PDA

View Full Version : Another new guy from the Orlando area

Medicfrost
01-17-2011, 08:23
Hello everybody. I found this site by accident last week while searching Google for the older glass Glencairn (crystal is too delicate and light for my liking). I'm an ill behaved middle aged man rehearsing to become a dirty old man. I'm an Air Force vet, and have been a paramedic for several years. I like girls, guns, motorcycles, and whiskey. I will drink all whiskey types, but prefer bourbon. I currently keep three bottles of year 2000 EWSB, a bottle of Willett Pot Still Reserve, a couple big bottles of Jim Beam black and white for when heavy drinkers come over to visit, and a whole slew of non-bourbon whiskies, including a couple new ones I just brought back from India. I'm a novice when it comes to tasting, but soak up information like a sponge when I'm passionate about the subject.

unclebunk
01-17-2011, 09:10
Hello everybody. I found this site by accident last week while searching Google for the older glass Glencairn (crystal is too delicate and light for my liking). I'm an ill behaved middle aged man rehearsing to become a dirty old man. I'm an Air Force vet, and have been a paramedic for several years. I like girls, guns, motorcycles, and whiskey. I will drink all whiskey types, but prefer bourbon. I currently keep three bottles of year 2000 EWSB, a bottle of Willett Pot Still Reserve, a couple big bottles of Jim Beam black and white for when heavy drinkers come over to visit, and a whole slew of non-bourbon whiskies, including a couple new ones I just brought back from India. I'm a novice when it comes to tasting, but soak up information like a sponge when I'm passionate about the subject.

Welcome to SB, Adrian. Sounds like you have a nice little collection started there and loads more great whiskey to try. Lost of folks here enjoy bourbon and single malt scotch, so you're in good company. Read up on the various threads and don't feel awkward about asking any questions you might have. But most of all, have fun!

p_elliott
01-17-2011, 09:11
Welcome Adrian to the site and thank you for your service to our country. Sounds like you have a lot of experience with whiskey post some of your thoughts of the India whiskey in our foreign whiskey thread. Have a good time here read a lot, post a lot, come join us in chat ( the gazebo). Maybe you'll make some new friends.

Medicfrost
01-17-2011, 11:14
Welcome Adrian to the site and thank you for your service to our country. Sounds like you have a lot of experience with whiskey post some of your thoughts of the India whiskey in our foreign whiskey thread. Have a good time here read a lot, post a lot, come join us in chat ( the gazebo). Maybe you'll make some new friends.

Thank you for all the welcomes.

I brought back 3 Indian Whiskeys, and will post as soon as I get the first one open, which will probably be Wednesday.