PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Master_Photog
01-04-2011, 17:53
Hello from Indiana! I've been properly and professionaly introduced to how, when and why whiskey is to be nosed, tasted and sipped.

I've been enjoying this stuff ever since!

I lean heavily on the rye whiskey - for a couple reasons.
That's the spirit that was present when shown the proper etiquite AND I'm really satisfied with the rye whiskies I've had to date.

Thanks for the great info StraightBourbon.com!!

Chuck

squire
01-04-2011, 17:57
Hey Chuck, welcome aboard.

unclebunk
01-04-2011, 18:05
Welcome to SB, Chuck. Loved the photos on your web site. Keep posting!

CorvallisCracker
01-04-2011, 18:14
Hello from Indiana! I've been properly and professionaly introduced to how, when and why whiskey is to be nosed, tasted and sipped.

You're a lucky guy. Most of us had to take the Self-Study course.

I've been enjoying this stuff ever since!

Just curious - how long has that been?

I lean heavily on the rye whiskey - for a couple reasons.
That's the spirit that was present when shown the proper etiquite

I have to wonder what would have happened if it had been Tequila.

For that matter (I'm dying to know): just what is the proper etiquette when drinking rye?

AND I'm really satisfied with the rye whiskies I've had to date.

Which ones have you had? How about Ritinhouse?

Thanks for the great info StraightBourbon.com!!

Chuck

You're welcome! It's great to have you here!! :cool:

Scrub
01-04-2011, 18:21
I also toured your photography website, and as I am just getting started in shooting for $$ I am amazed at some of your ideas. The photos are excellent.

White Dog
01-04-2011, 19:11
Welcome Chuck. Your profile lists some pretty high-end Ryes. Check out the Rye forum, and have fun. BTW, while I love old Rye more than most, try out some Wild Turkey101Rye and RittBIB. Only by knowing our youth may we appreciate maturity.

Cheers!

Master_Photog
01-04-2011, 19:34
@ cracker - proper etiquite? Not slamming it back like this Hoosier used to do! :cool: Yes, I've had the 21 and 23 Rittenhouse, the 21 just edges out the 23 by a thin margin in my opinion.

@ Scrub and unclebunk - thanks for checking out the photos

@ WhiteDog - I'll check out the rye forum

I've attached an image of one I really really enjoy!! Very impressed with Fritz Maytag's approach on recreating that 18th Century rye.

smokinjoe
01-05-2011, 10:52
Welcome, Chuck. Our Indiana contingent on SB.Com continues to grow. Almost, makes me want to move back to Ft. Wayne just to join the fun. I hope you enjoy your time here, and I look forward to hearing more as you continue your journey through Bourbonia.
:toast:

sku
01-05-2011, 11:19
proper etiquite? Not slamming it back like this Hoosier used to do! :cool:

Oh good, I thought you were going to say you had to hold your pinky out or something. :grin:

Welcome to the forum. I'm a big rye fan as well.

Josh
01-05-2011, 11:24
Welcome! I now live in Michigan, but I spent the first 25 years of my life in Central Indiana. I'm a 3rd generation graduate of Broad Ripple High School and I'm also an Anderson University alum., though my father, sister, brother-in-law and wife all went to Purdue.

I'm in 'Naptown at least twice a year, so we should have a drink when I'm down there some time!

Master_Photog
01-05-2011, 11:42
Thanks for the welcome sku and smokinjoe!

Josh, yes -sounds good, touch base when you're in town and we'll have a drink for sure.

birdman1099
01-08-2011, 07:07
Welcome Chuck.....

I live about 10 minutes north of you !!!:grin:

I do not consider myselk a "rye" guy, but I do have a few bourbons in the cabinet.....:cool:

Have you had "WhisplePig Rye" yet? It is my favorite rye.....

Happy Posting !!!!

Master_Photog
01-09-2011, 09:32
birdman - hope this answers your question :)

http://www.cs2photography.com/wpigrye.jpg

birdman1099
01-09-2011, 09:49
birdman - hope this answers your question :)

Yes sir, it does !!!:grin:

fishnbowljoe
02-02-2011, 20:27
Welcome to SB Chuck. I'm a transplanted Indy area Hoosier myself. Beech Grove to be exact. We have some good members in Indy. You are in great company. Keep posting, and above all keep posting your wonderful pictures. :cool: Have fun and enjoy. Joe

CaptainQ
02-02-2011, 21:00
Welcome to SB Chuck. Keep posting, and above all keep posting your wonderful pictures. :cool: Have fun and enjoy. Joe

I'll second that. The photos are amazing. It would be cool to have a SB.com gallery of bourbon bottles.
:toast: Dave