PDA

View Full Version : software to catalog your bunker

wadewood
07-05-2010, 13:27
I stumbled across this today: Whisky Catalog at http://smsw.info/

It's free. I have gone to visual system - I just look at my bunker. Thought others might like this.

Virus_Of_Life
07-05-2010, 17:40
Thanks Wade, going to try that out for a bit and see if it beats just putting everything into Excel; which I was about to start doing.

callmeox
07-05-2010, 18:28
It's a simple but effective program with a Euro focus.

You can add US terms and locations to it easily, but it lacks a "quantity on hand" field. I guess that you can hijack another field for that purpose instead.

Thanks for the tip, Wade.

BourbonJoe
07-05-2010, 20:12
Access also works great and you can have as many fields as you want. Easy to sort too.
Joe :usflag:

whskylvr
07-05-2010, 20:24
I tried to download it and my Virus Software deleted it due to high risk. anyone else have this issue?

callmeox
07-05-2010, 20:36
I tried to download it and my Virus Software deleted it due to high risk. anyone else have this issue?

Not I.

(padpadpadpadpadpadpadpad)

camduncan
07-06-2010, 00:21

It downloaded ok here at work, but I won't try installing it until I'm at home.

wadewood
07-06-2010, 06:10

Before I posted about this, I did download and scan for virus. Microsoft Security Essentials said it was clean. I installed to test and scanned drive after installing with no problems. I really think (and hope) your virus software is giving a false positive.

It definite was designed by a Scotch or Euro collector. They drop down boxes for type and other fields show this. But once you input a new name for a field, like Bourbon, it is added to drop down box. You can also use the options to add common field names.

Another reason I liked this program is because it allows you to import/export data to a CSV file (excel spreadsheet). This means even if this program becomes obsolete when some new version of Windows comes out, you can still access all your data.

harshest
07-06-2010, 07:03
John recently posted a blog post about this very subject. One commenter posted a pretty neat system for mac and iphone users.

http://www.whatdoesjohnknow.com/2010/06/17/what-whisky-inventory-software-are-you-using/

SMOWK
07-10-2010, 22:33
Does anyone have a database they can post? It would be easier than typing in everything.

Rather than doing it individually, we should put an SB.com database together.

Stones
07-11-2010, 01:54
Looks like i'll have to make my own Mac version... :rolleyes:

Res/st-or
07-13-2010, 18:56
Very handy program...:cool: At least my Mom won't know what 200 euros means on the PWV23. I am 44 years old and it still bothers me that my Mom might know what I pay for some of this stuff....

SMOWK
07-14-2010, 10:15
I am 44 years old and it still bothers me that my Mom might know what I pay for some of this stuff....

Did your mom's purse have anything to do with the purchase? :lol::lol:

unclebunk
07-14-2010, 10:43
Very handy program...:cool: At least my Mom won't know what 200 euros means on the PWV23. I am 44 years old and it still bothers me that my Mom might know what I pay for some of this stuff....

Substitute wife into the equation and you've got me pegged too!:grin:

Res/st-or
07-14-2010, 16:42
Did your mom's purse have anything to do with the purchase? :lol::lol:

Lol!!! I'm not a momma's boy. I did move out... and I'm bonified. I have a J. O. B.

First thing I do when I buy a new bottle is peal the price tag off. If my mom saw my collection, she would think me a raging alcoholic... Price tags on top of that would probably do her in... :bigeyes: :grin:

camduncan
07-14-2010, 18:50
Heck, even my Mum raises her eyebrows at my bourbon purchases.... and until 5 years ago she (and Dad) owned pubs for 35 years and were professional drinkers :skep: :bigeyes:

Bourbon Boiler
07-15-2010, 17:31
Substitute wife into the equation and you've got me pegged too!:grin:

Quoted for Truth

fishnbowljoe
07-15-2010, 20:00
Here's a page from a spreadsheet I created in Excel on my Mac. Joe

BourbonJoe
07-15-2010, 20:11
50 ml's ?? I guess you don't do a lot of drinkin. :bigeyes:
Joe :usflag:

Joshua
07-16-2010, 15:22
and you don't want to buy any of it again!

fishnbowljoe
07-16-2010, 15:24
:slappin: You guys are too funny. I just copied the first of many pages as an example. Didn't want you guys laughing too much. :grin: Joe

birdman1099
07-16-2010, 15:33
Tracking 50 ml's ?????:slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin:

The 50 ml's to me is like the change in the couch cushions.......

Hit that when you are HARD UP !!!!!:grin:

Res/st-or
07-17-2010, 06:57
You haven't opened a single bottle either... :grin:

Lab Walker
02-19-2011, 13:38
I downloaded the pgm with no virus issues........
Spreadsheet works just as well!

When ya gonna open some of the stash?

silverfish
02-19-2011, 15:28
I've been keeping all my information on a Text document
(so easy a caveman can do it!) and decided to "upgrade"
to the Catalog. No problems with the install - my biggest
"gripe" is now I gotta track down images for some bottles
so the entries all look nice & pretty. One feature I do like
is the lightly shaded "wish list" entry. If only there was a
way to see all wish entries as a search result, that'd be nice.

... it lacks a "quantity on hand" field. I guess that you can hijack another field for that purpose instead.

I just list "1 opened, 1 unopened" in the comments field.

SMOWK
02-24-2011, 09:42
now I gotta track down images for some bottles so the entries all look nice & pretty.

Can you post the database after you pretty it up? I'm just looking for someone to do the work for me.