PDA

View Full Version : Hello all from SoCal

TBC
08-14-2010, 15:43
Hello all, hope this Saturday finds you well, relaxing here in the desert with an OW107 neat, can't wait to participate here and it looks like I'll be learning quite a bit!

OscarV
08-14-2010, 15:47
Welcome aboard TBC, lots of info and fine folks here. You came to the right place.

SBOmarc
08-14-2010, 15:47
Welcome Sir, that seems like a very nice way to spend your Saturday afternoon. Living in SoCal also. Enjoy your pour...

sku
08-14-2010, 16:55
Welcome! Always good to see another southern Californian. Hope the desert isn't too dry for you, Bourbon-wise that is.

Bourbon Boiler
08-14-2010, 18:57
Welcome aboard. I would suggest hanging out in the chat as well. Lots to learn and a very freindly collection of bourbon drinkers.

Trace Tippler
08-14-2010, 19:57
Yes, welcome! Always glad to have another California dweller here. It is a good place to learn a lot, appreciate this fine drink bourbon, and probably even make some new acquaintances and even friends.

Cordially,
Trace T.

TBC
08-15-2010, 01:29
thanks all, I've moved on to a spot of Evan, best bang for the buck in my humble opinion. I have a ton of questions about the Pappy Van Winkle series, I'm going to use the search function so I don't bother you all with a bunch of questions you've probably all heard before. Thank you for the warm welcome, hopefully one day, we can all enjoy a glass of the brown together, with the resurgence of Vodka, we may be a dying breed.

p_elliott
08-16-2010, 09:23
thanks all, I've moved on to a spot of Evan, best bang for the buck in my humble opinion. I have a ton of questions about the Pappy Van Winkle series, I'm going to use the search function so I don't bother you all with a bunch of questions you've probably all heard before. Thank you for the warm welcome, hopefully one day, we can all enjoy a glass of the brown together, with the resurgence of Vodka, we may be a dying breed.

Welcome aboard, using the search function is a good thing. But we like questions too if you just happen to ask a question that has already been asked you'll seldom get any abuse for it. But do spend so time reading the site as you will enjoy it and will get to know the personalities of some of the people on here. Tell us about yourself, what you have tried and what you have liked. Come join us in chat we have a good time in there and you can learn a lot in there.(some times). Post often, have fun and make some new friends.

fishnbowljoe
08-17-2010, 17:52
Welcome TBC. Not much I can say that hasn't already been said. :rolleyes: But....... hope you like it here, and hope you also have some fun. :grin: Cheers! Joe

Res/st-or
08-19-2010, 18:46
Welcone TBC... Yup, lots of nice folks here. Love the OWA

Virus_Of_Life
08-24-2010, 01:33
Welcome, where about in SoCal? It's a big area. You say desert so I'll assume more inland like Palm Springs or something, either way you should hunt your homeland before it is all gone. On two days, only a short time each day, I scored a few dozen bottles worth taking home.

If you need any help being pointed in a direction let me know.

TBC
08-25-2010, 22:26
Yep, exactly, Palm Springs area, in the Santa Rosa Mountains just south of Palm Desert. I just might take you up on that offer, many of the places out here have a pretty limited selection, there is one store in Springs that has surprised me more than a few times though.