PDA

View Full Version : hello from northern california

spiritsmith
03-23-2010, 10:18
I have enjoyed reading many great threads so far and look forward to reading many more.
Cheers,
BW

sku
03-23-2010, 10:31
Welcome. Where in NorCal are you? Any favorite Bourbons?

OscarV
03-23-2010, 10:42
I have enjoyed reading many great threads so far and look forward to reading many more.
Cheers,
BW

Besides reading be sure to post early and often.
Is it OK to drink something other than wine in No-Cal?:grin:

sailor22
03-23-2010, 10:43
Some great Brandy is produced in NorCal.

Glad to have you along.

spiritsmith
03-23-2010, 11:35
Some great Brandy is produced in NorCal.

Glad to have you along.
Yes we do make good brandy... in fact until recently I used to work in production at one of the Distilleries up here. As for Bourbons I would say I like the VW Lot B, but it is at the end of my price range currently. I've made some whiskeys at other places I've worked, but the more I learn the more I am interested in Bourbons. I'll be at the whiskeys of the world this Saturday in San Francisco if any of your going we should try and meet up.
Cheers,
BW
Oh....Charles Cowdery if you read this I remember reading something you wrote in a post a while back. You said that it was harder to make Bourbon that other whiskeys, and I was wondering if you could elaborate on that.

spiritsmith
03-23-2010, 11:39
Besides reading be sure to post early and often.
Is it OK to drink something other than wine in No-Cal?:grin:
Yes we have wine, great breweries, and distilleries....oh and the waters is nice and clean too.:)

CorvallisCracker
03-23-2010, 12:37
I'll be at the whiskeys of the world this Saturday in San Francisco if any of your going we should try and meet up.

I'll be nearby, but alas will be across the bay (Vallejo) spending the day (Sunday too) attempting to bring order to a customer's chaotic computer room. :frown:

Oh....Charles Cowdery if you read this I remember reading something you wrote in a post a while back. You said that it was harder to make Bourbon that other whiskeys, and I was wondering if you could elaborate on that.

I don't believe he reads the "New to SB" forum very often. You should probably post your query in the main Bourbon forum.

Yes we have wine, great breweries, and distilleries....oh and the waters is nice and clean too.:)

Yes, but we have free range (http://www.rogue.com/spirits/dead-guy-whiskey.php) water here in Oregon.

Anyway, welcome to SB.com!

spiritsmith
03-23-2010, 13:38
Yes you have great water up there!

sailor22
03-23-2010, 16:47
The guys at Germain Robin are doing a wheat whiskey - so they tell me. If they approach it with the same skill and creativity they do their Brandy it should be interesting.

spiritsmith
03-23-2010, 17:13
The guys at Germain Robin are doing a wheat whiskey - so they tell me. If they approach it with the same skill and creativity they do their Brandy it should be interesting.
I really shouldn't share my thought about this in to much detail. Let me only say that making brandy is very different from making grain based spirits.

sailor22
03-23-2010, 17:17
I suspected as much. But it's probably very different than making beer also and Anchor makes some very tasty Rye. So one can hope.

fishnbowljoe
03-26-2010, 15:07
Welcome BW. Glad to have you aboard. Looking forward to your posts. Official chats in the Gazebo are Thursday and Sunday nights, but feel free to stop in any time you see someone there. Cheers. Joe