PDA

View Full Version : Dagnabit! Pappy allocations

MarkEdwards
10-10-2010, 19:26
Who in the state of Texas does one have to kill to find a few bottles of Pappy 20? The stuff was supposedly just released in September, and none of the places I've checked out in DFW have any left? Same for George T. Stagg, apparently.

Gah! Do I need to pitch a tent on specific days of the year outside the liquor store?

<pouting>:smiley_acbt:

sgtgto
10-10-2010, 19:49
Don't know what to tell you about the Pappy, but the Stagg is not out yet. I saw a few places with Pappy 20 in Dallas a few months ago.. but all of them wanted 160$!!!

CaptainQ
10-10-2010, 21:17
Who in the state of Texas does one have to kill to find a few bottles of Pappy 20? The stuff was supposedly just released in September, and none of the places I've checked out in DFW have any left? Same for George T. Stagg, apparently.

Gah! Do I need to pitch a tent on specific days of the year outside the liquor store?

<pouting>:smiley_acbt:

Not sure if the new Pappy has been released yet.

wadewood
10-10-2010, 22:47
Stagg (and all BTAC), even when released now in KY, does not generally become available in Texas until right around Thanksgiving.

bourbonNOOG
10-11-2010, 06:23
I was told the Pappy in my parts (TN) is released close to Christmas. Beginning of december I was told by a few of the liquor store owners.

B.B. Babington
10-11-2010, 17:43
In my neck o' the wood, Pappy 20 comes along with Stagg & other BTAC. I've got dibs on a case of each including pappy. I'm thirsty!

theDon
10-11-2010, 18:19
I rarely see BTAC or Pappy's in Dallas. I'm pretty sure you've exhausted the few places I've pointed you too. In the few stores I found any Pappy's the owner said they were special ordered for someone that never paid.

MarkEdwards
10-16-2010, 16:24
I rarely see BTAC or Pappy's in Dallas. I'm pretty sure you've exhausted the few places I've pointed you too. In the few stores I found any Pappy's the owner said they were special ordered for someone that never paid.

Day after payday, a full tank of gas, and no specific plans except to go bourbon shopping today.

I scored three bottles of Pappy 20, a bottle of Pappy 15, a bottle of GTS and, just because it looked interesting, a bottle of Willet in the pot-still bottle.

I am now stocked at minimal until-next-year levels of Pappy.

theDon
10-19-2010, 13:53
Day after payday, a full tank of gas, and no specific plans except to go bourbon shopping today.

I scored three bottles of Pappy 20, a bottle of Pappy 15, a bottle of GTS and, just because it looked interesting, a bottle of Willet in the pot-still bottle.

I am now stocked at minimal until-next-year levels of Pappy.

Good job! That wasn't in Dallas though per your PM. It was in Ft. Worth. I guess I need to head out west!

jburlowski
10-19-2010, 15:45
The new Pappy release has just shown up locally (No KY). So far I've only seen (just checked one store) Lot B, and PVW20 ---- no PVW15.

OscarV
10-19-2010, 15:54
The new Pappy release has just shown up locally (No KY). So far I've only seen (just checked one store) Lot B, and PVW20 ---- no PVW15.

AH Yes, Autumn in KY, it can't be beat!
(hey Mods, feel free to change Autumn to Fall)
It is such a sweet time of the year when the Van Winkles hit the shelves.
Ya know, this feels like New Years Eve in a vicarious sort of way.

DeanSheen
10-19-2010, 16:02
But it just feels so empty without any 15 or Rye.

jburlowski
10-19-2010, 17:17
The rye is still around (at least the last time I looked) from last year.