PDA

View Full Version : hello from north eastern kentucky

nationofpig
05-31-2010, 19:37
I would like to take the time to say Hello SB.com! I have been lurking for quite a while and have been drinking bourbon for about 10 years, but over the last year or so i have been getting into "good" bourbons.

My favorite bourbon was Even Williams single barrel 96, but i have had ORVW 10/107 and PVW 15, now im hooked on the Van Winkle products! I just got a PVW 20, but have not opened it just yet.

One of my favorite parts of drinking these bourbons it the search! it took me 2 weeks to find the PVW20. Now, im looking for some Stagg and PVW 15, but as of now im have no luck.

Anyway, thanks for having me and i hope to be here for a long time.

Thanks, Sean

fishnbowljoe
05-31-2010, 19:59
Welcome aboard! It may take you a while, but I'm sure you'll find some GTS and Pappy 15. As for the Pappy 20, open it up and have some. :yum: No time like the present to have a pour.

By the way, it would help some if you filled out your profile a little more, or signed your name. I really feel uncomfortable calling someone pig. :slappin: Just kidding. We're serious about our bourbon here, but not to much so. As I hope you can see, we like to have fun too. Hope you like it here. Cheers! Joe

nationofpig
05-31-2010, 20:26
Welcome aboard! It may take you a while, but I'm sure you'll find some GTS and Pappy 15. As for the Pappy 20, open it up and have some. :yum: No time like the present to have a pour.

By the way, it would help some if you filled out your profile a little more, or signed your name. I really feel uncomfortable calling someone pig. :slappin: Just kidding. We're serious about our bourbon here, but not to much so. As I hope you can see, we like to have fun too. Hope you like it here. Cheers! Joe
LOL
Thanks, Joe! I filled out some of my profile. Oh, by the way the name is Sean

callmeox
05-31-2010, 20:42
Welcome to SB, Sean!

I bought my first bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel at a CVS in Ashland, KY a few years back. It was only about 26.00 or so and if I had known what I know now, I would have snagged a case.

Incidentally, that bottle was the beginning of my bourbon madness. Maybe I should place a small plaque on that CVS when get down there again. :grin:

fishnbowljoe
05-31-2010, 21:45
Welcome Sean. It's all good. :grin: Joe

Enabler
05-31-2010, 23:12
Welcome. My only visit to Kentucky was Louisville quite a few years ago and at that time I was not really serious about bourbon. Now I curse the memory as an opportunity lost.

p_elliott
06-02-2010, 08:35
Welcome aboard Sean. I picked up in your post that you enjoy the hunt as much as drinking. I think that is common with a lot of members here. There are members with really large collections that barely drink. Others are consumers like me I think all bourbon is to be consumed. But either way it's a great brotherhood and we are just waiting to hear your tales of how you got this far and where your heading. Please post often and you have seen me say ask all the questions you want and post your opinions. Join us in chat you'll have fun. Enjoy the site have fun and make new friends.

Paul

nationofpig
06-03-2010, 00:45
Welcome aboard Sean. I picked up in your post that you enjoy the hunt as much as drinking. I think that is common with a lot of members here. There are members with really large collections that barely drink. Others are consumers like me I think all bourbon is to be consumed. But either way it's a great brotherhood and we are just waiting to hear your tales of how you got this far and where your heading. Please post often and you have seen me say ask all the questions you want and post your opinions. Join us in chat you'll have fun. Enjoy the site have fun and make new friends.

Paul
Thanks, paul!
Im going to the Buffalo Trace Distillery this Saturday(no hard hat tour, as it is full). The tour should be loads of fun... Even the wife is excited about it.( she is a wine drinker)

I am gonna hit Red-Dot and check out their selection of juice. I have about 20 different bourbons that i want to try(thanks SB) and ashland does not have them.

Anyway, have fun everyone :)

ErichPryde
06-03-2010, 01:07
welcome to the site, and have fun on your tour! snag a bottle of the Buffalo Trace cream liqueur while you're there, it may not technically be bourbon, but it IS delicious!