiltered
Woodford Reserve Masters Collection Seasoned Oak Finish
Russell's Reserve 10 yr
Weller Special Reserve 7 yr
Weller 107 NAS
Makers Mark Red Wax
Rebel Yell Reserve
Jefferson's Presidential Reserve 17 yr
Hancock Reserve
Rock Hill Farms
Jefferson's Reserve
Parker Beam's golden anniversary bourbon
Sam Houston
Charter 101
Ancient Age 10 star
Old Fitzgerald

Tennessee

Jack Daniels Single Barrel
Gentlemen Jack
Jack Daniels
George Dickel #12

Rye

Wild Turkey 101
Russell's Reserve 6 yr
Thomas Handy Sazerac Rye 2009 6 yr old uncut and unfiltered
Rittenhouse Rye 25yr

Wheat

Bernheim's Wheat Whiskey

American

Rogue Dead Guy
Seagram's 7
Kessler

Scotch

Single Malt

Glenlivet 21 yr Archive
Glenmorangie Port 12 yr
Glenmorangie Sherry 12 yr
Glenmorangie Madeira 12 yr
Glenmorangie Burgundy 12 yr
Glendronach 12 yr
McClellan 10 yr Sherry Finish
Caol Ila 14 yr
Talisker 10 yr
Lagavulin 16 yr
Glenfiddich 12 yr
Glenlivet Nadurra 16 yr
Yamazaki 12 yr

Blended

Chivas Regal Royal Salute 21 yr
Chivas Regal 12
Dewar's White
Johnnie Walker Black

Irish

Redbreast 12
Bushmills
Blackbush
Bushmills 16
Jameson
Jameson 12 yr
Tullamore Dew
The Irishman Single Malt

Canadian

Forty Creek Port Wood Reserve
Forty Creek Double Barrel Reserve
Forty Creek Barrel Select
CC 8 yr w/Sherry finish
Crown Royal

The basement bar is also stocked with a full selection of various spirits as one would likely find in a good tavern or restaurant. Drop by and have a drink with me or get a pizza. I look forward to getting to know you.

Dramiel McHinson
03-01-2010, 12:16
Welcome aboard Ultra. Judging from your extensive list of spirits, I'd say you came to the right place. I look forward to reading your posts!

Ultra
03-01-2010, 13:29
Added a ri, Laird's 7.5 yr old Apple Brandy and a Michael Collins today with some Bourbons due in later this week.

Thanks for the welcome, Dram.

Josh
03-01-2010, 13:59
Added a ri, Laird's 7.5 yr old Apple Brandy and a Michael Collins today with some Bourbons due in later this week.

Thanks for the welcome, Dram.

I'm a big fan of Laid's, if you've never had it, you're in for a treat. And quite a bar! Better selection than most liquor stores I've seen in this state. I see you've waded into the PR&C forum too. :grin: It can get intense there, but I try not to take things too seriously.

Welcome! If I'm ever up your way, I'll stop in for a pizza.

UPDATE: I went back and edited this post but I had to unedit it, cause Joe's was too funny.

Ultra
03-01-2010, 14:04
I'm a big fan of Laid's, if you've never had it, you're in for a treat. And quite a bar! Better selection than most liquor stores I've seen in this state. I see you've waded into the PR&C forum too. :grin: It can get intense there, but I try not to take things too seriously.

A couple of those bottles came from out of state. Many I have had to order into the local liquor stores. I am familiar with Michigan's Liquor catalog. The Four roses should be in this week or next. Read about that being available on here and ordered some. Just took a taste of the Laird's right out of the bottle. Damn fine stuff and goes along with everything I've read about it.

I have been in many a political fracas on the forums. I am not afraid. :grin:

smokinjoe
03-01-2010, 14:06

I'm quite a big fan of Laid, too. I even remember the first time I tried Laid. It was great, but wow did it go fast. I highly recommend that if you have never tried it, you should hurry up and do so. Josh is right, you're in for a treat! I wonder if there's a possibility that I can get some laid tonight? Let me look. :D

ILLfarmboy
03-01-2010, 14:06
Welcom Ultra,

You've got one hell of a selection in your home bar. Awesome! The only thing I see missing is Baby Saz.

I wish you good luck with your buisness ventures.

Josh
03-01-2010, 14:11
I'm quite a big fan of Laid, too. I even remember the first time I tried Laid. It was great, but wow did it go fast. I highly recommend that if you have never tried it, you should hurry up and do so. Josh is right, you're in for a treat! I wonder if there's a possibility that I can get some laid tonight? Let me look. :D

:slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin:

doubleblank
03-01-2010, 15:16
Heck.....I might even trade a Van Blankle for some Laid. But not those older bottlings, something younger.

