PDA

View Full Version : Scotch collection complete

AVB
04-28-2010, 20:20
Snagged the last bottle I needed to complete my collection of having a representation of every distillery that produced SMS since I was born in 1956.
http://www.sunband-designs.com/AVB/Drinks/Scotch/Kinclaith%201969-2.JPG

If anyone is curious the list is below. 127 distilleries.

Aberfeldy
Aberlour
Allt Bhainne
An Cnoc
Ardbeg
Ardmore
Arran
Auchentoshan
Auchroisk
Aultmore
Balblair
Balmenach
Banff
Ben Nevis
Ben Wyvis
Benriach
Benrinnes
Benromach
Bladnoch
Blair Athol
Bowmore
Braes of Glenlivet (Braval)
Brora
Bruichladdich
Bunnahabhain
Caol Ila
Caperdonich
Cardhu
Clynelish
Coleburn
Convalmore
Cragganmore
Craigellachie
Dailuaine
Dallas Dhu
Dalmore
Dalwhinnie
Deanston
Drumguish (Speyside,Glentromie)
Dufftown-Glenlivet
Edradour
Fettercaim
Glen Albyn
Glen Deveron
Glen Elgin
Glen Esk (Hillside)
Glen Flagler (Moffat)
Glen Garioch
Glen Grant
Glen Keith
Glen Mhor
Glen Moray
Glen Scotia
Glen Spey
Glenallachie
Glenburgie
Glencadam
Glencraig
Glendronach
Glendullan
Glenfarclas
Glenfiddich
Glenglassaugh
Glengoyne
Glenkinche
Glenlochy
Glenlossie
Glenmorangie
Glenrothes
Glentauchers
Glenturret
Glenugie
Glenury Royal
Hazelburn
Highland Park
Imperial
Inchgower
Inverleven
Isle of Jura
Kilkerran
Kilchoman
Kininvie
Kinclaith
Knockando
Ladyburn
Lagavulin
Laphroaig
Linkwood
Littlemill
Loch Lomond
Lochside
Longmorn
Longrow
Macallan
Macduff
Mannochmore
Millburn
Miltonduff-Glenlivet
Mortlach
Mosstowie
Muir of Ord (Glen Ord)
North of Scotland (Single Grain, produced malt for less than 2 years (58-60) no known SMS bottlings)
North Port / Brechin
Oban
Pittyvaich
Port Ellen
Pulteney
Rosebank
Royal Brackla
Royal Lochnagar
Scapa
Speyburn
Springbank
St Magdalene
Strathisla
Strathmill
Talisker
Tamdhu
Tamnavulin
Teaninich
The Balblair
The Balvenie
The Glenlivet
Tomatin
Tomintoul
Tormore
Tullibardine

One more on the horizon once Blackwood releases product.

sku
04-28-2010, 20:23
Wow. Just wow. Do you have all of those currently? How did you get a Ben Wyvis?

AVB
04-28-2010, 20:37
I have all of them currently. I got my Ben Wyvis from Japan. It is the only single cask released from the Last Resurrection, the other 4 were dumped together.

A pic right after I got it, hence the bubble wrap.

http://www.sunband-designs.com/AVB/Drinks/Scotch/Ben%20Wyvis.JPG

sku
04-29-2010, 02:54
Awesome! I'd love to hear more. What will you do now? Are you going to drink them or maintain it as a collection? What was the hardest distillery to find? Did you try to get distillery bottlings when possible or were you just as happy to get indies?

AVB
04-29-2010, 05:17
Over half are opened now but some will be only a collectors items. I'll start filling in some of the independent bottlings with distillery ones but some ,as the one at the top of this thread, don't exist in an OB form. I've got one on the line right now but after that I gotta take a break for a bit.

The hardest bottle to find is probably in the future but so far I'd say it was finding an OB of North Port. It just took me a while to find one available. Most of the others I knew where they were and it was just a matter of getting the contacts willing to trade or just help out plus as time went on things sold out and I'd have to find something somewhere else. It kept me busy for a decade.

Maybe I'll work on a complete Port Ellen set if I run out of other things to get.....like that would happen.

AVB
04-29-2010, 08:35
Opps, I see I left Hazelburn on the list but it shouldn't be. Only 126 distilleries then.

OscarV
04-29-2010, 10:38
Opps, I see I left Hazelburn on the list but it shouldn't be. Only 126 distilleries then.

Only 126?
Man I'd love to see them all, do you have them displayed or are they boxed up and out of the way?

Virus_Of_Life
04-29-2010, 10:47
Wow, that is a seriously impressive collection! I hope you have it insured in some way, not that it'd be replaceable of course.

unclebunk
04-29-2010, 10:54
That's really amazing. I'd like to see a photo of the lot if the collection is assembled in one place. Good for you, scoring that last bottle!

AVB
04-29-2010, 13:44
This is an older pic of most of the collection. The main difference now is that instead of most of the rows being 2 or 3 deep they ALL are 3 deep now. Even so there are a number in a different case too. This is 3 pics stitched with MS Paint. I'm sure there is a better way but I've not had the need to find it.

http://www.sunband-designs.com/AVB/Drinks/Misc/collection3607.JPG

unclebunk
04-29-2010, 14:50
Awesome photo. It's just too unbelievable to be true. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I just shit myself and I've got to go and change!:lol:

Megawatt
04-29-2010, 16:07
Please tell me you actually drink some of those once in a while.

Dramiel McHinson
04-29-2010, 16:09
Avb. U-da-man!!!!!!!!

AVB
04-29-2010, 16:12
I have over 250 bottles of Scotch and over 100 are open at the moment.

Please tell me you actually drink some of those once in a while.

Chu'Wuti
04-29-2010, 22:52
Very nice collection! I can see that DH & I have some building to do, both in our collection and in shelves! Just have to figure out where . . . my side of the bedroom? ;)

ErichPryde
04-30-2010, 16:00
Very nice collection! I can see that DH & I have some building to do, both in our collection and in shelves! Just have to figure out where . . . my side of the bedroom? ;)

I can see it now. You'd have to put a huge label up over it that simply read "Islay."

AVB
04-30-2010, 19:59
Of course you have to have a place to enjoy these nice drams too.

http://www.sunband-designs.com/AVB/Drinks/Misc/scotch seat.JPG

edo
05-02-2010, 17:09
Man, that's ... man!

Don't know what to say... except you da Man!.............................................. .:cool:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

sku
05-02-2010, 18:42
Of course you have to have a place to enjoy these nice drams too.

http://www.sunband-designs.com/AVB/Drinks/Misc/scotch seat.JPG

Malt in the Eames. Nice.