PDA

View Full Version : Swish Barrrel

NeoTexan
06-16-2010, 15:09
I searched and did not find a reference to this:

http://1000oaksbarrel.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=41&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27

Anyone ever hear of this abomination?

TomH
06-16-2010, 16:16
Sounds like a great idea...use their Maker's Essence and mix with with Grey Goose....makes sense to me !

Tom

I searched and did not find a reference to this:

http://1000oaksbarrel.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=41&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27

Anyone ever hear of this abomination?

ErichPryde
06-16-2010, 16:35
I especially like the Tennessee bourbon whiskey essence!

wadewood
06-16-2010, 18:48
we had a long thread a while back about making a bourbon from Vodka - what you would add to it to get it taste like bourbon. These guys are now selling our recipe :.)

camduncan
06-16-2010, 19:13
we had a long thread a while back about making a bourbon from Vodka - what you would add to it to get it taste like bourbon. These guys are now selling our recipe :.)

Would Corn Whiskey or White Dog be a better choice than Vodka?

NeoTexan
06-16-2010, 20:24
Would Corn Whiskey or White Dog be a better choice than Vodka?

In one of the web sites selling it ( I can not find it right now) they even suggest moonshine.

SMOWK
06-17-2010, 08:01
I might order some to splash on after shaving or before heading to work.

TomH
06-17-2010, 08:21
I don't know why but while reading your post, I realized that if this product my be the solution to the bourbon ice cream problem. If it has a decent bourbon type flavor it could be used without the problem of the alcohol interfering with freezing.

I may actually have to order one of these to try it. May get the Maker's and try to make a bourbon fig ice cream and see how it compares to the fig infused Makers I had in New Orleans.

Tom

I might order some to splash on after shaving or before heading to work.

ggilbertva
06-17-2010, 11:41
I've been to 1000oaksbarrel and they do indeed have a great selection of barrels along with plenty of essence. That's where I got my barrel for my project and they tried to sell some essence to me but I wasn't having any of that.....I was putting the real stuff in my barrel.

tmckenzie
06-20-2010, 01:03
I have seen this guy at a booth at some festival before, but I can not remember where. I did not tell him who I was, or what I do for a living. I just listened to his sales pitch. He claimed all distilleries make vodka and use these flavorings to make whiskey. I think he even believed it. Then I opened up and told him he was full of crap. Then he tried to sell me some to make "real bourbon" with. I walked off laughing.