PDA

View Full Version : Open but full

soad
04-05-2011, 11:00
Sorry if this has come up, the search didn't have a good result.

I got a bottle of Woodford last year, I opened it up and took a few drinks, it didn't do much for me. My plan was to keep the bottle in case I have company and I want to serve them okay bourbon in a nice bottle.

I have since taken a few 50ml bottles of Woodford and poured them into the 750 so that the bottle is at or a little above the original fill line. Since it is full and not exposed to a lot of air, will it "keep" the same way an unopened bottle will (indefinitely) or am I on some sort of clock (a few years??) I don't get much company and when I do (in 2017:rolleyes: ) I don't want to serve them inferior whiskey.

thanks

p_elliott
04-05-2011, 11:17
What does this have to do with this being your first post? Which it ain't.

soad
04-05-2011, 11:24
What does this have to do with this being your first post? Which it ain't.

Yea, I realized I put it in the wrong section, but it was too late. That's what I get for using my phone to sneak on straightbourbon while at work.......:shocked:

sku
04-05-2011, 12:07
It should be fine. Spirits are very hearty, and with limited oxygen in the bottle, it could probably sit on the shelf for years without much in the way of deterioration.

StraightNoChaser
04-05-2011, 16:58
i saw a 50 year old bottle that was still sealed had lost about 10% of its volume. i think you'll be square until 2017 :grin: