PDA

View Full Version : Newb from Northern California

Enabler
04-25-2010, 18:45
Hello.

I am new to these forums and look forward to reading more and learning what I can from the VAST amount of posts here.

I love bourbon, doing a little blogging (someone here posted one of my blog posts "The Whiskey Standard" in your history section.

Anyway, I will try reading about and learning the ways and culture of this forum.

Thanks for letting me come on.

Erik Nabler

Dramiel McHinson
04-25-2010, 18:57
Welcome aboard Erik! I think you'll find SB.com a great place to cuss and discuss all things bourbon and a lot of things not bourbon:grin:

ErichPryde
04-26-2010, 02:47
Hello.

I am new to these forums and look forward to reading more and learning what I can from the VAST amount of posts here.

I love bourbon, doing a little blogging (someone here posted one of my blog posts "The Whiskey Standard" in your history section.

Anyway, I will try reading about and learning the ways and culture of this forum.

Thanks for letting me come on.

Erik Nabler

Hello Erik, from another Erik! welcome to the site... and happy reading.

p_elliott
04-26-2010, 07:41
Hi Erik welcome aboard, no big secrete culture to the board just say what's on you mind. If you have a question don't be afraid to ask, if you have contrary position on something speak up. We have a good time here and try to help one another out. We are sociable bunch so don't be surprised if people are friendlier than you expected. Chat is officially Thursday and Sunday nights but you can usually find someone in there most evenings and nights. So stop in it's a good time and informative. We are trying to get morning chats going too. Have a good time and make some new friends.

Chu'Wuti
04-28-2010, 00:51
Welcome, Erik! I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I have, or even more! I'm a Scotch drinker learning about bourbon, and it sounds like you're well ahead of me in your bourbon education.

See you around the forum!

unclebunk
04-28-2010, 14:28
Hey Erik! Glad you stumbled upon SB. Read as much as you can, ask loads of questions, make friends and don't head straight for the top shelf. There's plenty of great bourbon at knee-level and below. Have fun!

Enabler
04-28-2010, 15:26
Thanks, Uncle Bunk. I appreciate it. How about a knee level or below suggestion or two. The best cheaper bourbon I am familiar with is Old Grandad which you can get on sale in Northern Cali for about $8.00. Other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

fishnbowljoe
04-28-2010, 15:48
Welcome to SB Erik. I'm not sure what you have available in your area, but I'll try and make a few recommendations anyway. Weller SR, Weller 12, WT 101, Old Fitz BIB, EW Black Label, FR Yellow, VOB BIB, and OGD 114 are a few that are usually found for under $25. I'm going by a combination of my own preferences, and those of others on the site. I'm also trying to give you a choice from a few different distilleries too. Hope this helps. Have fun and enjoy the site. Cheers! Joe

Enabler
04-28-2010, 21:52
Thank you kindly. I appreciate it. I will look around. Sadly, while I generally enjoy the fact I am not in a major metro area, in terms of booze, it is a downside.

jbutler
04-29-2010, 05:53
One would think that Bevmo would have a store in Chico, but apparently not. That town must be crawling with mom and pop liquor stores though; I'd check 'em out.