PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from AA, MI

mcer
04-04-2010, 17:41
Hi to everyone!

I am new to bourbon and have really learned from this forum.

Hope I can contribute in the future.

Rene'

OscarV
04-04-2010, 17:48
Hey Rene' welcome aboard.
One question, are you by any chance Crystal Rene'?

ACDetroit
04-04-2010, 18:42
Welcome Rene'

looking forward to your contribution. I work out your way during the week, not to mention there are several other SBer's in your area Big Dog Oscar V to name one.

What's dancing on your palette these days to bring you here??

Cheers!

Tony

Special Reserve
04-04-2010, 18:44
Rene'

Welcome to SB. I enjoyed a brew at Arbor Brewing earlier today.

This is a great place to learn about bourbon.

Will

Dramiel McHinson
04-04-2010, 18:56
Hi to everyone!

I am new to bourbon and have really learned from this forum.

Hope I can contribute in the future.

Rene'

Welcome! Always good to have a new member come aboard and join us. Find something you like and jump right in.

Hawg73
04-05-2010, 08:47
Welcome! These guys are very friendly and really know their bourbon. I have learned a bunch of stuff already.

mcer
04-10-2010, 13:32

No, I am not. I am XY, sorry!

Rene'

mcer
04-10-2010, 13:36

Welcome Rene'

looking forward to your contribution. I work out your way during the week, not to mention there are several other SBer's in your area Big Dog Oscar V to name one.

What's dancing on your palette these days to bring you here??

Cheers!

Tony

I have always liked scotch, all of a sudden I started drinking bourbon with my neighbor, and since I can't do anything half way, I am know neck deep in the learning process.

Cheers, Rene'

mcer
04-10-2010, 13:39
I am guessing with all the bourbon drinkers in SE MI and the liquor laws being what they are, there are not many "dusties" to be found, but what are the good stores in and around AA and Detroit?

Thanks, Rene'

Josh
04-10-2010, 15:51
A Belated greeting mcer!

There used to be Detroit Dusties...http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7809
:lol:

But seriously, there still are some out there. I found a little place just the other day. One thing about dusty-hunting that you never know where they will be. If you're driving to an area you haven't hunted in before, just stop at every liquor store along the way. You may be surprised at what you find at places that are in pretty well-traveled areas.

Again, welcome and I hope to meet you in person sometime soon!

mcer
04-10-2010, 17:38
Thanks for the link.

My plan right now is to go to KY to visit BT and HH. Maybe in the next couple of weeks I can swing it.

Rene'

ACDetroit
04-11-2010, 16:46
Yeah thanks for the link Josh!

Rene' if you ever need to see any dusties, let me know I'm sure we can open something you'd like to try! Soon as I shake this summer cold!!! FTW!

Tony

mcer
04-11-2010, 18:06
Thank you, I will.

Rene'

Yeah thanks for the link Josh!

Rene' if you ever need to see any dusties, let me know I'm sure we can open something you'd like to try! Soon as I shake this summer cold!!! FTW!

Tony

ggilbertva
04-13-2010, 08:34
Rene

Belated welcome. You're geographic location is fortunate for you (unfortunate for Tony :grin:). As someone else said, you'll find folks here eager to help. I would suggest you make liberal use of the search function as there is a wealth of bourbon info on SB.com. The Collectibles forum contains lots of info on dusty bottles with pictures and in many cases some history. Enjoy!

fishnbowljoe
04-14-2010, 15:45
A belated welcome from me also Rene'. You're in the midst of a bunch of good members up there in Michigan. I'm sure the Bourbon Hounds will take good care of you, and show you the ropes. :cool: Enjoy the site, and have some fun. Cheers! Joe