PDA

View Full Version : Indy Liquor Stores

Jwilly019
02-18-2011, 10:34
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I'm not sure where else to put it. I'm traveling to Chicago now and myself and my carmates are thinking about making a pitstop somewhere near Indy for alcohol.

There's a couple of girls in the car with us so I'm not interested in heading to any suspect areas in search of dusties. I would however like to find some Weller 12 since I can't get it in Ohio.

Any suggestions from the Indy contingent?

birdman1099
02-18-2011, 10:43
You will not find any weller 12......The other Weller brethern are here, but not the 12.

the places with the best selections:

Payless Liquors at I69 and 96th street
Kahns on Meridian
21st ammendment on 86th

If there are any other particular bottles you may be looking for, post here and im sure someone will give you guidance.

Jwilly019
02-18-2011, 10:55
Thanks, that's too bad about the 12. I may just grab an OWA 7/107 then. My plan is to grab a couple bottles that I can't get in Ohio.

Josh
02-26-2011, 17:29
You will not find any weller 12......The other Weller brethern are here, but not the 12.

the places with the best selections:

Payless Liquors at I69 and 96th street
Kahns on Meridian
21st ammendment on 86th

If there are any other particular bottles you may be looking for, post here and im sure someone will give you guidance.

Kahn's is on Keystone, isn't it?

ErichPryde
02-26-2011, 17:40
Kahn's is on Keystone, isn't it?

Looks like there's one off of Township Line near 86th and one at Keystone between 53rd and 54th.

Bourbon Boiler
02-26-2011, 19:02
"Payless Liquors at I69 and 96th street"

I second this one. I try to stop by everytime I pass it. Unfortunately, it's usually on Sunday when all liquor stores are closed in Indiana.

PaulO
02-27-2011, 08:32
I believe the original Kahns is on Keystone, and the northside location is newer. I was at the Kahns on Keystone yesterday and they had their own single barrel selection of Weller Antique. Sadly I have never seen Weller 12 in Indiana. If you're going to Chicago check out Binnys. They get it when it's available.

Jwilly019
02-27-2011, 22:18
I believe the original Kahns is on Keystone, and the northside location is newer. I was at the Kahns on Keystone yesterday and they had their own single barrel selection of Weller Antique. Sadly I have never seen Weller 12 in Indiana. If you're going to Chicago check out Binnys. They get it when it's available.

Thanks, I snagged a Weller 12 at the South Loop store. Waiting to open it until I drink down a few other bottles and get a chance to purchase an OWA to do a flight with the SR as well.