PDA

View Full Version : New to SB, Question about "Wild Turkey 12 Y.O. Beyond Duplication"

mbraud4
11-22-2010, 17:22
My girlfriends dad had this bottle and he passed away a few years ago. She gave it to me. Its unopened and came in this wooden coffin/box type of thing. I dont have pics right now however it is exactly like this:

http://www.worthpoint.com/pmimages/images1/1/0807/12/1_aece5cf1d2f022fbd7af2a22e05650d9.jpg

What are the details on this bottle. When was it released, how does it taste, is it rare, should I save it for a special occasion, etc. Thanks for any info guys!

scratchline
11-22-2010, 17:42
Your picture isn't showing up.

It's probably the original release of Wild Turkey 12. Mid-80's?. It tastes good. It is rare. Save it for a special occasion.

Search "Wild Turkey 12" on this site and you'll find some info.

Please fill out the profile so we know a little about you.

TNbourbon
11-22-2010, 18:18
Mike's absolutely correct, but incomplete.
Understand, even as rare and desireable as it is, this bottle won't make you rich. Personally, having had many very good WT12s, I wouldn't pay more than $100 for it. Others not so lucky might triple that. So, c. $300 is your BEST alternative.
If you enjoy whiskey, thence, it's worth as much or more to you as an experience, for your own edification and enjoyment. Go to a good liquor store -- you can easily spend that much (and more!) for quality whisk(e)y. Otherwise, well -- I'm sure you've already fielded some PM's from members here...

ErichPryde
11-22-2010, 18:24
I haven't seen one go for 300 yet. a 12 year went on ebay the other day for 80 bucks. I'd consider paying that for one. It's good bourbon, of that there is no doubt. but there are others that are as good or better for much less the cost.

If it was me, I'd open it for one of those special occasion type things. It's an easy enough to drink bourbon that if you opened it for the birth of a child or something like that no one should find it disagreeable.

mbraud4
11-22-2010, 21:59
Yeah I definately wasn't wanting to sell it. I want to open it for a special occasion, maybe me and her brother each have a glass or something to pay respect to their dad. I am normally a single malt scotch drinker but I will definately give this one a whirl one of these days. So to clarify this, it is an original release 12 year from wild turkey during the 80s? I think its amazing to have such a cool story behind it. Thanks for the info guys.

unclebunk
11-23-2010, 06:49
Yeah I definately wasn't wanting to sell it. I want to open it for a special occasion, maybe me and her brother each have a glass or something to pay respect to their dad. I am normally a single malt scotch drinker but I will definately give this one a whirl one of these days. So to clarify this, it is an original release 12 year from wild turkey during the 80s? I think its amazing to have such a cool story behind it. Thanks for the info guys.

And with Thanksgiving just two days away, what better occasion to crack open a bottle of Wild Turkey. Enjoy!

p_elliott
11-23-2010, 07:15
Welcome to the site, WT 12 yr old is one of my favorite bourbons. I hope you enjoy this one with your brother in-law on a special occasion.