PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a state.....

soad
02-10-2011, 10:09
Hey guys! I live in the bourbon wasteland of Pennsylvania :rolleyes:, I really want to try some OWA 7/107 to go along with my unopened bottle of ORVW 10/107. I will be driving south in March for a mini-vacation I will be in:

West Virginia
Virginia
Tennessee
North Carolina

Which of these states are the best for finding more variety of bottles (unlike PA), I want to hit several liquor stores on this trip ....Larger cities I will be passing through: Morgantown, WV, Wytheville, VA, Bristol, TN/VA, Johnson City, TN, and Asheville, NC. Any standout stores in these cities?

THANKS!!!

smokinjoe
02-10-2011, 13:26
Hey guys! I live in the bourbon wasteland of Pennsylvania :rolleyes:, I really want to try some OWA 7/107 to go along with my unopened bottle of ORVW 10/107. I will be driving south in March for a mini-vacation I will be in:

West Virginia
Virginia
Tennessee
North Carolina

Which of these states are the best for finding more variety of bottles (unlike PA), I want to hit several liquor stores on this trip ....Larger cities I will be passing through: Morgantown, WV, Wytheville, VA, Bristol, TN/VA, Johnson City, TN, and Asheville, NC. Any standout stores in these cities?

THANKS!!!

You'll be in a good area of Tennessee to find some very nice bottles.

soad
02-10-2011, 15:46
You'll be in a good area of Tennessee to find some very nice bottles.

Thanks! I'll try and find some good places in Bristol or Johnson City!

flintlock
02-14-2011, 00:00
Be sure and get a bottle of Evan Williams White Label BiB - it's extremely rare outside of TN and KY and is a really (to my taste) super whiskey. Plus it's only slightly more expensive than Dasani water. I'll never be without several liters in el bunkero.

squire
02-15-2011, 15:55
A second vote for the Williams white label BIB.

soad
02-20-2011, 13:15
Thanks guys. I will add it to my list!

soad
03-19-2011, 12:02
Cheers to smokinjoe who pointed me in the direction of a couple awesome Tennessee stores! I loaded up on some nice Wellers and Van Winkles that will keep me happy for months to come!