PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Mist

thanis
03-09-2010, 18:17
Anyone else try this stuff?

Continuing my enjoyable task of trying it all, finished a 50 ML of Canadian Mist today. Tastes like whiskey. It is a whiskey. It does not cost much in any size. Would be fine as a mix, but I think plenty of others to consider.

Glad I found it in a 50 ML. Would drink it again, if someone else was buying.

Winner still Jim Beam white (esp. if prepped by a Johnnie Walker red).

Not saying those are the best I've ever had, only that combo is my favorite so far in the last two weeks.

So far Jack Daniels #7, Jim Beam white, Johnnie Walker red, Canadian Mist, Seagrams 7, & Royal Crown).

PS - Had some Johnnie and Jim after the Canadian Mist. Much better.

Dramiel McHinson
03-14-2010, 18:51
[quote=thanis;199465]Anyone else try this stuff?

quote]

I used to drink it a lot in the mid 70's. My tastes have changed a lot since then. I recently got a couple of 50ml to try again. Primarily, I need to find something light that my wife will drink. She loves Crown Royal so I wanted to try something close to CR but cheaper in price.

The Canadian Mist was very light in taste and easy on the palate. I like the bolder more complex bourbons and scotch but the wife was pleased enough that I've considered buying the 1.75 liter for her(only $20 here).

Megawatt
03-15-2010, 16:36
[quote=thanis;199465]Anyone else try this stuff?

quote]

I used to drink it a lot in the mid 70's. My tastes have changed a lot since then. I recently got a couple of 50ml to try again. Primarily, I need to find something light that my wife will drink. She loves Crown Royal so I wanted to try something close to CR but cheaper in price.

The Canadian Mist was very light in taste and easy on the palate. I like the bolder more complex bourbons and scotch but the wife was pleased enough that I've considered buying the 1.75 liter for her(only $20 here).

I think another good option for a Crown Royal substitute is Seagram's VO. It is from the same distillery and has a similar profile but just lacks the richness and relative complexity of CR. Still, I was surprised by how decent it was when I had it around Christmas.

thanis
03-17-2010, 11:45
I can just enjoy the scents of most whiskeys, and that was the case with Canadian Mist. It was the taste that did little.

Even in a mix, as was stated more eloquently by others, I've always liked whiskeys that offered something bolder / complex. When I drink something like Canadian Mist, I feel like a snob as I really can't appreciate it, and would rather have a mai tai.

I have to think about it (and by that continue the wonderful hobby), because maybe I don't really like whiskey taste per say, but enjoy the other flavors or some other quality provided by whiskey.

loose proton
03-17-2010, 19:11
...but enjoy the other flavors or some other quality provided by whiskey.
hum, alcohol????????????????