PDA

View Full Version : New to the board but not to bourbon!

lennyjaxn
05-14-2010, 16:28
Hi folks. I just moved to Seattle from Chicago, and the one thing I miss is specialty liquor stores. If I had known about the state liquor control board business I would have filled my trunk with some of my favorite bourbons before I left! Oh well. Anyway, I'm liking what I see from the board so far, and I'm looking forward to meeting some fellow bourbon drinkers at a bar some night soon.

ErichPryde
05-14-2010, 17:05
Hi folks. I just moved to Seattle from Chicago, and the one thing I miss is specialty liquor stores. If I had known about the state liquor control board business I would have filled my trunk with some of my favorite bourbons before I left! Oh well. Anyway, I'm liking what I see from the board so far, and I'm looking forward to meeting some fellow bourbon drinkers at a bar some night soon.

Welcome to the site! There's a lot of good knowledge here, and a lot of friendly people. enjoy!

flsean
05-14-2010, 17:46
Welcome, unless you are a Bear's fan. Then I can't be nice to you.:lol:

fishnbowljoe
05-14-2010, 18:43
Welcome to the site LJ. Glad to see another member here in Illinois. We have our share of members in the Chicago and Northern Illinois area. I do believe that after you've settled in, you'll be more than happy with the selections at some of the liquor stores in the greater Chicago area. :cool: Cheers! Joe

Hawg73
05-15-2010, 04:17
Welcome Lenny. As a noobie myself I can honestly say that this site is very friendly and patient with my dumb questions. I think you will enjoy it here.

p_elliott
05-17-2010, 23:57

Welcome to the board Lenny, we have a couple of members here from Seattle for some reason they just haven't jumped on this thread. They both do come into chat though so come join us there and maybe you can hook a conversation with them there. Chat is officially Thursday and Sunday but it goes on most nights. Sorry to hear your having problems finding your favorites in your new location. I hope you like the the site post often, ask as many questions as you like, post your opinions. Make some new friends and have some fun.

hectic1
05-18-2010, 05:17
Welcome to the site LJ. Glad to see another member here in Illinois. We have our share of members in the Chicago and Northern Illinois area. I do believe that after you've settled in, you'll be more than happy with the selections at some of the liquor stores in the greater Chicago area. :cool: Cheers! Joe
Joe...have you been drinking again? Welcome LJ...I can confirm that Chicago has some of the best bourbon selection in the country. It's hard for any state to match the offerings that Binny's provides.

sgtgto
05-18-2010, 16:59
Welcome.. welcome.. As you can see, some of our members cannot read very well. Hell, Bob can't seem to talk very well. But we are all great people.

I live in Seattle, as do a few active members of this board. We are trying to work out a tasting in the next month or two. Come join the chat often. You just click on the top option on the forum called The Gazebo. Then BAM! instant chat with some of our better members.. ;)

And for the rest of ya.... he moved TO Seattle FROM Chicago. A intelligent move for sure. Minus the booze part... but that doesn't stop me ;)

Jake