Randy

fishnbowljoe
03-01-2010, 15:21
Welcome to SB Charlie. I must admit you posted one heck of an introduction. Have some fun and enjoy it here. Cheers! Joe

I might have to try some Laid. :rolleyes: A case would last me a really long time. :slappin:

ErichPryde
03-01-2010, 15:33
leave it to the younger guys, Joe... not sure you'd get up off the couch for a case of such a thing. :bigeyes:

CorvallisCracker
03-01-2010, 15:35
Yep, one little typo and they're on you like a pack of wolves.

I'm so glad I never make misteaks.

bonneamie
03-01-2010, 20:00
Welcome, Ultra. We will try to stop by when we're up that way--we spend our up north days at Walloon Lake and environs. In fact, we need to organize an Up North bourbon tasting sometime this summer.

Ultra
03-02-2010, 00:52
I get over the Walloon Lake way a bit myself on the bike. Villa Ristorante, Pearls and Red Mesa Grille are good places to eat. Pearls, in Elk Rapids, has a bourbon club and a bourbon menu with a decent selection. Let me know when you are up. Maybe we can meet up and have a glass or two.

p_elliott
03-02-2010, 08:46
Welcome Charlie just what we need another member from Michigan :grin:. Seriously you fell into a great bunch up there they have get togethers all the time. If you get the bar do one thing don't use those pourers in the whiskey keep them corked. Maybe the Michigan boys and girls will help you open it in style. You have a better selection of whiskey than either of the liquor stores I shop at. Chat is officially Thursday and Sunday nights but is open all the time you never know when someone might be in so stop on by.

Ultra
03-10-2010, 15:25
The Four Roses, Four Roses Single Barrel and Four Roses Small Batch came in today. I am really impressed with my initial impressions of this stuff.

OscarV
03-10-2010, 15:28
Hey there Ultra (if that is your real name:grin: ) welcome aboard, I'm in the southern mid part of lower MI.

TNbourbon
03-10-2010, 18:53
Heck.....I might even trade a Van Blankle for some Laird. But not those older bottlings, something younger.

Randy
Hint: if you don't take him up on that offer, you don't REALLY belong here, despite that impressive list of bar-toppers! (Just trust me:pope:.)

sailor22
03-11-2010, 07:33
Welcome, always good to have another bike rider here. Nice line up of juice by the way.

Tennessee Dave
03-16-2010, 16:43
Welcome and enjoy yourself here.

Ultra
03-23-2010, 15:14
My Sazerac finally came!!!!!

Ultra
04-07-2010, 14:41
Old Crow Reserve, Corner Creek and Old Ezra came in today. Lots of new flavors to try tonight after the pizzeria closes.

ErichPryde
04-07-2010, 17:59
My Sazerac finally came!!!!!

I assume you're talking about the regular sazerac rye- have you had a chance to try the Thomas Handy Sazerac? Not sure if you're a big rye fan or not...

EDIT: Nevermind. I see that you have the 2009 bottling on your list. :D good stuff.

Stu
04-07-2010, 23:55
Hint: if you don't take him up on that offer, you don't REALLY belong here, despite that impressive list of bar-toppers! (Just trust me:pope:.)

Charlie,

I second what Tim said! Van Blank is Randy's personal bottling of Van Winkle.

unclebunk
04-08-2010, 07:54
A few weekends ago my friends and I had a "rye night" and did a tasting of Michter's 10 Year Old Single Barrel Rye (which is actually much older than 10 years), Sazerac Rye (aka "Baby Saz"), Thomas Handy Sazerac Rye and Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye. The last two were the clear winners, though we enjoyed them all immensely. We also cracked open a dusty bottle of Rittenhouse from 1980 which was okay but not a knockout due to its relative young age in comparison to the others. I don't know how deep you're into rye, Ultra, but you might want to grab some of the less expensive stuff too, like Rittenhouse BIB and WT Rye, which offer great flavor and even greater value for your hard earned dollars.

Ultra
04-13-2010, 11:28
My ORVW 12 finally came in!!!!!

:D

p_elliott
04-14-2010, 08:47
My ORVW 12 finally came in!!!!!

:D

I'm not familiar with a ORVW 12 do you mean VW SR 12 Lot B, AKA Lot B ?

unclebunk
04-14-2010, 08:50
I'm not familiar with a ORVW 12 do you mean VW SR 12 Lot B, AKA Lot B ?

That's what I was thinking. Great juice, by the way. Enjoy your bottle, Ultra!

Ultra
04-14-2010, 10:43
Lot B it is. I have had the bourbon before so I know I am gonna enjoy this one.

unclebunk
04-14-2010, 11:32
Lot B it is. I have had the bourbon before so I know I am gonna enjoy this one.

I really enjoy it too but I once had it in a head-to-head with PVW15 and from that point on decided to spend the few extra sheckles for the PVW15. But you can't go wrong either way, that's for sure.

Ultra
04-14-2010, 12:06
I have had a hard time getting my hands on a PVW 15. If I could get it I would. Costs and all, I am not afraid to buy bourbon if it is good.